Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soloing...

ManweZManweZ Member Posts: 65

I don't want to group in this game. I heard that is impossible in the beginning of the game.

T/F

Comments

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

First off, if you don't want to group then this game is not for you. The game machanics of this game is based on the party system. If you are looking for a game that you can run around and do a lot of stuff by yourself I'd look towards a WoW or a WAR.

Second. Are you implying it is impossible to solo early on or impossible to get a party early on. Either of which is not entirely true. You should be soloing up until at least lvl 10 this gives you a good understanding of the game and how your job works. Then you start the next few lvls getting your first parties and learning how the job work in conjunction with others. You can solo all the way to endgame if you wanted to, but it is a very slow grind. You take 5 minutes to kill a mob for 50 exp alone when you could be taking 3-4 minutes to kill a mob for 200 exp in a group. As far as getting parties. Some jobs are harder than others. Personally I just went form 13 to 20 on my Scholar in four hours in a party in the dunes. I didn't have much of a problem and Scholar sucks at that level.

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

Ya pretty much you can get to 20 no problem soloing, after that it becomes very very tough and slow. Not to mention you will need a group in order to finish the sub class quest, If I remember right it caps at 25 so even if yougrind to 30 your deleveled to 25 for the final stage of the quest I think.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Look at any Final Fantasy game, and then look at XI. Grouping is needed to advance. It doesn't change with this game, so sorry, probably not up your alley. Soloing to 75 is plenty possible. Way more of a hassle than partying though.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• ManweZManweZ Member Posts: 65

...... That sucks. Ty people.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Lunchbox76

Ya pretty much you can get to 20 no problem soloing, after that it becomes very very tough and slow. Not to mention you will need a group in order to finish the sub class quest, If I remember right it caps at 25 so even if yougrind to 30 your deleveled to 25 for the final stage of the quest I think.

I think you're confusing the subjob quest with Rank Mission 2-3.

The subjob quest is done at level 18 and only involves getting drops from 3 mobs.

The dragon fight for mission 2-3 (The Three Kingdoms) is capped at level 25.

Think ya got those mixed up :-p

Man I'm glad there's not a level 25 fight to unlock subjobs lol.

To the OP...as others have said, FFXI is not about soloing to end-game. Though it is possible, technically, to solo all the way to 75... it's slow and is, really, completely missing the point of the game.

FFXI is really about creating and developing a character in a very large world with a lot to do and many people to meet along the way.

You can, essentially, be low, mid and high level at the same time, across several jobs... thanks to the job changing system. So... you might get a job, or three, or six to level cap... but there's still plenty of "pre-level cap" content to enjoy on other jobs you're leveling up.

Progress in FFXI is centered on the character, not the class. In other MMOs you have one character that's a Mage, another character that's a Warrior, another that's a Priest... and so forth. In FFXI, my character is Shanree who is a Dragoon, Samurai, Warrior, Monk, Thief, Blue Mage, and several more jobs... at the same time. It's just a matter of which jobs I'm actively playing at the time.

For example, for doing Campaign Battles, Shanree just happens to be a level 75 Dragoon/Samurai at the moment. If I decide I want to work on Monk job for a while, which is level 59, I could switch to Monk/Warrior and do that... Or I could decide to start leveling Black Mage, a job I haven't started on yet, and be a level 1 Black Mage... and so on.

You never have to repeat quests because you want to try a different "class". You never have to create a new character to "go back" and experience content you missed on the way up.  And in fact, with the new level sync system, you can even do it on a high level character and simply be "sync'd down" to the appropriate level.

The benefits of the job system are myriad and it's really one of FFXI's most brilliant concepts. I'm really surprised more MMOs haven't adopted it in some form. Skill-based MMOs without defined classes are similar.. but approach it in a much different way.

At the end of the day, though, FFXI is about team-work. The group dynamics and interplay of different jobs in the game are another of its brilliant aspects, IMO.

But yeah, all that said... If you're looking for a game that's friendlier toward soloing, I wouldn't recommend FFXI.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops