Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why not play on a free server?

I hear all this complaining about bots and how everything thinks the game sucks because of them. Why not just play on a bot free server like aeRo or something. You get 30x exp and 30x drops so you can pretty much have a level 99 char within a couple days. Sometimes Gm's declare a whole town PvP or drop 50 of the strongest guys in the game there for fun. I enjoyed it for a while. Don't think I'd ever pay for the game.

~Ali

Comments

• healinghealing Member Posts: 6

I wonder if such free servers are legal and safe.

I do admit that it is good to be able to level fast, and have gms that create more excitment. However, sometimes, level too fast might cause one to miss something along the way.

Also, so far, I dare not try anything because i do not know if it is safe. If such server so contain trojan or allow hacking, then i might stand to lose even more. Hence, I have been 'behaving myself' by staying on the precribed few servers. Anyway, I have no idea where these alternaive servers are =P

• LivinDeadLivinDead Member Posts: 16
    Are there actual totally cost free Ragnarok servers to play on?

If so, Explain about them please...

• Pr0t0c0LPr0t0c0L Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by healing

I wonder if such free servers are legal and safe.
    I do admit that it is good to be able to level fast, and have gms that create more excitment. However, sometimes, level too fast might cause one to miss something along the way.
    Also, so far, I dare not try anything because i do not know if it is safe. If such server so contain trojan or allow hacking, then i might stand to lose even more. Hence, I have been 'behaving myself' by staying on the precribed few servers. Anyway, I have no idea where these alternaive servers are =P

Most of private Ragnarok servers are good and I have never met any server that was infected with anything. Those Game Masters are good peeps they spend much time on their private server and we should appreciate that. And they dont have time for trojans hacks and other weird stuff.

• rdfxrdfx Member Posts: 7

I've played ragnarok and it isn't worth paying for. I haven't used any of these free servers and i'm not sure if i will or not.
    Ragnarok was great for a while but then i got a bit bored when i realised that there were no real missions or objectives, just to get stronger and richer than everyone else and to get rare items. But if I new that these free servers were good and free from bugs then i might think about getting it just so i cango on occassionally to have some hack and slash fun.

Well I still love ragnarok after 3 years :) and there is always something new. Like towns monsters jobs.. etc...

• algemaralgemar Member Posts: 10

I've tried both the legal, and *cough non-legal servers.  However, the free server's are nice, because since the GM's are like u and me.  They don't have to adhere to the rules as much.  The more frequent times that towns are attacked by monsters than normal servers is lots of fun.  Also the server i've been using, updates just a week or two after the real servers, so i'm never behind the fun.

If we were all to die today. Who cares what happens tommorrow?

"We could take the city, but we would have to kill everyone in it."
    Mohammed Abdullah Al-Shahwani,
    on the difficulty of putting down a growing insurgency in the city of Fallujah.

• RobinSilverRobinSilver Member Posts: 2

• RobinSilverRobinSilver Member Posts: 2

• PhantosPhantos Member Posts: 3

I had a fun time playing Ragnarok online. The controls are bit cumbersome, and the "balance" from one monster to the next is ridiculous. You go from a weak jelly, to a wolf only the most egotistical of advanced players could defeat.

And what's up with this whole exp. dividing thing? That destroys the entire concept of making a party! This makes it so that I can't help someone fight a monster that's a bit too hard for them, or if they're at the verge of death, because then I'll end up with an unfair portion of exp from the whole thing and they leave feeling cheated. It forces everyone to go off on their own and become greedy and selfish for exp, which also destroys the entire concept of a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online RPG. It's not that it couldn't work, in theory, and in other games it does work to an extent. But it just wasn't pulled off very well in this.

Despite further problems(for example, it takes way too effing long to level up when you're in between the jelly and wolf stage of experience), there are a lot of good points to this game. For one, the graphics are very well done. The music is especially wonderful to listen to, and...

Actually, I guess that's it... Hmm... Well, it tried. That's what counts, right?

Haha. But did you ever heared of tanking. A "High lvl" character thats tanking strong creatures, so that weaker people can kill the creature. That gives them much xp :). If you are lvling like this it goes much faster. And there are a lot of people who wanna tank.

Greetz Pr0t0c0L

• Blue666Blue666 Member Posts: 9

i thought free server are illegal?

how come that there are free Ragnarok Online servers?

bye

Blue666

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Free RO servers are most definitely illegal.  The global aspects of the internet and the various international laws make it difficult to shut them all down, but they are nonetheless illegal.  The policy here at MMORPG.com is that we do not condone such servers.  Please refrain from asking how to access such servers or from advertising any non-Gravity servers in these forums.

Any posts that solicit or advertise such servers will be deleted and the author will be subject to being banned from this site.

-----
    You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

MMORPG.com Staff

-----

Old timer.

This discussion has been closed.