Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to start playing ffxi

grinderygrindery Member UncommonPosts: 36

Im looking to start playing ffxi and was wondering, does this game still have a free trial for it? I seen the advertisement on mmorpg.com a few days ago but didnt think about it. Also if it does still exist is there anyone that can give me a link to get it started?

Thanks.

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Heyo :)

Here's a link to the download..

FFXI Trial

It's through File Planet so you might have to create an account (it's free) to download it.

Enjoy :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• AgentsAreGoAgentsAreGo Member Posts: 34

I believe there's a separate trial for the US and EU versions, so make sure you get the right one. Also, if you can, start downloading during an off-peak time, because fileplanet queues can get nasty.

• grinderygrindery Member UncommonPosts: 36

Thanks for the information guys. I signed up and requested a trial key be sent to my email, but it will not send me one. So I guess they are done with that trial. Its been almost 2 days since I requested the key and one has not been sent. Oh well. Thanks for the help anyways.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by grindery

Thanks for the information guys. I signed up and requested a trial key be sent to my email, but it will not send me one. So I guess they are done with that trial. Its been almost 2 days since I requested the key and one has not been sent. Oh well. Thanks for the help anyways.

I've not heard anything about them cancelling the trial.  Check your spam folder and make sure it didn't go in there.  If still nothing, request another one or for it to resend.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

I've not heard anything about them cancelling the trial.  Check your spam folder and make sure it didn't go in there.  If still nothing, request another one or for it to resend.

If nothing else.. it's not at all beyond the bounds of possibility that Suply ate it.

>.>

Seriously, though... Yeah I agree.. the spam folder is a good possibility. Or, maybe try a different email address if you have one?

Either way, good luck and hope to see ya in Vana'diel (even if I don't personally >.>)

P.S. Always keep your mail away from Suply.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

I have heard someone else here say it took longer than expected to get their code. Someone for you to search for, I can't rememebr the outcome.

Also, if you wanted to pick up the game it is $30 for the original game and 4 expansions and a 30 day free trial. Reguardless of if you continue to play or not $30 for all that is a good deal.

Actually I tried using a different email account like suggested. Right away they sent me code so I guess they have a problem with yahoo (I had the spamguard filter turned off too). Anyways I got it all installed and im updating. To my surprise the client download is the very first client they released in NA and apparently it does not have any access to expansion packs. So im stuck downloading over 20k files to update the game they say its gonna take almost 10 hours so wont be playing it today. I guess im going to occupy my time by playing the Icewind Dale series and I'll start playing ff11 tomorrow.

The free trial account starts with 3 content ID's so Im going to create 3 characters on different servers to get a feel for the servers and I will probably choose the server with the more balanced population. So if any of you have suggestions for servers please list them and your names so I can have some social aspect upon entering the game.

I was also reading up on the december update, the fields of valor or battle or whatever seem to be really cool and I noticed some of them where in early level zones too, does that mean low levels will be able to participate in them too?

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

play on ausra!!!!!!

Actually I tried using a different email account like suggested. Right away they sent me code so I guess they have a problem with yahoo (I had the spamguard filter turned off too). Anyways I got it all installed and im updating. To my surprise the client download is the very first client they released in NA and apparently it does not have any access to expansion packs. So im stuck downloading over 20k files to update the game they say its gonna take almost 10 hours so wont be playing it today. I guess im going to occupy my time by playing the Icewind Dale series and I'll start playing ff11 tomorrow.
    The free trial account starts with 3 content ID's so Im going to create 3 characters on different servers to get a feel for the servers and I will probably choose the server with the more balanced population. So if any of you have suggestions for servers please list them and your names so I can have some social aspect upon entering the game.
    I was also reading up on the december update, the fields of valor or battle or whatever seem to be really cool and I noticed some of them where in early level zones too, does that mean low levels will be able to participate in them too?

Honestly, you will have issues getting a feel for the population of a server in 14 days. Let alone 3.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by xantho10

play on ausra!!!!!!

who are you on asura?

none

Well, ive been playing final fantasy 11 for 2 days now. I have reached level 14 (almost 15) and have leveled two other classes to level 11 (Red mage and war). My main class is a thief and im a Galka. Money seems to come in small doses but I have taken the time to farm and have reached about 64,000 gil. I have only been to the dunes once and found a group right off the bat but the group leader was a asshole so everyone ended up leaving. Im hoping to get more grouping experience today when I log on. I decided to play on pandemonium for my server. It constantly runs from 1200 to 1600 players and thats awesome imo. So far I'm loving the game. The very first day of playing I recieved two linkshells and for the majority of the part people seem really cool. My name is Alaith if anyone plays on pandemonium send me a tell. 

Sorry for the block of text im in a rush :).

• somnasomna Member Posts: 2

Just a thought, is it possible to sign in an old account for the free trial? I'm not too sure if my account will still be active but it's just a thought.

thanks

Originally posted by somna

Just a thought, is it possible to sign in an old account for the free trial? I'm not too sure if my account will still be active but it's just a thought.

thanks

Doubtful.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious