Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 3 years of absence I'm back and here is my thought.

2»

Comments

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152
    Originally posted by Gutboy

I personaly think that if there never was SWG and if the game was launched today without anything releated to Star Wars this game would do better than most MMO's out there.
    But you can't go back in time.

You could be right.  It is still very broken in a lot of areas and it would need a new engine.  But fixed and redone version of this game would probably work.  I suppose that is what TOR is going to be though...  I think even TOR will suffer from the stigma of this game to some degree.

Tecmo Bowl.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152
    Originally posted by Antarious

Originally posted by salvaje

Originally posted by tillamook

why is it always after 3 years?

Because SOE's shills still want people to think the NGE improved rather than destroyed the game.

Well I dunno about that but yes I have come in here and seen 10 different threads that all contained 'after 3 years' some where in the title.

I quit due to the NGE... but I had quit over the CU as well.  I came back after the CU and actually leared to like that.. or at least deal with it.

So I've returned a few times after the NGE as well.  So for me it is odd that so many people never tried the game again and its always the magic "3 years".

Heck most of the people who post totally negative things here and on a few other forums that popped up over the years have tried to play the game again (which only pissed them off more) but they did try it again..

I'll just respond to two things I saw in this thread.

1) Try it as a new game

Answer:  I have done that.. I wouldn't have bought this "new game" so perspective of comparing it to the "old game" isn't the problem.

Longer Answer:  I loved Ultima Online and SWG Pre-CU was much like that.  I do not like level games with no real player economy and crapstacular crafting.  So Star Wars NGE to me is just like every other crap game that follows this broken design idea that I call the "eq clone" (yes sorry wow it an eq clone as well so I don't tend to mention it unless in response to something).

2) These vets always try under populated severs.

Answer:  For the longest time everyone was telling me that Starsider was one of the most populated servers.  I had always played Starsider and oddly everytime I logged in it was dead...  20 or 30 or even 50 people around is NOT "alive".  There was more than that in "Doc Buff Line 1" when I played the day before the CU went live and there was 5 docs buffing (yes so 5 lines.. more or less the population of 10 current servers waiting for buffs...) and that doesn't count the people milling around the city.. the people in the cantina or the fact that every other city had the same thing going on...

If you enjoy the current game then good.. why would I not want you to enjoy a game?

I personally don't enjoy this game but I don't enjoy many of them.  If I post that I don't like a game, I'm not trying to convince anyone to hate it or that it sucks for anyone else.  I am posting an opinion from my perspective.

Many of the people in these threads are just as bad as the SOE haters they keep complaining about.

Good post.

Tecmo Bowl.

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Antarious

Originally posted by salvaje

Originally posted by tillamook

why is it always after 3 years?

Because SOE's shills still want people to think the NGE improved rather than destroyed the game.

Answer:  For the longest time everyone was telling me that Starsider was one of the most populated servers.  I had always played Starsider and oddly everytime I logged in it was dead...  20 or 30 or even 50 people around is NOT "alive".  There was more than that in "Doc Buff Line 1" when I played the day before the CU went live and there was 5 docs buffing (yes so 5 lines.. more or less the population of 10 current servers waiting for buffs...) and that doesn't count the people milling around the city.. the people in the cantina or the fact that every other city had the same thing going on...

Sunday evening, 6pm EST, a search of non-anonymous players on Starsider resulted in about 425 players. Last night around 9pm EST the number was 653

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”