Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth resubscribing for a few months?

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

Left Conan in August when everyone I played with abandoned the game. I was fed up with alot of stuff but when all my guild left in one weekend enough was enough. Played war for 2 mnths in the meantime and let me sub run out. Not sure want i want to play now. Was considering Lich King or aoc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

lich king this is for young little girl... this is a good reason?

• PabswikkPabswikk Member Posts: 108

I just started playing again. I'm enjoying myself, but remember there aren't many players left and there is still more work to be done on the game.

If you keep that in mind, and it doesn't faze you, by all means resub. It's definitely much better than in August, and it will only get better.

Just remember Funcom is Norweigan, and you can't trust Norweigans.

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

lol dodgy guys indeed. hmm not sure if i would be happy running around on an empty server..

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Pabswikk

Just remember Funcom is Norweigan, and you can't trust Norweigans.

Who do you think puts that Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square each year for the past 62 years? There is a bit of history behind that too and reason why :)

From day one I did my homework picked a server out and to date it has had decent population everytime I log in. Server merges happening over the next few weeks will hopefully make better population on some servers.

Things will be a lot better in terms of population within the next month and with a bevy of juicy updates coming anyone who found fun in game in the first place and looks to a revisit will find a better quality product now.

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

would you recommend waiting a few weeks, I'll probably be busy as in the next few weeks anyhoo, fair bit on with christmas around the corner.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Deadlobster

would you recommend waiting a few weeks, I'll probably be busy as in the next few weeks anyhoo, fair bit on with christmas around the corner.

Well you sound like a busy fella, there is no rush imo. Game will still be there in the new year and the monster patch will hit prob end of Jan first couple weeks Feb. Wait it out and see, when the patch hits the test server very shortly there will be lots of interest, media and impressions. I'll be dping a before and after dx10 video when I have time too.

• TransporterTransporter Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Originally posted by Deadlobster

Well you sound like a busy fella, there is no rush imo. Game will still be there in the new year and the monster patch will hit prob end of Jan first couple weeks Feb. Wait it out and see, when the patch hits the test server very shortly there will be lots of interest, media and impressions. I'll be dping a before and after dx10 video when I have time too.

Even though you are right, I think you are being a bit overly diplomatic when you say wait it out to DX10 is out. My god, if this game need something, the last thing it need is to enhance the top of the line DX9 already in place. With the last content updates and rock solid performance, I would not hessitate to welcome any on the old gamers that left mid summer, RIGHT NOW. AoC has changed so much that there is no doubt about that resubbing people definitely will be surprised in a positive way. And Ymirs pass alone are going to keep them busy for at least 2-3 weeks. It's a huge area.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405

(OP)

Yes, i definitely recommend you to resub AOC.

Its really cool and fun, it has improved ALOT.

And now with the server merges and the new massive patch this game will Rock !

And yes Lich King is for small girls.

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• ScaredgirlScaredgirl Member Posts: 313

@OP

Give Funcom more time to fix AoC.

Lich King is working and has tons of people playing it. You should definitely choose that one.

Come back to AoC is 6 months and I'm sure you'll see a big difference. State of the game at the moment is not that good, trust me.

-----------------------------
    Originally posted by Frobner
    "Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Scaredgirl

@OP
    Give Funcom more time to fix AoC.
    Lich King is working and has tons of people playing it. You should definitely choose that one.
    Come back to AoC is 6 months and I'm sure you'll see a big difference. State of the game at the moment is not that good, trust me.

Yes trust the ones who do nothing but smacktalk AoC and Funcom, clearly you have an unbiased opinion in those people. :P

Aoc 's current state is not bad, still has some work to be done. But it is miles better then what was at launch. The funny thing according to forums is that people who come backs seems to actually enjoy the changes that has been done too. Sure endgame still is lacking some, but raid encounters have gotten more challenging, and with the next patch they start to add more endgame content so things is going the right way.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• ScaredgirlScaredgirl Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by Crashloop

Aoc 's current state is not bad, still has some work to be done. But it is miles better then what was at launch. The funny thing according to forums is that people who come backs seems to actually enjoy the changes that has been done too. Sure endgame still is lacking some, but raid encounters have gotten more challenging, and with the next patch they start to add more endgame content so things is going the right way.

Lol, that was the understatement of the year

There is no meaningful endgame in AoC at the moment. What they have is a JOKE and everyone who has been to levell 80 knows it.

-----------------------------
    Originally posted by Frobner
    "Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Scaredgirl

Originally posted by Crashloop

Lol, that was the understatement of the year

There is no meaningful endgame in AoC at the moment. What they have is a JOKE and everyone who has been to levell 80 knows it.

Meaningful is a word that is defined from personal observations. and what's meaningful for you doesn't reflect what's meaningful for others. ;)

Raid encounters are being tweaked, sure the items isn't that much of an improvement so some people can't be arsed because they don't want to farm items for the look or they want their items to make them imba.  This is not how items works in AoC atm, the guild I'm in are doing 3 raids a week, meaningful or not we do it as long as we have people and we have fun. Given some time their raiding content can quite possibly end up being very nice, WoW was  far from perfect at launch with their raid content, but today they are seen as one of the best game when it comes to raid content. And some of the instances that AoC has added so far has boss encounters that I find more fun and challenging then many of the WoW's bosses. Next patch will give people a reason to PvP with player drops introduced so I guess you will see lots more people pvping to be able to build the battlekeep.

If you expect a game with awesoem raid content, then don't join new releases wait atleast 9-12 months, first 6 months of an MMO is usually to iron out bugs/issues, then they add new stuff.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom