Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A tale in the desert Open Beta

BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Today at 2:00PM EST A tale in the desert, tale 4 will start open beta.

A Tale in the Desert is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game set in ancient Egypt. You can get a taste of life in our Tale by exploring the site or downloading the game client for free. After you've played 24 hours, we'll ask if you'd like to subscribe for $13.95 per month.

The beta will last 1 week.

http://atitd.com/dl/files/atitd3_trailer_mq.mpeg

Hope you all enjoy!

http://wiki.atitd.net/tale3/T4B/Home

Comments

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I'm confused. Are you offering a 24 hour trial within a week long beta? Or offering a week trial within the beta that will ask if you think you might want to play after 24 hours? Or....???

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Originally posted by daelnor
    I'm confused. Are you offering a 24 hour trial within a week long beta? Or offering a week trial within the beta that will ask if you think you might want to play after 24 hours? Or....???

And this ladies and gentleman is why people should read their comments before hitting the post button!

• raizzeenraizzeen Member Posts: 185

the beta is for 1 week during that week you can register and play the game for 24 hours after that if you like it you can sub

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by BellaH

Today at 2:00PM EST A tale in the desert, tale 4 will start open beta.
    A Tale in the Desert is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game set in ancient Egypt. You can get a taste of life in our Tale by exploring the site or downloading the game client for free. After you've played 24 hours, we'll ask if you'd like to subscribe for $13.95 per month.
    The beta will last 1 week.
    http://atitd.com/dl/files/atitd3_trailer_mq.mpeg
    Hope you all enjoy!

I hape they improved the graphics? Cause those from 1-2-3 where realy from the old egyptian age....

There has been an improvement, I have not had the opportunity to see it for myself yet, but I am told, new av's and new compounds as well.

Originally posted by raizzeen

the beta is for 1 week during that week you can register and play the game for 24 hours after that if you like it you can sub

24 hours playtime or for 24 hours total? Cause if it is 24 hours total and I register now I could only play 2 hours total today and tomorrow maybe 3 but then my gametime is over.....Or do they mean 24 hours across the whole week? And where can i register and download the client and lastly do you mean 2 hours EU time or...?

NVM the graphics are a bit improved and don't look like old Egyptian anymore. Now they're the Middle ages.....www.linuxgames.com/archives/11207

• CadexnCadexn Member UncommonPosts: 137

ooooh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

this very moment :

Time at Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00)

9:25am

And this ladies and gentleman is why people should read their comments before hitting the post button!

I should read my post before posting? Or you should read yours? Seriously...

You said..."You can get a taste of life in our Tale by exploring the site or downloading the game client for free. After you've played 24 hours, we'll ask if you'd like to subscribe for 13.95 per month."

Then you say after that "The beta will last for one week."

How is that in any way clear? Either you can play for 24 hours and then pay to play after that...

or you can play the beta for one week, then 24 hours after that you will be asked to pay..

or you can play for 24 hours, agree to pay, then be allowed access to the beta..

I read what I posted before I hit send. I asked for clarification.

You said..."You can get a taste of life in our Tale by exploring the site or downloading the game client for free. After you've played 24 hours, we'll ask if you'd like to subscribe for 13.95 per month."

How is that in any way clear? Either you can play for 24 hours and then pay to play after that...

or you can play the beta for one week, then 24 hours after that you will be asked to pay..

or you can play for 24 hours, agree to pay, then be allowed access to the beta..

was pretty clear to me and anyone with some common sense but hey dont feel to bad

• CadexnCadexn Member UncommonPosts: 137

You assumed the beta being free.

That post was ANYTHING but clear. But whatever..so what she meant to say is

"There will be a one week beta. After that, you can play for 24 hours. When that 24 hours is up, we will ask you if you want to pay the subscription to continue playing."

so..the beta is not free..it's only a 24 hour trial?

That post was ANYTHING but clear. But whatever..so what she meant to say is
    "There will be a one week beta. After that, you can play for 24 hours. When that 24 hours is up, we will ask you if you want to pay the subscription to continue playing."

no:P the beta is right now for 1 week during this beta week you can download and play free for 24 hours

So why even mention the beta?

I'm not trying to be mean, rude, trollish or anything...that announcement is genuinely garbled.

So, the beta has nothing to do with the trial? Why mention it...

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

When I go to the website it's still tale in the desert 3?  Do I just download the client, on that site?  It's 9.45am here, where does the game up up 2.pm?

what is this game about? is it like wurm?  is it persistant? or once the world is built do they reset the servers?

The beta is free, after the 1 week beta, there is a 24 hours of PLAYED
    trial time, then you must subscribe.

thanks for clearing that up!

Well what's the game like?

do we just download the old client or at 2pm will a different client be available?

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

OP where do we get the client the download at the site is 3. Please help I really want to try this mmo.

• tobeltobel Member UncommonPosts: 4

You can download the ATITD client at www.atitd.com.

At the top is a link that says download.

Once you download and install the client, launch it. There will be a prompt that asks if you want to join the A Tale in the Desert III or A Tale in the Desert IV (beta) server. Just choose the beta server and connect. Once you get into the login screen, you will have to create a character. Create anything y ou want, then login with that information.

Poof, you'll be in Egypt :)

Hope this helps.

• silmarilsilmaril Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Sereniama

Nice, you stole the idea from a 13 year old boy... -.-

huh?

• arkaexarkaex Member Posts: 23

"And this ladies and gentleman is why people should read their comments before hitting the post button!"

Ah here she is again, head GM, being her wonderfully genial self.   Sure has the right avatar :)