Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I start playing...

2»

Comments

• scott21493scott21493 Member Posts: 61

Chose Bismarck for the server because of ole' Grimey over there.  Picked a Hume warrior to start out with.  At least I know I can always change jobs.  About to start playing.  Those updates took forever.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Speaking of rough accomplishments.. I recently  finally got to wipe for the first time on Divine Might lol. 18 of us dropped in barely 2 minutes XD.
    If you want to know what Divine Might is... Click Here for info on it :). It's basically a notoriously difficult mission-related fight to complete.

HA! This was my accomplishment. I finally passed that damn thing and got my earring.  I probably told you already, not sure.

@OP ;What is your character name?  I'm free atm if you get this soon i can come visit ya.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

Character's name is Riren.  Haven't heard one person yet.  I'm in the Hume city, which I can't remember the name now...

So far things have been good, other than the lack of people saying things.

• tebiantebian Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by kakari
    I restarted two days ago.
    I am currently level 15 red-mage now, and I had to solo most of time. I did find a few English players who refused to form a party. Japanese players, however, were willing to party. Communication wasn't great though.
    In short, there are barely anyone in low-level area. You are pretty much on your own.
    Good luck.

Welcome back to FFXI but that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. FFXI is notoriously full of Japanese players who have refused to play with English speaking gamers since day one. Most will tell you right to you face "Japanese only" ...

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by tebian

I am currently level 15 red-mage now, and I had to solo most of time. I did find a few English players who refused to form a party. Japanese players, however, were willing to party. Communication wasn't great though.

In short, there are barely anyone in low-level area. You are pretty much on your own.

Good luck.

Welcome back to FFXI but that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. FFXI is notoriously full of Japanese players who have refused to play with English speaking gamers since day one. Most will tell you right to you face "Japanese only" ...

To provide another side... I've had numerous parties where I was the only non-Japanese player in it, and they were fine. Most of those parties went for 3+ hours and I went up at least 2-3 levels in them. Overall, they were very courteous and friendly and we each tried our best to communicate so it wasn't like this wall of silence the whole time.

I think the picture forming here is that no one person's experience can be taken to represent how it is for everyone.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

Speaking of rough accomplishments.. I recently  finally got to wipe for the first time on Divine Might lol. 18 of us dropped in barely 2 minutes XD.
    If you want to know what Divine Might is... Click Here for info on it :). It's basically a notoriously difficult mission-related fight to complete.

HA! This was my accomplishment. I finally passed that damn thing and got my earring.  I probably told you already, not sure.

@OP ;What is your character name?  I'm free atm if you get this soon i can come visit ya.

Nice :)

How many attempts did it take you?

I wonder, does anyone actually just do the 6-person version of it?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

Nice :)

How many attempts did it take you?

I wonder, does anyone actually just do the 6-person version of it?

Was my 4th attempt, 2nd of the night.  And i doubt anyone does the 6 person version as there is absolutely 0 reason to do so except it's easier.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by tebian

Good luck.

I just came back when level sync was introduced in September after a 4+ year hiatus. Back then the Japanese were pretty exclusive, which was understandable as they had a whole year of playtime over NA players. Now however, I party with JP players on a consistent basis.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• icyredicyred Member Posts: 138

Ya i remember when it first came out in NA... the japenese players hated the fact that they had too share the world with us. Here they are... level 50+ ppl that barely speak english or dont speak english  running around and stupid NA level 1 players asking there help too find an item that a level 2 player could kill lol. or a level 25 NA player trying too find a party too level and only parties were Japanese players and as soon as they saw that the person was NA they wouldnt answer or answer "No Thank You" with there english translator lol... Only the fast leveling smart NA players that proved themselfs with the japenese players were getting the help or got into parties... and wow those parties rocked... the chains they would do ect... it was fun. i was one of the lucky ones too get too party with them all the time ect... since i had proven myself a good player as a Ninja.. but Wow did they hate NA players and how noob or stupid we were lol...

So, my play time so far is over one day and I still don't have a job to 18 so I can do the subjob quest.  I may just be slow and it may be because I've been trying every job but whew its taking a while.

Did some quests, my fame is at the 2nd rank now.  I'm proud of myself for that.  Also on mission 2-3.

I can't believe all the stuff I can do even at low levels though.  I mean in WoW or any game like that its all about leveling and doing quests to level and so on and so on.  This is just great.  Also people have been really helpful, especially Frank Grimes.  I've talked to a few random people though who saw I was new and asked if I needed help with anything and if I was getting along alright.  A random japanese player also gave me rabbit meat.

Anyway, I'm enjoying myself.  Tomorrow I go to the dunes and try to party so I can get a subjob.

• vvistovvvvistovv Member Posts: 88

Got the game for pc a while back just to try it out.  i really enjoyed the graphics and the world but damn did i fall asleep so many times.  this is an oldschool hardcore grindcore game.  i can only kill so many rabbits... yesh its a grind game.  might be fun if u had a buddy to tag along with, but you will still be killing rabbits for at least 20-25lvls.  probly more, i didnt play anymore after that