Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox 360 or PS3?

2»

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I own both PS3 and 360. I think the PS3 is a much better value. Microsoft does alot of nickle and diming with its console. You can upgrade your ps3 HDD simple with any laptop HDD. With microsoft you have to buy an outragously high priced propriatary HDD. Secondly most 360 exclusive are eventually ported to the PC and with a better quality. With PS3 you have to have a PS3 to play the exclusives. Ya the 360 has a bigger library, but its been out a lot longer. What do you expect? PS3 is much a much better system IMO

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

I loved the PS1 and the PS2 but for me the PS3 was just a super expensive paperweight. The 360 has far more games ok it doesn't have metal gear but lets face it metal gear solid 4 was just a movie little to no gameplay and plus the 360 has Final Fantasy now. If you live in japan, PS3, if not then the 360. Plus if you like playing online the 360 has far more people and a better online system than the PS3 ever will.

And the 3redlights i.e the ring of death is just a phone call a way to have a brand new xbox sent to you for free. Well that's the case within the UK anyway.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by minocin

I loved the PS1 and the PS2 but for me the PS3 was just a super expensive paperweight. The 360 has far more games ok it doesn't have metal gear but lets face it metal gear solid 4 was just a movie little to no gameplay and plus the 360 has Final Fantasy now. If you live in japan, PS3, if not then the 360. Plus if you like playing online the 360 has far more people and a better online system than the PS3 ever will.

And the 3redlights i.e the ring of death is just a phone call a way to have a brand new xbox sent to you for free. Well that's the case within the UK anyway.

Playstation 3 is not only about Metal Gear Solid 4, its also about Final Fantasy 13 vs XIII, White Knight, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Resistance, Motorstorm, Uncharted, etc...

Granted that the 360 has Gears of War (good game) and Halo, but the rest of its game portfolio is available on PC with better quality. The 360 DOES NOT have that many Franchises that are exclusive to its console.

I've never had any problem finding people to play ANY game that I have for the PS3 online. You say that the 360 has a better online system and that's true up to a point. Xbox Live has been around since the first xbox, its more mature compared to PSN, but to be honest, Sony is doing one heck of a job improving its service. To me right now I don't see that much difference between Live and PSN.

And the Red Ring of Death? I didn't know people actually liked to use customer service to get their console fixed. To me that's not having fun. When I buy something I want it to work without problems, not having my gaming console crash for no apparent reason and having to call Microsoft Customer Support and wait a couple of weeks for a new console (or refurb).

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

Playstation 3 is not only about Metal Gear Solid 4, its also about Final Fantasy 13 vs XIII, White Knight, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Resistance, Motorstorm, Uncharted, etc...

You do realise FF13 is now on the Xbox too? PS3 lost their exclusive to it. Uncharted? a male tomb raider.

Oh and I dont have to wait 30 minutes to install a game to my PS3 hard drive for a microsecond faster loading screens. Lets face it the 360 is a much better offer atleast until a PS3 is under £200 with a good range of games.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by ABRaquel

You do realise FF13 is now on the Xbox too? PS3 lost their exclusive to it. Uncharted? a male tomb raider.

Oh and I dont have to wait 30 minutes to install a game to my PS3 hard drive for a microsecond faster loading screens. Lets face it the 360 is a much better offer atleast until a PS3 is under £200 with a good range of games.

You do know what is FFvs13 right? It has nothing to do with Final Fantasy 13.

30 minutes to install a game on a PS3? Talk about an exageration! The only game where I had to wait more than 10 minutes to install was Metal Gear Solid 4.Also not all titles need to be installed on the PS3.

Also I don't understand why people bash the instalation of games on the PS3, when the XBOX360 now allows that, since there were so many complaints of the DVD Drives breaking down or the noise that the 360 made while playing a game.

Again you talk about a good range of games but the only ones that the PS3 doesn't have is Gears of War, Halo and Fable, even though these games are also available on the PC. Makes no sense to go and buy a console for exclusives when they are also available on a high quality platform (depending on your system) that is the PC.

• PS3 of course!!! 1st reason is that xbox360's easily breaks down due to manufacturing problems.. in month's time, you will have to get it fixed.. although it has more game titles under it, i think ps3 will soon compete with it.. plus, graphics and processor wise, ps3 will have the advantage in the near future..

