Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbish Questions

V3rg1lV3rg1l Member Posts: 14

Hello fellow GW players.I was searching of a f2p(dont wanna pay lots of money) game that is based on pvp and then i remembered that i had bought GW when it came out.Although i didnt play much because i started wow .But now i am thinking of playing GW again.So i have some newbish questions(as title says:P)First of all i am kinda confused with these expansions.I read the sticky post but its not clear yet :P.So ,I have only,GW prophecies,can i play with this or should i buy a campaign?My second though was if the game has population.I didnt wanna start a dead game.I read tho that still many people fight at GW's arenas :DLets start with these and if more questions come into my mind i will post :D

Comments

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    Originally posted by V3rg1l

Hello fellow GW players.I was searching of a f2p(dont wanna pay lots of money) game that is based on pvp and then i remembered that i had bought GW when it came out.Although i didnt play much because i started wow .But now i am thinking of playing GW again.So i have some newbish questions(as title says:P)First of all i am kinda confused with these expansions.I read the sticky post but its not clear yet :P.So ,I have only,GW prophecies,can i play with this or should i buy a campaign?My second though was if the game has population.I didnt wanna start a dead game.I read tho that still many people fight at GW's arenas :DLets start with these and if more questions come into my mind i will post :D

Yes you can play with only GW Prophecies. However, if you're heavily into PvP, you will be missing skills from those expansions. And yes, still plenty of players playing. You obviously have the first game, so go ahead, and fire it up. No monthly subscription fee there, so you can just log on and have a look yourself.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I just got back into GW about a year ago and got about 4 of my friends into as well. My point is that the game is very much alive. I constantly see new players joining. I would recommend just playing Prophecies then if you enjoy it buy the 2 chapters and 1 expansion. I'm not huge on the PvP side but if you need any help with the PvE add these 2 names; Mistress Regeurk(post acct) and I Stay In Pre(Pre acct).  I have 2 accts so try both names. 

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• V3rg1lV3rg1l Member Posts: 14

Thanks!I installed it and now i got my necro/mesmer lvl 3 already :D

Btw i looked at GWwiki that most necros are summoners.I liked the necromancer mostly because of his blood skills.Will i have a problem?I dont know i am confused about which proffesion should i choose...And if i stay at necromancer what about the secondary? I choosed mesmer because of the curses but it seems not very good...

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Honestly Minon Masters are the main Necro builds but you really don't have to worry about it until higher lvls. I'd keep checking Pvxwiki.com for blood magic builds. That site is all builds. I don't have any necros so I couldn't tell you the "best" secondary is but Monk is nvr bad if your not sure. I'm also assuming your in Pre so it seems much more limited. Post is what you really have to worry about. What is your chars name? I can always help you run around pre if you want everything opened up.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

My ingame name is Vampire Ceras

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Feel free to create your own builds. Don't feel forced to play anything unless your current build is utterly terrible (after which you still need not be forced to play a specific build). The only way you'll learn the skill system well is by experimenting. 

If you need help PM me in-game - Trey Comeau.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

You will occasionally run into some clueless moron who will berate your skill choices, they may even call you a noob. [ignore] is your friend.

Some people swear by "established" cookie-cutter style builds, personally i prefer to make my own choices on what is found on my skillbar, but if your looking for a little inspiration in the choices you have gw-guru www.guildwarsguru.com has some reasonable guides for each class

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Ignore the haters in the community. If you play on the European server you're doomed to meet Blue Perception sooner or later. Just ignore him, or laugh with him, depends on your personality. ;) 

Anyway, one of the best features about Guild Wars are the monthly updates. In the December update they changed about 30 skills, allowing over 100's of new builds. And that every month. And although almost everybody i know semi quit Guild Wars, we always come online for those updates (usually on the first thursday/friday of the month). 

And the builds are by far the best part about Guild Wars! You'll see, and you'll probably love it. ;)

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• dlooneydlooney Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by erandur

Ignore the haters in the community. If you play on the European server you're doomed to meet Blue Perception sooner or later. Just ignore him, or laugh with him, depends on your personality. ;) 
    Anyway, one of the best features about Guild Wars are the monthly updates. In the December update they changed about 30 skills, allowing over 100's of new builds. And that every month. And although almost everybody i know semi quit Guild Wars, we always come online for those updates (usually on the first thursday/friday of the month). 

And the builds are by far the best part about Guild Wars! You'll see, and you'll probably love it. ;)

Ahh the updates :D I remember when I first got factions I had a certain build that worked great for me, but I stopped playing for a bit. After I got back on and went into a random arena match I was amazed to find out that I couldn't do my lead attack because it now required a hex :/. Have to always stay alert with those kind of things.