Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What SOE needs to do with SWG

Oh, I am goin to be hated for this... lol

The best solution for SOE.

1. Shut down all servers.
2. Lie to the public and tell them there was a MASSIVE crash.
3. Go in and delete all the Jedi.
4. Start up the servers and declare that since this horrible incident has taken place already, they are willing to give everyone who had a Jedi a badge for their hard work.
5. Change the entire Jedi system back to the way it was stated before release. There should only be 1 Jedi per 3k characters at most.
6. Allow that one Jedi to be uber... as it should be.
7. Make it permadeath, bring in the whole ghosty ordeal.
8. Once the one dies, another takes his/her place.
9. Innactivity in game (say the person doesnt play for 3-4 wks) equals loss of the force, however you still have slightly better reflexes then the average player.
10. Can all the hatemail, and whiner posts that insue.
11. Recieve thanks from all the players who believed in the game.

muahaha..... never will happen, but one can hope::::40::

Comments

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

i beleive hating players for ideas is wasted emotions, but i would add

as vendors /player crafters leave, re do loot tables to allow players to find  items in the realm of the game, through quests and or mobs random

and or allow already inventoried items to acatuly be repairalbe not the roll dice you lose item is junked

since nada is lifted on jtls don't have the game micro managed to the inth degree, allow some get up and go for ships truely make it a different aspect of the same not mass mining for ship parts and wow its a great cake for given crafters tons more to make and do in the game

fast pasced space battles yea right, oh i need to find this part that part and the prices to equip well this is player run economy so it will be outragous for a while

have everything the ship needs be lootable even if lower quality then a crafter would make

like daoc with smith ,that can repair for a fee ,bring that over to here and make it simple not complicated

finding needed items from near empty vendors for days is  a issue

dedicate time to a known issue page, and acatuly fix the problems

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

/disagree

Content is what SWG is lacking, it need a shed load.

Otherwise people get bored and start doing the Jedi quests, hence why there are so many of them.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

My first though is to say that most people who want something to be rare say so because, in their minds, they are one of the few who should be allowed it and want to be better/more uber than everyone else........... Only you of course know if this actually applies to you (or if you are one of the truely rare players that is prepared to acccept 'normality' for the sake of [hopefully] better/more balance/realistic gameplay)

My second thought is that its far to late to repair the 'damage' already done (the best they could do would be to open a 'Jedi-less' Server) - at the end of the day powergamers/grinders will still go to all the lengths necessary to achieve their goals (and to be fair the new Jedi system is just as much a grind as the old one - its just more obvious what you need to grind to get there)

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by 5150
    (the best they could do would be to open a 'Jedi-less' Server)

OMG, now there is one of the best, simple ideas... I have heard yet!

I would play on a Jedi-less server.... (well, I would if SOE wasnt so screwed up with everything else they've done lol)

And to the above poster who claims that the only people who dont want Jedi are secretly the one who want to be a Jedi and be uber... your about clueless. There were a ton of peeps that hated the whole aspect of being a Jedi... I am one of them.

PS... How can someone be so correct, yet so wrong in the same post. At least ya got one outta two right..lol

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I don't like the idea of Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies.  I hated it from the start and tried to tolerate it.  Now that there are many Jedi around, I cancelled my account and don't plan to return.

This is not the only reason why I quit SWG, however.  There is a lack of content, for sure.  There are plenty of things for roleplayers to do up to a point, but there is simply very little for powergamers to do and that is where a lot of the complaining is coming from, I think.  I still can log in and have a good time with my PA just hanging around, but if I was a powergamer or even just a curious explorer, I would lose my patience pretty quick.

I server with NO Jedi would be great, if I were to come back, that would be the server I would go to.

Hopefully in the future for SWG, there will be more content and less Jedi . . .

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

1. Shut down all servers.
    As if that didn't happen often enough already. image

2. Lie to the public and tell them there was a MASSIVE crash.
    They always lie when they shut down their servers, they never want to say the truth because they know it will cause an uproar.

3. Go in and delete all the Jedi.
    Yeah why not.  I mean so they delete all the Jedi, all the exiting Jedi stop playing.  The Jedi population represents not even 5% of the whole community... does it REALLY MATTER if we lose 5% of that community?  Hell no!!!  I say kill'em all!

4. Start up the servers and declare that since this horrible incident has taken place already, they are willing to give everyone who had a Jedi a badge for their hard work.
    Yeah that's the type of excuse SOE would definatly give to the people. lol

5. Change the entire Jedi system back to the way it was stated before release. There should only be 1 Jedi per 3k characters at most.
    No, cause then that 1 Jedi per 3k characters will be showing off like crazy, act really dumb and just piss off the community.  It's either make us all Jedi, or no Jedi at all.  SOE can't seem to handle it, so might as well get rid of it.

6. Allow that one Jedi to be uber... as it should be.
    Same as above.

7. Make it permadeath, bring in the whole ghosty ordeal.
    Yeah!!!  It will allow Bounty Hunters to keep their high-paying missions + Jedi will stop showing off like morons in high populated areas.

8. Once the one dies, another takes his/her place.
    Hehe sure why not, again the Jedi represent 5% or less of the community, if that 1 person dies, loses his Jedi and it's someone else's turn... who cares if he cancels his account.  That's gonna be 1 person cancelling per month compared to hundreds!!!!

9. Innactivity in game (say the person doesnt play for 3-4 wks) equals loss of the force, however you still have slightly better reflexes then the average player.
    That would not be fair really, if the Jedi is uber, but he goes on vacation he loses his Jedi?  Nah... if he never wants to log again, no one becomes Jedi until he dies. lol!!!!!!!

10. Can all the hatemail, and whiner posts that insue.
    Best is to send an email that starts seriously then the last few lines at the bottom are hate mails and insults.  or else SOE will not read your email and delete it.  I gave a bit of anger towards them after I cancelled my 3 SWG accounts.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

lol Johnark...

Good points, every one.

SOE reactivated my account without my consent a couple days ago. I had canceled before, but I had that 3 month subscription goin... so they charged me another three months and Im having it out with the SOE reps.

I say screw it, log in.. Im Imp so I was on Dant when I last played... I look around, nothing seems changed so far. (havnt played in 3 months mind ya). So I head over to the starport, go to Coronet. Upon loading up I walk aroun a bit looking at how little everyones avatars has changed, then I hear a glow stick. So I pan my camera around and there is a rebel jedi standing near a imp tkm thats loading in... the rebel waits for the imp to finish loading then walks up and one shots him.

Mind you, Im not even in game for 10 mins before I see this.

I decide to run a mission to see if much is changed there. Take two to the NW. First one goes off with no hitch. The second one, I kill all the agro, and the lair is half dead and DISAPEARS!!! OMFG! This same bug was in beta, its been retail the whole damned time and they STILL HAVNT fixed it!!!!!

I chuckle to myself about the time I just wasted looking at this bs soe product, and wonder what the hell I was thinking, trying to convince myself to buy JtL and give SOE another chance.

Now back to arguing with the customer reps about them charging a canceled account...::::26::