Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Starts August 1st

GameMonger, the community manager, has announced that a closed beta consisting of mainly long term community members will start on August 1st. This is great news for Twilight War and a big step forward.

Thinkharder

Twilight War HQ Owner - The ONLY Twilight War Fansite!

Comments

• kokopuffkokopuff Member Posts: 94

• t_Langet_Lange Member Posts: 3

It's 23rd now :D Vaporware? Anyways, heard it's been taken over by some Japaneese company. Now it has cartoon graphics. I bet they will make it less skills based and more level grind. After all, they are Asians ><

• IkkariIkkari Member Posts: 7

well they are definatly not cartoony graphics.  Although simpler models means a lower ping. 

This game looks Great!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by ThinkHarder

GameMonger, the community manager, has announced that a closed beta consisting of mainly long term community members will start on August 1st. This is great news for Twilight War and a big step forward.
    Thinkharder

Funny, I made a post awhile back to tell people here about the beta, and everyone over on the official forums went apeshit, because they didn't want the beta publicized.  After which, I deleted the thread from here, since it's no skin off my nose if they want people to know about their game or not. I crossed it off my list strictly because of their reaction.

Question is, why the sudden change?

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

Looks pretty cool, I'll have to test it once it comes out..

• agentwredagentwred Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by ThinkHarder

Thinkharder

Funny, I made a post awhile back to tell people here about the beta, and everyone over on the official forums went apeshit, because they didn't want the beta publicized.  After which, I deleted the thread from here, since it's no skin off my nose if they want people to know about their game or not. I crossed it off my list strictly because of their reaction.

Question is, why the sudden change?

Lots of changed recently within the community.  Sure, some don't want everybody knowing cause they want to make sure they get in...i guess.  I think most of us though want to spread the word.  My other guest is that you might have had some bad info they didn't want spreading, but I'll take your word that that's not it.

However, no beta was ever released, and there is no date set for a beta.  There was a prerelease/alpha thing that you can get by preordering.

• shaon94shaon94 Member Posts: 41

So did the beta ever happen?  Are they planning on releasing it or is it a dead game now?  The fact there is not a lot of chatter freaks me out since could potentialy be a great game.

they are saying the same thing they have been saying:  they are working on it, getting rid of bugs, and that the beta will be out soon.  But its not like they haven't said this before.  But, supposably, its not dead, though I might argue that its on life support.

Whoa.  Beta has now started.  I got my CD key, though the server was taken down to fix a bug so I haven't logged in yet.  Some of the other guys have now.  There's probably not much there yet, but they will be slowly adding it all in.  For those of you who haven't come by the site in awhile, you might want to look into it again.  Those that were originally accepted into the Beta and those that bought the pre-release are allowed to join Beta.  If you didn't get a CD key, just get in contact with them.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by agentwred

Whoa.  Beta has now started.  I got my CD key, though the server was taken down to fix a bug so I haven't logged in yet.  Some of the other guys have now.  There's probably not much there yet, but they will be slowly adding it all in.  For those of you who haven't come by the site in awhile, you might want to look into it again.  Those that were originally accepted into the Beta and those that bought the pre-release are allowed to join Beta.  If you didn't get a CD key, just get in contact with them.

That's awful nice of them. How many years ago were those pre-releases sold?

haha no, the pre release was actually sold this year.  over the summer I believe.  But those people who were originally accepted into the Beta were accepted a few years back I think.