Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whopervirgins

13»

Comments

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by tvalentine

Originally posted by Waterlily

Originally posted by Dekron

I lived in Hungary and Romania and stayed for quite lengthy visits in Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Italy and France. With those experiences I can easily say get off your high horse. Food is not treated as a "privilege". Even in the small villages I lived in, they provide enormous amounts of food - to much for even us fat Americans you despise so much.
    The only culture difference I noticed with food is a sense of pride in the cooking, but that is all. Your finding offense in nothing just to project your negative view of the US.

Ok, whatever. I don't care where you used to live.

I have stayed respectfull up to this point, but I'll reply to you and make my last post on this.

You could have lived on the moon and I would still not consider you European unless you were born here.

So keep your arrogant backwards US attitude to yourself instead of pretending you actually know how people are like here.

I don't need to be nice to everyone, redneck. You don't even speak my language but you know the customs here. Really, you are so full of yourself that there's probably no room for a pet in your house.

I wasn't negative about the US at all, but about the ad. And it's 'you' not 'your', but I'm sure you knew this since you speak.....nm you only speak English.

the hypocrisy runs deep in this post. You call dekron arrogant, yet your post wreaks of it as well.  I agree with what dekron said in that earlier post "Your finding offense in nothing just to project your negative view of the US". I couldnt have said it better myself. But what do i know, i'm not as smart as the master races of europe, because i'm just a stupid american stereotype.

Burger king regularly runs condescending type commercials and this one is no different. It's a joke based on the fact that both they and their customers know they are second best to the first class McDonald's. The first class McDonald's being part of the joke. The commercial is trying to be arrogant and use stereotypes because it's a joke about their customers. Duhhhhhhhh!

• MandarrMandarr Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Triggger

Originally posted by Mandarr

Originally posted by billie

whopper virgins campaign

This is pathetic in every way. Why don`t they show them some pictures of what scoffing burgers do to you in the long run. They could show them some pictures of fat burger eating yank(god knows there are enough of them) or something like this..

images.google.co.uk/imgres

Are you trying to say there's no fat people elsewhere in this world?  lol too funny.  Anyway, the add was stupid to me, but not offensive to me, but if it is to other people I really honestly couldn't care less. 

Did i say that? I will say that walking down a street in america is like saying "welcome to fat club" some many fat yanks it`s unreal.

Perhaps they should start sharing the pies.

Well no you "technicaly" didn't say it, but you did impy it and you did so again in this response.  Good job.

This website is a safe haven for trolls and haters. I'm done with this pathetic site.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by Waterlily

Still, we treat food very differently here.

I lived in Hungary and Romania and stayed for quite lengthy visits in Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Italy and France. With those experiences I can easily say get off your high horse. Food is not treated as a "privilege". Even in the small villages I lived in, they provide enormous amounts of food - to much for even us fat Americans you despise so much.

The only culture difference I noticed with food is a sense of pride in the cooking, but that is all. Your finding offense in nothing just to project your negative view of the US.

Nom nom nom ......what are you guys talking about?  Nom nom nom .........

*wipes grease dribbling from chin

Nom nom nom ...........

Hey Guys ......... I'm eatin' dinner

Nom nom nom ...........

Out of Napkins .......... *Wipes chin on shirt

Nom nom nom .........

*BELCH .......... Nom nom nom ........

<LINK>

Pfffft.....Ingrates ....... Nom nom nom ......

"FRACK!  I forgot to get desert!" .......... Nom nom nom .....

Hey who's driving ......... I need some "ICE CREAM!"

NOM NOM NOM ................

~Hairysun~

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Gangsters of the world, that is what you are. Now you are just for a walk to visit your poor old friends and show the cool stuff you have now at home and smile at how innocently they admire your new car.

PATHETIC.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

All of you condescending, arrogant non-Americans who are just here to bash Americans can go shove it.

WHO fact sheet:

-Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with more than 1 billion adults overweight - at least 300 million of them clinically obese

-obesity rates that have risen three-fold or more since 1980 in some areas of North America, the United Kingdom, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific Islands, Australasia and China

There are over 1 billion adults overweight worldwide...So...YOUR COUNTRIES HAVE FAT ASSES TOO.  For those in the UK and Europe who are on their arrogant high horses, your countries/regions are also listed as having very high obesity rates.

