Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holiday Update

Jatar, are we going to have a holiday update soon?  Kinda like an extra present for christmas.

Comments

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

There will be an official update on the www.citadelofsorcery.com website some time next week.  We've been working hard on a new milestone build, and getting ready for our company Holiday party.  :)  

Since many of our staff are in different states (and countries) some people are attending via the CoS game world, where there is a virtual scavenger hunt for prizes going on during the party.   We'll have many systems there for people at the physcial location of the party to log in and meet virtually with the other team members.    Hey, if you have a virtual world, why not use it?

I'll post a picture next week of the virtual team in the world together by one of the holiday decorations in Cos.

• noobzornoobzor Member Posts: 43

Jatar i totaly agree with you and i cant wait for an update (meaning everytime i get on the internet i check both this site and your official site as well... i think im a fan).

and while its still fresh in my mind do you think that CoS will have holidays cause i think that would be amazing.

Well, let's talk about time and the calendar of the game.  

Citadel of Sorcery is not a static world, as we've mentioned before.  Thus each day of the world is a 'new' day, the next in the CoS calendar.  The world's calendar runs on a four season schedule, with 91 days in each season.  Therefore, today might be the 12th of Winter.

Why is this important?  Because today, the 12th of Winter, is a different day than the 11th.  And on the twelfth, it might be the Tyven great egg stealing holiday, or the 12th could be the day that one of Morphael's commanders planned to invade a Gargoyle settlement.  And it also might be the day that the annual holiday market and carnival started in Westbrook.  It might also be the day that the recreated harvest new bodies by the full moon.  It is also the day of the week that farmer Jones takes his goods to market, the day a mad wizard releases his magic plague, and the day your enimies plan to ambush you.  But... tommorrow, that will really be something different. 

The point being, in CoS  today is not like yesterday, and tomorrow will be different still, new things happen today because it IS the 12th of Winter.  

So, I hope this answers your question, of course there are holidays, and every other type of event you can imagine, something different every day.  There is never (and I mean never) a day in CoS where something new isn't going on in the world. 

• skipethskipeth Member Posts: 66

Looking forward to next weeks update!

Any chance the loyal fans can drop by the party?

A big cheer for non-static worlds!  A day-night cycle (lighting effect only), random rain, and passing out candy canes at christmas doesn't make a static world any less static. 

Loyal fans... you know who you are, after all, you have already sent us email to get on the Beta test list (even though that is NOT yet near).   You know who you are because you can't wait to see if we're telling you the truth about this game, or blowing smoke up, well, where smoke shouldn't go.  

Yes, you know who you are, and we're starting to figure it out as well.  But... as for THIS holiday party, only team members will be joining the holiday game, but... it won't be long before we do allow just a few people into the world now and then for some early testing.  

Don't you dare ask me when, or bother hopping up and down and saying, "me, me, pick me," like some donkey from a Shrek movie.  We, like Santa, are compiliing our own list of those who are naughty or nice, and we will invite a few to early testing.  It's a double secret list, my lips are sealed, not even torture or gorgeous women could... wait, how gorgeous?  Sorry, my mind wandered... no, not even they could pry the list from my fingers!  

But eventually, we'll contact a few people to let them help us test some early features.  In your heart, you already know if it will be you.

• PellagrenPellagren Member Posts: 32

Congratulations to you and the entire team on nearing a new major milestone build!  There seems to definitely be a small, but growing, group of people who are now following this game with high hopes and anticipation. 

Happy holidays to everyone!

since i wont be able to be online for a couple weeks i say

"...merry christmas to all and to all a good night"

sorry if that offended anyone but im tired of hearing happy holidays

now go and do whatever you do on christmas day be it singing carols, opening presents or just sitting at home, i wish you all well and hope you enjoy it, whatever you do so good bye

i'll be back soon.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Ho, ho, ho.. developer log's updated.

Thanks for the heads up, Dakirn.

It was very good reading and "watching" as these steps towards a functioning MMO world are taken.

• HypermiikeHypermiike Member Posts: 21

Well I haven't posted in a while but that doesn't mean I'm not intested still .  In fact I'm more intesrested than ever.  New info about the game is like feeding my fire.  I've been reading the posts ever once and a while also I've been looking for a game to satisfy my hunger but it's really hard because you guys have me so riled up.  I've noticed Mike470 in a lot of the other forums having the same problem.  Hopefully I can find a good enough game that can satisfy my hunger until then any help is appreciated.  Right now I'm still switching between Mabinogi and Runescape. and remember I got an eys on you.

Heh, thanks Noobzor, and enjoy your net-free vacation!

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Thanks for the update Jatar, it's nice to know that everyone at MMO Magic is still hard at work.  I hope everyone had a great time at your holiday party, sounds like a good time.

Hehe, speaking of beta emails, I think I sent mine in around 8 months ago; in fact I think it was in one of the first threads in this forum.  I was filled with questions during that time.

Best of luck to you and  the team, and happy holidays.

Happy Holidays to all.  

May all your wishes come true.  My wish is to see all of you in Citadel of Sorcery soon.

Jatar

I hope you all had a great vacation.

Are we going to get to see the Christmas party pics?

OK, I'll have the web guys post a couple on the www.citadelofsorcery.com web site later tonight.  

There is one group shot with about eight or nine of us that shows some of the new characters.   There is a verduren female and a couple gargoyles as well as some humans in that shot.

And... an xmas tree :)  We shot it in front of the Spirit League building.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Tasty

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Dakirn

Tasty

Indeed, screenshot looks great

Nice Christmas Tree! 

Thanks.  The xmas trees were just a quick add in for the party (obviously), as were other decorations around Tier 1.  Much fun was had by all during the scavenger hunt around the city.  A few of the player races were added in right before the party (first time more than humans were seen).  Basically, just the Gargoyles and Verduren races.  The Waerians, Jenmos and Tyven are still being modeled, though we finally settled on the look of the Jenemos recently and got the concept art approved.  Ony the Tyven are still in concept stage now.

We'll add some new art to the web site soon so you can see some of the new race concepts.  Meanwhile, there has been a LOT of progress on the game recently.  We'll be posting  in the devlog on the web site around the end of the month to give everyone the heads up on progress as well as a new crop of screenshots.

that was an amazing tree. how long did it take you to make it?

and if you dont mind please GET BUSY, ME RABBID GAMER ON LOOSE 

haha

seriusly though i am rabbid and i am hunge(ry)...cookie.