Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't scratch that itch?

madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Ever since UO was drastically altered I have been un able to find a game that can actually pull me into it like the UO I once knew and love. And yes, I refer to pre-trammel UO.

The only game that has brought back any of the sensation that I enjoyed with UO is Age of Conan. It is lacking a lot of the things I really enjoyed in UO such as it being skill based instead of leveling. But what it does have is the excitement of going anywhere and being in danger. It has a criminal system now as well. Sure its not as cool as UO was with the different titles, but you do go 'red' and have guards attack you.

So to keep it short, if you are looking for a game that isn't all ganking but still leaves you in danger, or lets you cause it, Age of Conan might be the game to try out. I have been enjoying the game for a straight 2 months now. I have tried nearly every MMO I could find to fill the void that UO left and AOC has come the closest. I haven't tried Warhammer Online yet though.

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Yea, I hear ya.  I recently quit LOTRO because it  felt empty compared to my Pre-Trammel UO days, but there were no other decent options

Anyway, I'm having a good time in Warhammer Online.  I'd recommend that to anyone. 

Cheers

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by madazz

Ever since UO was drastically altered I have been un able to find a game that can actually pull me into it like the UO I once knew and love. And yes, I refer to pre-trammel UO.
    The only game that has brought back any of the sensation that I enjoyed with UO is Age of Conan. It is lacking a lot of the things I really enjoyed in UO such as it being skill based instead of leveling. But what it does have is the excitement of going anywhere and being in danger. It has a criminal system now as well. Sure its not as cool as UO was with the different titles, but you do go 'red' and have guards attack you.
    So to keep it short, if you are looking for a game that isn't all ganking but still leaves you in danger, or lets you cause it, Age of Conan might be the game to try out. I have been enjoying the game for a straight 2 months now. I have tried nearly every MMO I could find to fill the void that UO left and AOC has come the closest. I haven't tried Warhammer Online yet though.

If you think AoC is close to UO, then you might as well try WoW, and War.  I've tried just about everything so far and nothing comes close to UO.  The only 2 games that might have a chance to recreate that old UO feeling would be Mortal online and Darkfall. 

• MachoMMachoM Member Posts: 89

Yup, I think there are a good amount of ppl with the same feeling.  Personally, I'm waiting for Darkfall and Stargate Worlds.  While Stargate Worlds may not have  the aspects of pre-trammel UO that I enjoyed so much I am interested in the tactical fighting style it is going to utilize.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by MachoM

Yup, I think there are a good amount of ppl with the same feeling.  Personally, I'm waiting for Darkfall and Stargate Worlds.  While Stargate Worlds may not have  the aspects of pre-trammel UO that I enjoyed so much I am interested in the tactical fighting style it is going to utilize.

DarkFall launches January 22 2009 WOot. 

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

DarkFall launches January 22 2109 WOot. 

Fixed

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Originally posted by Kordesh

DarkFall launches January 22 2009 WOot. 

Fixed

Check the official announcements before putting your foot in your mouth.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

I'm gonna pass on Darkfall.  I like a 2D Ultima :)

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716
    Originally posted by Kordesh

DarkFall launches January 22 2109 WOot. 

Fixed

lol wow you've been living under a rock i see

Originally posted by GungaDin

I'm gonna pass on Darkfall.  I like a 2D Ultima :)

Yeah, I probably would have stayed a bit longer if they hadn't started talking about phasing out 2D and making KR the only client. Was enough for me to take a break at the time. Since the break I just can't get back into it anymore lol. Looking forward to the combat and FFA PvP of DarkFall with better graphics on top of the UO mechanics I miss.

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

If you want a classic return ,let the dev's know and tell them what would make you return.

http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php