Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whopervirgins

billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

whopper virgins campaign

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Wish i was a Whoper Virgin

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

God... this is so stupid and offensive in so many ways I won't even bother.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I like a whopper when I am eating it, but soon afterwards I usually get a strong urge to vomit. I'm not into mayo.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed watching it? I thought it was interesting... but I like cultural exchanges like that.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Not a Whopper fan...

I can't remember the last time I've had one.  Burger King is sparse here now, so sparse that I don't really see them any more.  Every time I ate one I had the urge to hit the can about 15 minutes later.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

This is so disgusting and offensive in so many ways.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I don't know why people say this is 'disgusting and offensive'.

How can someone be offended by it?  I can understand not liking fast food.. But I thought it was really cool.  They went to countries where people hadn't been affected by marketing, and had never experienced their food.  Not only that, but these people had never experienced a -burger- period.  They introduced them to something new.  They shared cultures while they were there.  They fixed their food for the villagers, and then the villagers let them try their food too.

How is that offensive? They didn't demean anyone.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Damn, people these days gets offended over the stupidest thing. My God, the civilized world is turning into a bunch of *******.

Geminy Christmas guys and girls, grow some hair on your chests for Pete's sake. Nothing but sniveling babies.

/rant off

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994
    Originally posted by IareEatBOAT

Totally disgusted! Damn filthy Americans trying to corrupt the world.

Ah yes another "Americans are filthy" post.  Maybe I will go try Swedish food tonight and write a post about you damn filthy Swedes.  After all, I am just trying another culture's food, that gives me the right to call then filthy doesnt it?

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

tbh i dont like burger king, but how the people went out and did this survey i was glad to see they were unbiased and very respectful to the people they encountered. Dunno how anybody can be offended, Engima said what i would to the people who did get offended.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Waterlily

This is so disgusting and offensive in so many ways.

Please, name one.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by Enigma

Damn, people these days gets offended over the stupidest thing. My God, the civilized world is turning into a bunch of *******.
    Geminy Christmas guys and girls, grow some hair on your chests for Pete's sake. Nothing but sniveling babies.

/rant off

QFE

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317
    Originally posted by Sheista

I don't know why people say this is 'disgusting and offensive'.
    How can someone be offended by it?  I can understand not liking fast food.. But I thought it was really cool.  They went to countries where people hadn't been affected by marketing, and had never experienced their food.  Not only that, but these people had never experienced a -burger- period.  They introduced them to something new.  They shared cultures while they were there.  They fixed their food for the villagers, and then the villagers let them try their food too.
    How is that offensive? They didn't demean anyone.

Everything is offensive.  I am highly offended by the post I am currently typing

member of imminst.org

Originally posted by n25philly

Everything is offensive.  I am highly offended by the post I am currently typing

ha, nice

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

/rant off

Maybe suggesting girls grow hair on their chest isn't such a hot idea...

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

/rant off

I have to agree with this, all these people getting offended of every little thing is why this world is so screwed up, pretty soon people will start being appalled that someone told them hi..oh wait that already happens.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by streea

/rant off

i have to agree with this post too >.>

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by streea

/rant off

LOL there are so many ways you could go with that....I'll just say nice one!

heh, well....maybe not the girls......well....nm lol

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

/rant off

McDonalds fanbois no doubt who want to make J get rid of their ads ;)

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Interesting how nobody has explained why they are offended by this yet.  Oh, I know.. because there isn't a good reason.

Interesting how nobody has explained why they are offended by this yet.  Oh, I know.. because there isn't a good reason.

There is a good reason.

If you would like to go through clicking each of the persons who found this offending then you might come up with the reason yourself.

Partly, it has to do with tradition and how we feel about the use of food and how you treat and present foods, especially around people who are less blessed than you, like people in the video.

If you want to understand why people find this offending you will, if you just 'lol' at people's feelings, you will not.

That didn't explain a single thing as to why anyone would be offended,  but thanks for playing.

That didn't explain a single thing as to why anyone would be offended,  but thanks for playing.

Well, I would have hoped it wasn't too hard. I will try to explain.

American views on what food represents are very different to European's.

We do not see food as commodity, we see it as a privilege. Any privilege should be honered and treated with respect, this includes foods of any kind.

Bringing foods to another country just for taste testing would not go down very well here, this commercial would probably been taken of the air here.

You are expected to treat food with a certain respect and are to be respectfull around people who lack foods or who are not privileged enough to choose the foods you can or are not able to afford them. This commercial directly violates said feelings which are cultural in nature.

This discussion has been closed.