Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evil is on the Movie

verdantrexverdantrex Member UncommonPosts: 100

"Evil is on the Movie"

That's what the Atlantica Online ads on MMORPG.com proudly proclaim !

That makes no sense, so I have to presume that they meant to say "Evil is on the MOVE", but not understanding English very well... they messed up, and messed up so badly that it got all the way through the ad-buying process without anyone catching it.

I had been mildly intrigued by this game, but if they are so inept as to allow such a huge grammar mistake get out as a paid advert, I can't imagine how many mistakes must be in the game that would bother me.

Comments

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

where is this? i can't say i've seen it. i can be too nonchalant sometimes. lol.

well tbh, the game does have a few bugs here and there but then, some mmo's do too. so don't let this ruin your shot at having a great time.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I think i've seen this ad, but I didn't even notice the mistake.  I thought it said evil is on the move lol.  As for grammar errors and such, WoW still fixes errors like that in alot of their patches.  I used to send gm reports when I found such errors.  I never saw anything in the patch notes about them fixing it, but I notice after a big patch, alot of the things I pointed out did get fixed lol. Hiding it under the carpet are they!

• verdantrexverdantrex Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I think i've seen this ad, but I didn't even notice the mistake.  I thought it said evil is on the move lol.  As for grammar errors and such, WoW still fixes errors like that in alot of their patches.  I used to send gm reports when I found such errors.  I never saw anything in the patch notes about them fixing it, but I notice after a big patch, alot of the things I pointed out did get fixed lol. Hiding it under the carpet are they!

After I posted this, I saw a longer ad (the ones running on the right side) that actually do say "move", the ads with "movie" that I'm talking about are the smaller ones that run on other types of pages here. 

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

I got a good laugh out of that ad too. Surprisingly enough, I haven't noticed any spelling errors or translation issues in the game itself (up to level 46). Some of the help pages in the game are incomplete or contain innacurate information though. For a free to play MMO, this one seems pretty polished.

If you watch the game trailer they have, it show (what I think is) King Kufu.  He's pretty evil, so I guess Evil is on the Movie.  Yeah I know, I'm a smart arse

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

The trailer is pretty amazing, youll see the freezing axe skill is everywhere!!! the light slash are ecoming!!! hhehe i hope they ca generate short movies that has same quality with the trailer!!!

yeah, that would be pretty neat to have ingame cgi movies like that when you enter a boss fight or something that's important

• shurishuri Member Posts: 10

yes that would be cool.. when you finish a story or fight a boss on the game.. a cgi would be great like in FFX on PS2, and Crisis Core on PSP, full of cgi's that really is entertaining.. for example after defeating Dracula, a cgi showing you and your mercs in a fight scene with Dracula and finishes him would be nice

Originally posted by shuri

yes that would be cool.. when you finish a story or fight a boss on the game.. a cgi would be great like in FFX on PS2, and Crisis Core on PSP, full of cgi's that really is entertaining.. for example after defeating Dracula, a cgi showing you and your mercs in a fight scene with Dracula and finishes him would be nice

yeah, and you drive a stake through his heart

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by verdantrex

"Evil is on the Movie"
    That's what the Atlantica Online ads on MMORPG.com proudly proclaim !
    That makes no sense, so I have to presume that they meant to say "Evil is on the MOVE", but not understanding English very well... they messed up, and messed up so badly that it got all the way through the ad-buying process without anyone catching it.
    I had been mildly intrigued by this game, but if they are so inept as to allow such a huge grammar mistake get out as a paid advert, I can't imagine how many mistakes must be in the game that would bother me.

maybe what they really meant was, EVIL is in the movies whereas you should play online games rather than watch movies! lol! i am playing atlantica for quite sometime now and i am really enjoying it so far. before you cast your doubts on the game, maybe you should also be open on trying it. it is really good. it offers a lot more than you thiink. try it and you'll see!

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Hey I think they fixed it. It doesn't say Evil is on the Movie anymore.

• froumancefroumance Member Posts: 1

i think they changed this typo already. i haven't even seen it yet. lol.

but are they really coming up with a movie?

• UsedManateeUsedManatee Member Posts: 161

I noticed this flashing by on the smaller ads the other day, but it seemed to have been repaired within about 5 hours of my seeing it.  I also had the "good grief" gut reaction.  I had tried the beta, and was not all that impressed - the ad copy sealed my decision to just delete it.

Interestingly though, I thought I was the only person that saw it (or cared) and I found this tonight via googling "evil is on the movie" :) ... I think it should be a new worn-out meme to join the other worn-out memes.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub