Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A month of Searching, and still havent found a Good PK MMORPG

2»

Comments

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Crowns of Power looks rather interesting.

I may give that a try :D

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Oltzu

A friend of mine got rather nostalgic the other day and started playing an old MMORPG that we used to play, it's called "Dransik" and has a pvp that looks alot like the one in Runescape, where you loose your items if you die.
    The graphics are really "old school" but the gameplay is awesome and the game f2p, just something to look into while waiting for Darkfall.
    http://www.dransik.com/
    http://www.pixelminegames.com/   links related
    Edit: It might be a bit old for some ppls taste, and the number of players is probably low, on the other hand it doesnt take long to install it, like 5 sec

haha sweet, nice to meet someone who played Dranisk.  I miss my tundarian!

Edit: hmm Crowns of Power does look interesting, I'm gonna at least try it out hehe

• WrathPkerWrathPker Member Posts: 26

Who else is on Crowns? anyone tried it fully yet?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I played it for about 6 hours.  It's ok, but simplistic.  There's no fancy graphics or UI.  There seems to be alot of high level players, but didn't see anyone around while I was questing in the nooby areas.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

since you said u can  buy a game, but not pay monthly pay - just go buy guildwars.

mechanics and dinamics are one of the best in mmo world.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by sazabi

since you said u can  buy a game, but not pay monthly pay - just go buy guildwars.
    mechanics and dinamics are one of the best in mmo world.

It's a good game but it's not really a pk mmo

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • VadrekVadrek Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I played it for about 6 hours.  It's ok, but simplistic.  There's no fancy graphics or UI.  There seems to be alot of high level players, but didn't see anyone around while I was questing in the nooby areas.

I agree they need to fix a lot with the UI, the graphics are fine.

I played Miridian 59 for 2 days before trying out crowns of power and then anything will look great lol

What bother me most with ui is you can't change the hotkeys for the action bar, so you have to click to spells with mouse from 7-0 and -

And where do you live? if you play eu time there is heaps of players around, pretty many for us time too, aussie time is dead lol

im loving crowns of power, if you're a fan of old style mmo like that in runescape classic, you'll like crowns of power

• siftifiedsiftified Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by dalevi1

Originally posted by WrathPker

Ok, first of all, im not much of a forum guy, but because of my recent problems finding a GOOD game, ive fallen upon this resource.
    I am a past player of Runescape Classic (quit as soon as RS2, or the Now so called Runescape came out)
    I also played Eudemons Online for a solid year.
    And after disasters in both games, i am looking for a GOOD pking MMORPG.
    Now if anyone played, or even remembers Runescape classic like i did, i would argue it was the Funnest Pking game ever.  No complicated controls, No Choppy retreats, RS classic was awesome.  Ya the graphics were terrible, but the game took what us Pkers liked to call SKILL.  There were certain ways you learned to pk that made you a good pker i.e.  catching, knowing how to manage prayer, food management, teams, pile jumping, and so on and so on.  I loved Runescape, i played it for 3 years, and i considered myself good at it.  Then when the current runescape came out, it sent all of us players who only liked to PK searching elsewhere.  I hate to grind, i hate doing pointless, timewasting quests, and i hate acting like im apart of a "game community" .  I played runescape for one reason which pretty much sums up my gaming experience.  I play solely to kill people and reap the satisfactions of that.
    And so after i left Runescape sadly, i found a random game called Eudemons Online, and for those of you who played that, you learn that yes, there is alot of pking, but unless you have a thick wallet ( which i certainly dont) you cant get to a strong enough state to pk happily unless you grind away making money for hours upon hours, which i did, and completely hated.

So now, sorry for venting slightly, but i am asking, please, PLEASE, someone tell me a good game where i can go out and Pk happily, in a balanced system which requires SKILL!!!  If someone can direct me to that kind of game, i would love you for it.  Thanks guys!

Of course the first response was darkfall, a game no one has ever played. So, why not check out a pvp server for WoW or EQ2, or get into War (yawn), or even L2 (where it will take you a year to level to anything capable of standing upi for yourself after a PK). Or get into EvE, join a corp, and skill up AFK for two years.

Yeah, right. Good luck...

Obvious PvP hater.

It's a little difficult to find a nice PvP game, especially when you're unable to pay monthly subs. Games like Asheron's Call and EvE online are the two best that I've played out of the bunch (Although the Darktide population for Asheron's Call is fairly limited these days)

If you end up finding something though, let me know and I'll come and play with you!

EDIT: Downloading 'Crows of Power' now.

The begginning of crowns of power is a slight grind, the way you gain decent items and level up fairly easily is through questing which you may end up spending a decent amount of time doing, but i travelled around a little bit and found the pvp area and it looks awesome.  Alot of the factors going into the pvp aspect have to do with spell combination.  Im still learning, but im having alot of fun playing it.

• VadrekVadrek Member Posts: 18

imo the pvp is too easy, you just have like 4-6 spells that u use mostly in a fight.

and the combos are so simple.. I like it alot more when you do team fights. u no... 2 vrs 2 or more.

Still trying to get my friends to join, if they do I can promise that most guilds will disband of fear from us :D

EDIT: I have won every duel I made in the game so far.

• kolekkolek Member Posts: 118

If you're soley in it for PvP, tey Guild Wars. It's F2P (sorta, no monthly fee) and you can create a character just for PvP. That character will start out with the max level and a few skills, you can then earn better armor and skills by winning in PvP.

• DrukstylzDrukstylz Member Posts: 189

Hi Wrathpker, I used to play RSclassic and later moved into RS. I understand where you are coming from and the type of 'pure' pking you are looking for.

I'm guessing RSclassic was your first MMO, or first experience with PKing? If so, its always hard to top your first mmo. If you keep looking for games like Runescape, you will never be satisfied. Why? because you will always compare the new game with Runescape, and only see the differences and be disappointed.

Get a good mmo, with a well built PvP system and give it a try. You will find new things that will make you enjoy pking all over again. Then you can marry your new game and make lots of pk babies.

Good luck, - live long and prosper kill lotsa noobs -

• NearGodNearGod Member Posts: 23

I just started playing Rohan: Blood Feud Online. It is a f2p game that lets you choose classes and skills and build your character how you want to. there is pk in any area except a town after level 30 which is not hard to get to and you can do crazy Town wars or Town Battles which pits 30+ people from a guild Vs. 30+ from other guilds to control the towns. Rohan is also really easy to understand if you pay attention in the tutorial which takes at the most 25-35min if your slow and new.

thank you drunkstylz, and yes you pretty much nailed it where im coming from.  Runescape Classic was all about modifying a character to exactly one preference to pk with, which is what i loved about it.  You could be a high level in full rune armor dealing massive damage, or you could be a low level ranger who could run around and pick people off, looting them while laughing at how easy that kill was especially since it took you only a solid two hours to create the character. 

I gave up on Crowns of power, way to choppy and laggy, and the game is just a constant quest grind.  Plus after exploring the pking a little bit, its just flat boring. boring spells, boring fighting. Lame.

I've been looking at Diablo III, and while i sit and drool over it, i realize it will be forever until it comes out.

Also, i tried to get back into runscape, but they wont allow me access to my old account, who i am presumably seeing it was stolen from me, noticing its stats on the highscores. 

Overall, i've pretty much given up on MMO's.  I wish i could find a fun one, but im just exhausted from searching.  Its been literally two months of searching, not exactly hardcore searching, but still, none the less, i have found nothing to satisfy my Pking needs.  I'd hate to leave the gamer world.  But im running low on Moral.  Halo can barely keep my attention anymore, which is always a terrible sign.

Somebody please save this gamer who loves to PK from retiring

• einexileeinexile Member UncommonPosts: 197

Crowns of Power is alright. It ran fine for me, but this was a couple months ago. I think I'll give it another try. I was disappointed to learn that they took the consensual PVP bait. Lacking an ingame map or radar was a nice touch - not something I'd tolerate in more than one game, but a fun gimmick that allowed me to actually get lost and made the areas feel much bigger than they really are.

I disagree with those who say Shadowbane is hard to get into, but you'll find it difficult to meet other players and I recommend starting with a friend, or even just organizing to play with a couple of near-strangers so you have someone to talk to. As for actually playing, though: You'll need to promise yourself a good half hour just to mess with the settings so that it controls like a modern click-to-move game. After some changes and familiarizing it has a very comfortable control scheme.

Leveling goes fast, and though you'll get killed a lot you shouldn't have much trouble soloing the first 50 levels or so. After that you'll start having to compete for camps and will need to join a nation or else be very crafty and very frightened. I don't know the other classes well, but I can tell you that as a wizard I've escaped losing situations many times by rooting my attackers and warping out. (I've also been one-shot by people I didn't even know were there more times than I can count.)

The best thing about Shadowbane is there's no pretense at any traditional RPG fare. No quests, no story (cool backstory though)... It's essentially SubSpace or Urban Dead in an MMO skin. There is nothing to do but farm and get murdered and then hopefully punish your killer someday by helping burn his city down.

That's the main reason Shadowbane survives, by the way. It's still the only 3D game with decent guild fights and anything at stake except for...

...I'm going to say it...

...Eve Online.

If you want high stakes, epic tears, ransom, blackmail, piracy, literally thousands of dollars worth of epeen destroyed forever in one battle, and honest to god sick-to-your-stomach terror - there's your final answer.

einexile the meek
    Vacuos, Winterlong, Vaciante, Eicosapenta
    Atlantean, Tyranny, Malton

• killabozzkillabozz Member UncommonPosts: 58

I would recommend Tibia, it is an awesome game to play once you get some friends in it. If you want you can try a PvP Enforced server but they are extremely brutal, unfortunately an issue for me with the game is that the community seems to have taken a nose dive in the last few years otherwise I would still be playing

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

You should try Runes of Magic, Open beta starts in a week, I cant say to much b/c im in closed beta but i can say that their is open PvP but not until a certain lvl to avoid low lvl ganking.

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

Vendetta Online has an intense and skillful pvp system that is twitch based. You have to be skilled to be the best but it is riddiculously fun fighting tons of other people in various nation wars, border skirmishes, fighting pirates, pirating, or just practicing your skills. Definitely check it out

http://www.vendetta-online.com/

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

i will check it out now

Edit* nvm, its just like eve...

plus they want to give you a trial of only 8 hours= waste