Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Open Sci-Fi

ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Does not have to be an MMO, just any open-world sci-fi game (singleplayer or multiplayer) that's not Mass Effect, KOTOR, or Fallout (played the hell of out them).

If it's an MMO, even better.

And by open-world, I mean the ability to walk around on stations and stuff, not just confined to your ship/vehicle.

Comments

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

If you're looking for a sci-fi game where you can control a ship and get out to walk around then I don't think one has been created yet besides the one I mention below. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure all others make you choose between controling a ship or a sim character.

Single player:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (2007)

Prototype (Q2 2009)

Dead Space was pretty good, but you're confined to the area the storyline sets you on. The ending was pretty good though. (2008)

MMO:

ACE Online is possibly the closest to what you're wanting. You control a ship to complete missions and your character is taken back to the quest hub area when finished. You actually get to move your character outside of its ship when not on a mission. I don't remember there being many, if any, character customizations, but you can add a bunch of stuff to your ship. I didn't play it long since I don't care for that type so I can't say how the rest of the game is.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

bump

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

Entropia Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Ryzom, Tabula Rasa (shutting down February 28th).

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• imp0imp0 Member Posts: 54

anarchy online