Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion is not a next gen MMO

13»

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Ya know, Aion my not seem next-gen to you, but who needs a next gen MMORPG? What we really need these days is an MMORPG that is fun, not NEXT GEN bull shit, come on man

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

So the OP is complaining about a MMORPG because it's a RPG?  If people don't like RPGs then don't play RPGs.  Do people go to RTS game forums and try to get them to change to FPSs too? 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • neko-kunneko-kun Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by coldfreedom

aion is not a next gen mmo title. why? well the gameplay is same old generic typical mmo out there. you still get hit by a fireball that you have no option of dodging it in real-time with human-skill.
    i only call a mmo next gen is when it is innovative with true real-time that can dodge a fireball.
    i can almost call chronicles of spellborn a next gen title since it seems real-time and can dodge melee attack with real human-skill involve. no idea if we can dodge a fireball though but anyway the crappy graphic is holding it back from calling it a next gen title.

age of conan is almost be called next gen too but sadly not. it has real-time attack button but you still cant dodge a fireball right? and the ultimate hold back is the graphic.. sur ethe graphic is advance with all that hdr lighting ect or whatever it is but the overall visual is still look like neverwinter nights 2 even in dx10. it wont change the graphic style.

next gen mmo must have both innovating department, true real-time and graphic. aion is just a souped up lineage2 with great graphic and a blend of wow controls. super lineage2. gameplay still the same generic mmo out there. cant dodge fireball blah blah no human-skill involve. only stat involve. mmo need to stop making stat level based and make it human-skill based. cause whoever high level win is no fun.

MMO WITH STAT BASED LEVEL BASED IS ENCOURAGING CURRUPTCY...... PLAYERS WILL START ILLEGALLY/LEGALLY BUYING IN-GAME CURRENCY TO RAISE STAT AND LEVEL UP FASTER.  so do you want to race each other with this kind of currupcy system? hell no i wouldnt even play. the people that buys in-game currency is jus dont notice the manipulation  system.
    MMO WITH PURE HUMAN-SKILL BASED, TRUE REAL-TIME, GREAT GRAPHIC.... THAT IS NEXT GEN MMO.

from the creator of aion.. from the creator of lineage2.. called blade and soul will be a true next gen mmo. innovating looking with that console feel and unparalleled graphic will surely make you drool all over.

mmorpg is getting obsolete cause its keep on bringing same old crap on the table.

WAIT FOR NEXT GEN MMO.....

..........UNTILL THEN STICK WITH FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.

Well there is a MMORPG coming out on the 22 of January that has all the things you are talking about except the Korean type graphics. It’s called Darkfall. It is a so called sandbox MMORPG. Apparently sandbox MMORPGs are new GEN.

If you want a sandbox with Unreal 3 graphics then you will have to gait for Mortal online. But that might take a while.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454
    Originally posted by achesoma

So the OP is complaining about a MMORPG because it's a RPG?  If people don't like RPGs then don't play RPGs.  Do people go to RTS game forums and try to get them to change to FPSs too? 

RTS evolves, there are plenty of rts games that are a significant leap forward in terms of gameplay from a few years ago, mmorpg seems to be stuck in time thus the complaints.  I don't think any other genre is quite so stagnant, even driving games have evolved more.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Blodpls

Originally posted by achesoma

RTS evolves, there are plenty of rts games that are a significant leap forward in terms of gameplay from a few years ago, mmorpg seems to be stuck in time thus the complaints.  I don't think any other genre is quite so stagnant, even driving games have evolved more.

That's not really true.  MMOs have changed quite significantly over the last 9 years and they just became mainstream in the last 3 years or so.  Most people were not even on the internet until about 7-8 years ago. 

The point isn't about genre progression it's about trying to change RPGs into FPSs.  RPGs and FPSs are two completely different genres.  Thus my original point.  Do people typically try to turn RTSs into FPSs?  Not that I've ever seen. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Thinking FPS style combat should become standard in MMOs is crazy when not everyone  likes or plays FPS games.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

My o my that fire ball really molested you when you were a child, it explains why you think CAPS make your arguments seem more interesting. Anyway many mmo players dislike the add state you have to be to be good at fps.

Skill in a mmo has more to do with knowing what to do, when to do it. Trying to turn mmos into somthing where you'll have to bunny hop to avoid those evil fireballs is like telling footbal players that to make the game better they are gonna have to use their feet instead of their hands while keepign all the other rules like they are.

Would that make the game better.

Now its time for you to bunny hop back to cs.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Korvenus

Thinking FPS style combat should become standard in MMOs is crazy when not everyone  likes or plays FPS games.

well said.  BELIEVE it or not some people don't like FPS games but love RPG games!! 

I've say that move PvP players like FPS cause they want to compete with other players.  So it's all about player skill and outdoing other players.

Where I'd suggest PvE players prefer RPG game styles because they are less about killing other players and more about progressing through every more challenging content and seeing their characters grow in skill and ability and competing by their achievements or buy helping their team.

Two very different types of player orientations... 

I think some PvP people think that an RPG would be a cool vehicle for FPS but the problem is that for an FPS to work it needs to be balance.  Unfortunately an RPG will never be balanced and player skill will always be secondary to character development until such time as there is no character development and then we are back to being a pure fps game.  Ultimately in an RPG style game two lvl 50 character will not be equal. One will be new and have beginner gear and one will be a god with rare gear of the gods and there won't be much competiion unless the better equiped guy is sleeping he will kill the lesser geared guy no matter what.

---
    Ethion

• AratakiArataki Member UncommonPosts: 239

What I find fascinating is that no one seems to have a solid idea of what 'next gen' actually means. So far, it has been used as a marketing gimmick that, so far, has spawned games that fail.

Is next gen graphics? Playstyle? Concepts? Is the term even definable? The game industry cannot and will not make changes due to the risk involved. Every possible "next gen" game in terms of gameplay has been shot down by the masses, or strangled by irresponsible executive decisions.

Personally, I don't think we will ever have a true "next gen" game until we are playing with holographics or something similar.

So sit down and shut up

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Arataki

What I find fascinating is that no one seems to have a solid idea of what 'next gen' actually means. So far, it has been used as a marketing gimmick that, so far, has spawned games that fail.
    Is next gen graphics? Playstyle? Concepts? Is the term even definable? The game industry cannot and will not make changes due to the risk involved. Every possible "next gen" game in terms of gameplay has been shot down by the masses, or strangled by irresponsible executive decisions.
    Personally, I don't think we will ever have a true "next gen" game until we are playing with holographics or something similar.
    So sit down and shut up

No I know exactly what it means = Next Generation

It's used as a marketing tool to make you drool for new games. A Next Generation game uses the same old mechanics as prior games but with a flashier something, like better graphics, better coding, smoother game play whatever. It's simply the next step up from the current generation of games.

That's it. People do often confuse next gen with completely different kind of game or new. Which would be new gen not next gen, no?

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)