Its like you guys think American invented fat people and obesity.  No, we didn't.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

whopper virgins campaign

This is pathetic in every way. Why don`t they show them some pictures of what scoffing burgers do to you in the long run. They could show them some pictures of fat burger eating yank(god knows there are enough of them) or something like this..

Are you trying to say there's no fat people elsewhere in this world?  lol too funny.  Anyway, the add was stupid to me, but not offensive to me, but if it is to other people I really honestly couldn't care less. 

Did i say that? I will say that walking down a street in america is like saying "welcome to fat club" some many fat yanks it`s unreal.

and, likewise, I can walk down the streets of London and start handing out toothbrushes and dental floss to the Brits.

Perhaps they should start sharing the toothpaste.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Anyone who is "offended" by this ad campaign needs to relax their pucker and enjoy a fucking hamburger. Stop being so whiny.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by altairzq

Gangsters of the world, that is what you are. Now you are just for a walk to visit your poor old friends and show the cool stuff you have now at home and smile at how innocently they admire your new car.

PATHETIC.

Oh my gawd

let me play you an organic, no animals were harmed in making this Violin. I'm sure I can whip out some non offensive lullaby to put you to sleep.

PATHETIC.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

PATHETIC.

Oh my gawd

let me play you an organic, no animals were harmed in making this Violin. I'm sure I can whip out some non offensive lullaby to put you to sleep.

PATHETIC.

I don't want this to be a person to person argument. Even less when you chose to use sarcasm, and not a too good one for the occasion I think, instead of arguments.

But I might like the lullaby. Even better, if they had accompanied that publicity with some sort of aid to these people, like giving 1% of their profits for them, that at least would have been something not so bad. Still a ridiculous and inmature campaign, but not so pathetic and offensive.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

PATHETIC.

Oh my gawd

PATHETIC.

I don't want this to be a person to person argument. Even less when you chose to use sarcasm, and not a too good one for the occasion I think, instead of arguments.

But I might like the lullaby. Even better, if they had accompanied that publicity with some sort of aid to these people, like giving 1% of their profits for them, that at least would have been something not so bad. Still a ridiculous and inmature campaign, but not so pathetic and offensive.

You have yet to state a single reason why, you can't think of a reason because you are blinded by anti-american agenda and hatred, to me what you are saying is complete garbage, there is no reasoning just a series of big words thrown around like 'immature' and 'pathetic'.

When someone calls you out you don't want to 'argue' with them, which leads me to believe you are adding absolutely nothing to the discussion except to get a reaction out of people.

So in your own words...

PATHETIC.

O_o o_O

Originally posted by Bigdavo

PATHETIC.

Oh my gawd

PATHETIC.

You have yet to state a single reason why, you can't think of a reason because you are blinded by anti-american agenda and hatred, to me what you are saying is complete garbage, there is no reasoning just a series of big words thrown around like 'immature' and 'pathetic'.

When someone calls you out you don't want to 'argue' with them, which leads me to believe you are adding absolutely nothing to the discussion except to get a reaction out of people.

So in your own words...

PATHETIC.

I won't answer to personal attacks either.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

PATHETIC.

Oh my gawd

PATHETIC.

So in your own words...

PATHETIC.

You refer to Americans as "gangsters of the world," but now you "won't answer to personal attacks."

PATHETIC.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

lol.. Who are you trying to kid, altairzq?  You come in here throwing insults against an entire country of people, then say you don't want to get into a 'one on one' conversation, and say that you want a legitimate argument?  Argument against what?  Against your bigotry?  The only people who are getting hateful in this thread are the ones who insist that this video is offensive.  They say it's demeaning to those people, and then go on to say how disgusting America and its people are.

Come on.  You're not fooling anyone.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Wow this thread is just...

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

So PATHETIC is the new word all the cool kids use now?

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

whopper virgins campaign

and, likewise, I can walk down the streets of London and start handing out toothbrushes and dental floss to the Brits.

Really? lol, sorry but that is BS. Unlike your pitiful country dental care is  made available to everyone through the NHS. I hardly see anyone with bad teeth and this is fact. Perhaps you should speak to the people of Lubbock, Tex about dental care.

