Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terraforming and world effects

Hello,

I was just wondering if there are any games out there that have implimented Terraforming (sculpting, digging the earth of the game with lasting effects) appart from Wurm Online. 

I was also wondering if there were long lasting effects such as cutting trees down that stay down for a while or digging a mine and so on and so on... ( yes pretty much like Wurm aswell).

I heard Darkfall has some features like these but was unable to find information about terraforming or complete customisation of "owned" land or buildings.

Thanks =]

Dragon1613 says:asdfasdfafsdfw111111123123123213

-server-Dragon1613 has died

Comments

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

No company is going to take that risk. It is too "advanced" and may be too hard of a concept for the average gamer to grasp.

• dragon1613dragon1613 Member Posts: 125

Hard to believe no gaming company wants to take a "Risk" of doing something a bit more different then mainstream games when most of the newer games are complete trash or clones..

ah well, i'll just make my own game :p

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by dragon1613

Hard to believe no gaming company wants to take a "Risk" of doing something a bit more different then mainstream games when most of the newer games are complete trash or clones..

You might have to into todays MMOs thats a radical mechanic.

I know I would enjoy such a feature but todays MMO players wouldnt be into it and today MMOs need to have mass appeal or they quickly fall into niche.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Wurm Online and Second Life allow it.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by dragon1613

You might have to into todays MMOs thats a radical mechanic.

I know I would enjoy such a feature but todays MMO players wouldnt be into it and today MMOs need to have mass appeal or they quickly fall into niche.

I would definatly think that a game such as Darkfall however would be the perfect game for an implemented skill such as terraforming.

One day I know that terraforming will be a part of MMO's since there will be virtually nothing left to be the "highlight" of a new game. Player customisation and the world surrounding the players being customised will definetly be key points in the future for a succesful game. ( Or..... it'l just stay mainstream.. T.T)

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

I'd be surprised of darkfall had terraforming.   Allowing terraform would basically mean a dynamic graphics optimizer instead of a static one,  which isn't something a company that prides itself on being FPS efficent would have.

Wurmonline - if you still want a game attached to world control

Second life- if world control is all you want

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

Originally posted by paulscott

I'd be surprised of darkfall had terraforming.   Allowing terraform would basically mean a dynamic graphics optimizer instead of a static one,  which isn't something a company that prides itself on being FPS efficent would have.

Wurmonline - if you still want a game attached to world control
    Second life- if world control is all you want

Yah, I understand how much terraformaing would affect the FPS of a person.. I guess I'm just a dreamer :D

Now excuse me, I'm gunna go sleep for a decade or two.. wake me up when MMO's evolve into something revolutionary...