Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It has been effective with EA, it is far beyond time for an SOE boycott!

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Arndur

O O O I WANNA BOYCOTT TOO

No Im kidding I think this is stupid. I will continue my support of EA becuase I like their games. You people wouldn't have these kind of problems with a console. Every time I hear complaints about a game that is multi platform I laugh because that problem doesn't exist on my 360. SecurCom making you connect to play Mass Effect? Guess what I can play offline whoopie.

Good for you and your XBOX.... some of us dont play consoles.....

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I promise not to pay SOE another penny for the remainder of the year.

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Some of you guys need to go outside and gtfo your PC. Sony makes some decent electronics, a bit pricey for my budget but overall good quality. When it comes to their MMOs i cant say much since i dont play any but seriously, boycotting a whole company because one of their departments isnt up to par then you need help.

Sony has and still is a frontrunner in technology developent and NO i dont own a PS3 or any console for that matter. I have simply owned a few Sony products and have been pleased.

• safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

Here is another idea,

Why dont you just not buy SOE products anymore then shut your pie-hole about it.

There are still some people who like playing SOE games, and there are still some people (Me) who are desperately hoping for EQ3.

So if you dont like them, just dont talk about them.

Or you can just continue to poke pins into your Smedley doll and continue to dress up as Devil Smed on Hallowing to get awesome candy.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by safwd

Or you can just continue to poke pins into your Smedley doll.

Lol "doll". You have no clue what you're talking about, they're wax replicas.

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Or you can just continue to poke pins into your Smedley doll.

Lol "doll". You have no clue what you're talking about, they're wax replicas.

Humm...

Guess that's why they melted when i held a lighter under them.......

My favorite mmorpg of all time was SWG,(the real one).I haven't knowingly bought a Sony product since it became apparent they were sticking with the CU/NGE.They didn't care about thier subscribers,so screw them,and all thier products.

By the way.Read the news..Sony is hurting atm..

• DexyDexy Member Posts: 63

I have to admit that ive never played a SOE game for any extended period of time. As such i dont have personally any problems with them....

But i doubt i would even give them a shot now with the sever mismanagement of their mmo's.

• killer4hirekiller4hire Member Posts: 57

I happen to like some SOE games.  But then again, I'm not an Obi Wannabe whose whole life was seemingly destroyed by the change in gameplay on a video game. 

I promise you there's a better waste of time in an mmo not far away.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

You don't boycott things you have a choice in using, you boycott things that you are forced on using, unless someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy/play a game

Games or their company are not a thing to boycott unless a person is working for that company, you either play/buy a game or you don't, if you don't buy/play the game then it's just that, it has nothing to do with boycotting.

Originally posted by Reklaw

You don't boycott things you have a choice in using, you boycott things that you are forced on using, unless someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy/play a game.

The word boycott was used to describe things you didn't want to consume or use long before you were even born. Really, look it up.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I never really bought much sony stuff anywyas, except for I played some of the their games..... I just like the other compaies better than sony, you can get stuff with better or the same quality for cheaper.  All you are doing is paying the extra money for the name "SONY" put on the product.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Here is another idea,
    Why dont you just not buy SOE products anymore then shut your pie-hole about it.
    There are still some people who like playing SOE games, and there are still some people (Me) who are desperately hoping for EQ3.
    So if you dont like them, just dont talk about them.
    Or you can just continue to poke pins into your Smedley doll and continue to dress up as Devil Smed on Hallowing to get awesome candy.

Why not talk about it? That is part of boycotting, spreading the the word getting more people to join you so the company starts losing money. They either change how they do business and start making better products or they go out of business.   One person that doesn't tell anyone about their boycotting a company won't accomplish anything.

That is why companies pretty much try everything to keep a customer returning, if something happens and  they boycott a  company  that one person tells 5 people then those five people each tell 5 people and so on. 

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Waterlily

You don't boycott things you have a choice in using, you boycott things that you are forced on using, unless someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy/play a game.

The word boycott was used to describe things you didn't want to consume or use long before you were even born. Really, look it up.

Simply put as a gamer you DO NOT boycott games but you try to help improve these games.

Simply put as a gamer you DO NOT boycott games but you try to help improve these games.

What do you think EQ players have been doing all those years?

All the players on the Test Server. All the players who tested beta on each new expansion, all the players using /feedback commands to give feedback on bugs and give suggestions. Players going to developer blogs,chats, forums, all to give SoE help with debugging and help with balancing issues.

EQ would be nothing without it's players, nothing.

When SoE says "Fuck you" to the majority of it's player base with Station Cash, it's time players said "Fuck you" back to SoE.

• MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by clint3164

Originally posted by Lidane

I was under the impression that people have been boycotting SOE since the NGE/CU debacle. Guess not.

Yeah, I guess old crappy SOE is the new crappy SOE.

SOE free for 13 months and loving it.

I think that last comment is a great question to start asking people.

So please, let us know, how long have YOU been SOE free? 

Originally posted by Milky

7 days or so. Since SC.

• Ginfress02Ginfress02 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Milky

Originally posted by clint3164

Originally posted by Lidane

I was under the impression that people have been boycotting SOE since the NGE/CU debacle. Guess not.

Yeah, I guess old crappy SOE is the new crappy SOE.

SOE free for 13 months and loving it.

I think that last comment is a great question to start asking people.

After introducing LON cards.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Rofl.

Ok guys boycott Sony, I'm sure all 12 of you are gonna make a massive difference, lmfao.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy watching blu-ray on the PS3 in front of the big Sony TV. Don't really care much for their MMOs tbh, but goodluck...

O_o o_O

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Rofl.
    Ok guys boycott Sony, I'm sure all 12 of you are gonna make a massive difference, lmfao.
    Meanwhile I'll enjoy watching blu-ray on the PS3 in front of the big Sony TV. Don't really care much for their MMOs tbh, but goodluck...

I'm with you on this one. It would take millions upon millions of people to make a stand before companies change their ways. If I was to boycott every company that had unethical practices I'd be living in a cave eating mice.

• NeroScuroNeroScuro Member Posts: 167

People have been boycotting SoE, for a long time. I know many, many people who wouldn't touch their games even if they were free (why invest your time in something that SoE will inevitably ruin?).

If anything, Station Cash exists BECAUSE people were boycotting SoE. They were losing money, nobody was playing their crappy MMOs, so they figured they might as well try to rake out a few extra dollars from the 12 people still playing their games.

Nobody with a healthy MMO would jeopardize losing business like this.

For the few mongoloids that still don't 'get' the idea of a SoE boycott - a SoE boycott means boycotting SoE, not Sony (sounds easy enough to me, but then I'm not clinically retarded).

Not the Playstation 3. Not Sony TVs. Not random Sony peripherals. Only SoE.

*EDIT*

But to answer the original question, 3 years.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by NeroScuro

People have been boycotting SoE, for a long time. I know many, many people who wouldn't touch their games even if they were free (why invest your time in something that SoE will inevitably ruin?).
    If anything, Station Cash exists BECAUSE people were boycotting SoE. They were losing money, nobody was playing their crappy MMOs, so they figured they might as well try to rake out a few extra dollars from the 12 people still playing their games.
    For the few mongoloids that still don't 'get' the idea of a SoE boycott - a SoE boycott means boycotting SoE, not Sony (sounds easy enough to me, but then I'm not clinically retarded).

*EDIT*

Not playing a game =/= boycotting. I'm currently not playing any of SOE's games as none of them are what I'm looking for, doesn't mean i'm boycotting. Face it, nobody gives a crap about SWG whiners anymore. It's been 3 years, it's over and done. Your little "boycott" won't make any noticable difference in SOE's income at all.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Originally posted by firefly2003
    Cause people want everything handed to them , he will let his toons die with his belongings intact......same as I did with my SWG toons I wont give anything away Ive acculmated over the past 4 1/2 yrs screw the welfare players..... I earned it it dies with me.

I support boycott on $OE as well...

Would've gave the plat and rares to my guild, but when an officer was talking about the ingame store items he bought ("it's only $5"); and later discussing how folks could already cheat in the game -- yep, all the plat and the rares I harvested for months and stored will die with my main.

Believe in gamemanship, and something totally lacking in games today... honor.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Rofl.

It takes 12 people to start the ball rolling...

BTW, I'll boycott everything Sony -- movies, players/recorders, music. Nothing with a Sony brand (or offbrand associated with them) will get one red cent from me.

Beauty of capitalism is there's many competitors, and any that treats a customer right will get my dollars and praise. If not, the bottom of my shoe.

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

Iv been off SOE for a few years.

I plan to stay away.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by NeroScuro

*EDIT*

Not playing a game =/= boycotting. I'm currently not playing any of SOE's games as none of them are what I'm looking for, doesn't mean i'm boycotting. Face it, nobody gives a crap about SWG whiners anymore. It's been 3 years, it's over and done. Your little "boycott" won't make any noticable difference in SOE's income at all.

QFT, the whole boycotting thing just seems a little childish, if you don't like a game don't play it, declaring a vendetta on a company is ridiculous. If one day SOE produces a hit MMO game, do you think they'll introduce shitty features like this? No I don't think so, and guess what you'll be the one missing out.

O_o o_O