Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EXP leeching?

repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

Last night i joined a party and started exp leeching like a mofo. Literally i just sat down and leeched party member exps. now IM wnderindering what is the disadvantage of exp leeching aside from not being able to get loots? is it really THAT EASY to level up in this game? Im hoping theres a catch.

Comments

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

haha i dont care about the disadvantage, as long as i level up while sitting hahah.. i think its a a good feature of this game, haha as it promotes good community of gamers right?

• kikomanokikomano Member Posts: 19

its not that easy as you think.. when you get to a higher level like 70+ even when the leeched exp u receive gets higher.. it will be not as fast as before.. 

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

leeching in atlantica isn't really that simple. honestly, i am not a fan of leeching. i love experiencing the battles myself. its like i am actually the one who is fighting with the monsters. kill em all! die you blood suckers!

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96

do you realy think this exp party is a great thing? @_@... this is only nice for my new mercs, im 89 now in argos (i don't log in have 7 days...)

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I wouldn't call it leeching, since your partymates still get the bonus exp, so it doesn't hurt anyone.  Probably the only disadvantage is you're not getting any of the bonus exp you could be getting for you fighting.  I have gone to bed several times and my guildmates will let me leech all night  and I do the same for them   Once we were in a party for over 8 days, with the others leeching, and myself leeching during sleep/work, one of the best features of Atlantica Online, there is no disadvantages when partying

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

ALso dont forget that your party mates can see the information as to who is contributing what for the party XP.....You might think youre getting away with not doing anything but they can see that you have not contributed anything....... Whats odd is tha I grouped iwth a higher level (33 levels higher) one time and I fought almost non stop......After about an hour he commented "how come youre not fighting".....I told him I was fighting pretty muich non stop as I had quests where I needed to kill alot of mobs......He said then that he had only killed a few mobs but it showed his contribution as way greater than mine.......I told him I was sorry mine was low and I left the group....Later I joined with someone about the same level and our contributions were abotu the same.

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

even if the loot is set on random, you don't get them when you're just leeching?

i also like the party system they have in atlantica mainly because it's more commensalist than competitive (woah biology).

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Theocritus

ALso dont forget that your party mates can see the information as to who is contributing what for the party XP.....You might think youre getting away with not doing anything but they can see that you have not contributed anything....... Whats odd is tha I grouped iwth a higher level (33 levels higher) one time and I fought almost non stop......After about an hour he commented "how come youre not fighting".....I told him I was fighting pretty muich non stop as I had quests where I needed to kill alot of mobs......He said then that he had only killed a few mobs but it showed his contribution as way greater than mine.......I told him I was sorry mine was low and I left the group....Later I joined with someone about the same level and our contributions were abotu the same.

oh really? so that's why... ive been partying with players who has lower levels than i do and i also see that they are contributing way much lesser than i do. so that's why. thanks theocritus for the info! peace!

The contribution rating you see in the party window is based soley on that players expierence his mercenaries would have gathered if they were solo, compared to the total exp gathered by the entire party.  If someone is fighting higher level monsters, they will get more exp thus get more contribution rating.  Also as I said before,  there is no downside when someone leeches exp from far away.  The only downside at all when partying, when actually fighting together (not ldp (long distance party)), is normal drops are split up among the participants of the battle.  All quest items picked up will go to all members of the battle at the time they are picked up, if they are on the quest.  Basically if you're farming for crafting materials/crystals/things to sell, you will see a small drop in the total since it will be split 2 or 3 ways with your party mates, unless the loot type is not on random.  There is absolutely no downside for ldp though, and most people do this, since you get the bonus exp, and exp books

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by impakto

haha i dont care about the disadvantage, as long as i level up while sitting hahah.. i think its a a good feature of this game, haha as it promotes good community of gamers right?

Can you tell me a MMO where it gets quicker?

• shadow_51shadow_51 Member Posts: 35

I noticed that when you fighting together (not ldp), some rare drops rate are boost.

Originally posted by shadow_51

I noticed that when you fighting together (not ldp), some rare drops rate are boost.

Yes, the exp and drops are boosted, but overall if you fight together you will get about 20%ish less drops.  Although you do get more money per fight, so it's kind of even.