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I would buy the PS3, Xbox breaks down too much.

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730

Doesn't the XBOX 360 have a record of breaking down, like this "ring of red" thing that I have been hearing about?

I'm buying the PlayStation 3 once they are offering one in silver or chrome with a 200GB HDD or better priced at $400 or less.

• jshfaijshfai Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Ginaz

I'm thinking of breaking down and finally buying a new console system. I already have a Wii and PS2 but I don't really play them that much. Normally I play sports or fighting type games on a console and use my PC for everything else. I have no intention of playing FPS type games or games that are available for the pc on a console. So since I'm a console noob I thought I'd ask people more knowledgeable then I am on which one is better. I know the 360 is cheaper and has more titles but the PS3 has better graphics (or so I've heard) and comes with a blu-ray player. I'm not too concerned with any online features because I prefer to use my PC for online games, esp. since I believe you have to pay for the service with both consoles, but if one has a better free service then thats something I'd look at as being a bonus. I'm leaning more towards the 360 because of the price and my reluctance to buy anything from Sony but on the other hand I have a good set up waiting for high def gaming and I'd like to get a blu ray one of these days too. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks.

To buy 360X................

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

If you have a good computer buy a ps3 if you don't have a good computer get a 360.  I now have a good computer that plays any game that has been ported from the 360 and it plays them better.    I bought an 360 2 years ago and never had the red ring, the only problem i had was the laser got weak but I did the POT mod and fixed that.  

Granted I havent touched my xbox other than to watch movies and play demo's in the past year.  I don't have a HDTV  and ffx 13 is coming out for the 360 and I heard for the PC as well. So no need to for me to get a PS3 anymore.

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

naah, xbox 360 should be out of the question in the first place.. it has a manufacturing defect that makes the 360 break down easily.. it will only last months!! that's why they made it cheaper, just to dispose off already manufactured units..

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Originally posted by Slappan

naah, xbox 360 should be out of the question in the first place.. it has a manufacturing defect that makes the 360 break down easily.. it will only last months!! that's why they made it cheaper, just to dispose off already manufactured units..

what the smeg?

Gave my first 360 to my brother ater i had for a year and he is still using 2 1/2 years later and I bought a 1080p one for my new tv... Its posts like this that make me think kids have taken over all the forums

As for my opinion I preffer 360 over ps3 for the better online play

• xKrNMBoYxxKrNMBoYx Member Posts: 165

I hate that Microsoft made Xbox 360 so vulenerable to heat problems that messes up the hardware.  If it was as secure as the PS3 then yea 360 all the way.

I have a 360 and i returned it once last month or two months ago.  The onlline play is fairly a lot better then the ps3.  NXE has really quited up the system and has less heat made which is great.  Only problem with NXE is that a 20gb harddrive can only support like 2 games installed onto it.  The harddrives seem a little overpriced, but its ok.

PS3 I like the blu-ray, and the higher capability to surivive heat problems.  But still when it comes to games not a lot of game designers use the ps3 to make the games.  They never use all the capability of the ps3, instead they use the 360, and port the 360 version to the ps3.

SO at the end I prefer the 360.  They are basically the same price now.  You can buy a 360 elite for 399.99 at walmart, and 399.99 of ps3 with i think 40 or 80gb of space at bestbuy so its ur thoughts of what options u like more

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

Hi guys! This is my 1st post.

My opinion is that you (Ginaz) should get the XBOX 360, since price tag is right for you and also because you already own a PS2 console. This is because, in the past, games that were released in PS3 also were released in PS2 console. You should also take into account your personal gaming experience of having to own a PS2 since that will determine if you would like PS3 more, this is because PS games are generally geared towards RPGs and entirely different from XBOX games which are dominantly FPS.

• 701kill701kill Member Posts: 106

I only play PC on a regular basis (I play my old xbox occasionally), but I've played my friend's consoles enough to know that if I had a choice, I would buy an Xbox360 over a PS3. I just find them more fun overall, but both have great games/features.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Take the PS3.

First of all, most games for 360 are also made for PC.

Second, PS3 do have more fighting games. Sony have always been better on getting the best ones there.

third, PS3 is faster and also gives you a blue ray player (DVD is so last century).

Fourth, The siraxis control is fun in sports game.

Fifth, Microsoft sucks. Bad enough that we are forced to use Windows. PS3 runs linux.