Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

The Last Time Lucas arts were on G4 they insulted the whole of the SWG player base calling them nerds who have no life and still living in their parents basement and they also said "they'll come back they always do".... Just proving to me they didn't give a shit about their player base.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

and this has ANY bearing on the video how?

I have more faith in Bioware than any other company out there, even more so than bethesda (who pissed me off with Fallout 3's ending). If there's going to be a company who is in favor of the players, it would be BW.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by miagisan

I have more faith in Bioware than any other company out there, even more so than bethesda (who pissed me off with Fallout 3's ending). If there's going to be a company who is in favor of the players, it would be BW.

The first person in the video on the first link is a VP at Lucas Arts. John's comments just gives some perspective of that part of the entity that is talking at potential customers. You don't have to like that view, but it has relevance.

had more faith in BW than any other company until they started doing their vague talk about the direction and their thoughts for this title. After they started talking I've since lost that faith and most of my respect for them. Honestly, though, I can't say I'm surprised. I also disagree that they are now a company in favor of the players. I will agree that they used to be. SW:TOR, in my opinion, marks a turning point. Though, it could be argued that coming in line with EA was that point as well.

Yeah, I wasn't so keen on FO3's ending either. 1 & 2 were much better games in my opinion.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by achellis

This stuff aired on g4 this past week
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/691768/Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic_Video_Documentary.html
    http://www.g4tv.com/trailers/videos/35557/Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic.html

We're the video's different a all? They appeared to be the exact same thing... why post both of them?

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

The first person in the video on the first link is a VP at Lucas Arts. John's comments just gives some perspective of that part of the entity that is talking at potential customers. You don't have to like that view, but it has relevance.

had more faith in BW than any other company until they started doing their vague talk about the direction and their thoughts for this title. After they started talking I've since lost that faith and most of my respect for them. Honestly, though, I can't say I'm surprised. I also disagree that they are now a company in favor of the players. I will agree that they used to be. SW:TOR, in my opinion, marks a turning point. Though, it could be argued that coming in line with EA was that point as well.

Yeah, I wasn't so keen on FO3's ending either. 1 & 2 were much better games in my opinion.

2 months after we officaly know about it and the vague talk from the pre alpha stages have made you lose most of your respect for them? Dragon Age Orgins looks great. Also I wait for a finished product because thats when its final. Not when it can change daily.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Arndur

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

2 months after we officaly know about it and the vague talk from the pre alpha stages have made you lose most of your respect for them? Dragon Age Orgins looks great. Also I wait for a finished product because thats when its final. Not when it can change daily.

Yeah, it has. There's this great thing that you learn about in school called "context clues". If you read the articles that have been released, some points of which I have highlighted in other posts on this forum, you can begin to see the picture of where they would like to go with this title. I personally don't like that picture, which is perfectly fine. My respect qualifications are different from yours and are no better or no worse than yours. That is something that is unique to every person on this planet and can't be compared. So, if they have lost my respect, that's between me and them. Additionally, I've been following MMOs since Ultima Online. Through those many games I've yet to see one, in a public manner from it's talked about direction, change daily. Not at the level that this conversation is intimating would need be the case for my respect for them to rise again. Face it, they have their vision and their sticking to it. And I'm not going to try to argue them into changing it. I just won't buy it. Which, again, is perfectly fine.

As for Dragon Age: Origins, I agree, it looks like a very good game. I was all set to buy it hands down. Bioware's decisions for their MMO side of things has soured me a bit on them and I don't feel that drive as strongly anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to buy the game. For a single player RPG they do the best job for me personally in applying a method in game design. For MMOs, from the looks of things, they don't. Which is cool because they aren't bundling those two games and I can support the RPG and not the MMO.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez