Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another first-day impression.

ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

I like this game, but let’s cleanse the audience so to speak and get the controversial stuff out of the way: 1). It’s an Asian cash-shop game. If you hate those, you will hate this. Move along, nothing to see here. 2.) It’s 3D cutesy anime style. Think Flyff. If you hate those, you will hate this. Move along. 3). It’s still beta. There are class balance issues, some aspects are not fleshed out, and I get occasional sound drop-outs and computer lock-ups. Also, (and I suppose it is because it is beta) it needs to be downloaded from various game sites that you need to register to use. (I had the fastest and best luck at Gamershell) None of the above renders the game unplayable, but if you have low tolerance for such, come back later.

Still with me? Ok, now for the gimmick. What makes this somewhat different is the nautical aspect. Yes, we’ve seen that in Voyage Century and others, but in this case you and your ship are like another character with its own customization and skill-tree independent of your “land” skill tree and having your own pool of skill points for it, meaning you don’t have to sacrifice land-skill points to bump your sea skills. But you DO get attribute points when you level at sea to spend on your character. Very nice. They really want you to go to sea, and seem to make it no-down-side to do it.

You get a pile of character slots—at least five on a server. Usually games try to annoy the world by giving you one less slot than there are classes. Speaking of classes there are four which subdivide at a later level. I’m actually a fan of archetype class systems, but the skill trees in the style of Diablo 2 allows for good customization at first glance.

The grind is, well, pretty grindy. It’s classic quests to “go kill [x # of creatures]” go out into the field where the mobs await as if on a farm.

But it is still on my computer which is unusual as most free-to-play get deleted within a half an hour. So, my first-impression review is try it.

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Just thought I'd say that I like your review. (Particularly points #1 and 2-- Not quite sure why people try a game like this and then complain that they didn't like it for those reasons. It's pretty easy to tell what it is from the website alone. It's like buying apples and complaining that they aren't oranges. )

I am no good at the sea combat yet. I am sure I will get the hang of it. I was going to play with people I know IRL, but they have video cards that have difficulties. The video issue is something people might want to look into before they download. With any luck, that will get resolved.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• ArkGraveArkGrave Member Posts: 21

I've played this game and I notice a few things...

1. Guides to the classes like helping you out on the stats/skills are bit out of date

2.Not many people are playing this game. I swear this that you will not find more than 10 - 14 max people in the town some barely even have 3 people.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I use to play this game a couple of months ago and it was full of people. I am downloading now because I started thinking of how charmful it was. I hope its not already dead before it got started.

Last time I was in which was Nov 30 there really weren't many people....I saw only about 8 in town or 14 most of which were just fishing and having markets up

I went on the United States / English Server the other day and it was till full of people. What server are you on?

Originally posted by Korvenus

I went on the United States / English Server the other day and it was till full of people. What server are you on?

really full of people? where in town or field....the beginner town doesn't count try riding your boat and heading over to the other island and let me know when you see more people, as a matter of fact take a screenshot and show me, and yes I played on the english server

The beginer town does not count? What do you mean? Are all the people quiting once they leave the first town?  Your statement does not make sense. What are you saying? Are you saying that the game is not populated or only the starter town is populated? I am not going to make a screenshot because I am not here to prove anything and its not that serious. There are people in the town and in the fields. There are more people playing the game now then when I tried it 3 months ago. Why would I have to go looking for people when I see people running around everywhere when I log on?

Geez dude it's just a screenshot calm down, Im just saying try going of to another island and look at the other towns see if its filled with more than 5 - 6 players.