Walk down a street in any city in the US and fat people,not just over weight but freaking disgusting obese people are everywhere. These same people have the front to go on chat shows making out that they have an illness when really they are fat pigs who eat all the pies.

You can walk down any street in the UK and you hardly see any obese people. There is fat and there is freaking ginormous,your people fit into the latter description.

Are you kidding me? I thought obesity is at epidemic proportions in the UK as well, isn't that why that Jamie guy is trying to get you Brits to eat healthier. Many western countries have obesity problems, including my country, Australia.

O_o o_O

• lvlanooblvlanoob Member Posts: 75

I am not a Whopper virgin. I have eaten many Whoppers. Does this make me a Whopper whore? Hmmm....so be it :-)

---------------------------------
    Mean People Suck

Originally posted by kobie173

PATHETIC.

Oh my gawd

PATHETIC.

So in your own words...

PATHETIC.

You refer to Americans as "gangsters of the world," but now you "won't answer to personal attacks."

PATHETIC.

Well, I don't go around showing off and not giving a shit about other people's conditions and not helping them, so I don't deserve a personal attack.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

But Americans do

nice generalization

you fail

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Sharing food is bad people, you know we should just take a bite of it and throw it all away, waste is good!

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

whopper virgins campaign

Really? lol, sorry but that is BS. Unlike your pitiful country dental care is  made available to everyone through the NHS. I hardly see anyone with bad teeth and this is fact. Perhaps you should speak to the people of Lubbock, Tex about dental care.

Walk down a street in any city in the US and fat people,not just over weight but freaking disgusting obese people are everywhere. These same people have the front to go on chat shows making out that they have an illness when really they are fat pigs who eat all the pies.

You can walk down any street in the UK and you hardly see any obese people. There is fat and there is freaking ginormous,your people fit into the latter description.

Are you kidding me? I thought obesity is at epidemic proportions in the UK as well, isn't that why that Jamie guy is trying to get you Brits to eat healthier. Many western countries have obesity problems, including my country, Australia.

No, i am not kidding.Walk down a street in the UK and you will not see many obese people at all. Walk down a street in the US and it`s a freaking burger FFA . Jamie is talking about school dinners and eating healthy,that does not mean that we have an obese problem anywhere on the same scale as the USA.

The fact is ,american has a large population of fat pigs who think they have an illness, when really they keep eating all the pies.

Obesity is a problem in all countries go do some research instead of spewing out the same ol Americans are fattest crap oh and here this for you : 

Australia world's fattest nation

20 Jun 2008, 1711 hrs IST, AGENCIES

Print EMail Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

SYDNEY: Australia now hails to be the world's fattest nation with 26 percent of its adults being classified as obese, according to a new report

released here on Friday.

The report "Australia's Future Fat Bomb" was undertaken by the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, and revealed that some 4 million Australian adults are obese.

The alarming new figures mean the nation has officially overtaken the United States having 25 percent obesity rate.

"That, unfortunately, makes us the heavyweight champions, a title we don't really want," Simon Stewart, Institute's head of preventative cardiology, said.

"As we send our athletes off to the Olympics, let's reflect on the fact that we would win the gold medal now in the world fat Olympics if there were such a thing," he added.

According to the report, some 1.5 million middle-aged Australians are currently obese, a figure the report predicts will result in an additional 700,000 cardiovascular-related hospital admissions in the next 20 years.

As a result of these "highly preventable admissions," Australia will be forced to pay out an extra USD 2.85 billion in health expenditures, the report claims.

The report also proposed a number of recommendations to curb the nation's expanding waistlines, including a national weight loss strategy similar to the high-profile smoking and skin cancer campaigns and the subsidising of gym memberships.

The findings, which were presented at a government inquiry into obesity, have drawn sharp reactions from Health Minister Nicola Roxon, who called the results "staggering."

Speaking to reporters in Canberra, Roxon said the fight against obesity is a national priority and the government hopes to have an effective nationwide strategy in place within the next 12 months.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i wouldnt bother scalebane, you could show as much evidence and as many links as you want to people like Triggger but they're point of view wont change. The only thing you should give Triggger is pity.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

This discussion has been closed.