Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the point of this game?

Is it just another asian grindfest?  I DLed, and tried it, and so far its just questing...

Comments

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

It is not just a quest, atlantica online has so much to offer, there are some features that you will enjoy like arena betting, free league, weekly championship and even guild dngeons, you must discover and enjoy these features in able for you to maximize your gaming experience in atlantica...

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

not just a grindfest, you can do a lot in the game.. you can gamble, join the free league craft items, maybe you should try exploring the game...

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by impakto

not just a grindfest, you can do a lot in the game.. you can gamble, join the free league craft items, maybe you should try exploring the game...

Just give it a second try, and try to understand the game, as what ive said earlie, the game has so much to offer, just try to explore it one by one and you will see what i'm talking about...

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by impakto

i love the betting thing because it adds a realistic factor to the game. its like betting on two fighters like persay, in boxing which also reminds me, the dream match!!! pacquiao vs. dela hoya! is there anyone here who are interested with a bet? lol!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

ooo dream match! hehe  

I get bored really easily, but I find Atlantica offers enough things other than just fighting to keep me up til 3am in the morning and getting 0-2 hours of sleep before work 

If you get tired of fighting there's so much more to do.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033
    Originally posted by timmyjames

Is it just another asian grindfest?  I DLed, and tried it, and so far its just questing...

Atlantica Online has so much more to offer than the Pay-toPlay mmos available today.

We’ll see if it can peel me away from Atlantica Online (AO); never before has a f2p Asian game captured my attention, as an Eq UO/EQ/WoW, etc player. I’m no fan of Asian free-to-play here, BUT I jumped on to ARGOS, their newest server to keep my distance from an overly crowded one, and have been playing this game for a week.

Mmo’s that you have to pay for has some competition for my attention now; the only time in history, and that’s coming from a spoiled US resident with once crap launches to play with like AoC and WAR after being bored to tears by EQ (following my first year) and WoW.

Right, Atlantica is not just a mmorpg, but a RTS/MMORPG. So, I am a product of UO and EQ and have not found a mmo that is as thoughtful about the merge of rts and mmo as this game is. I’m very pleasantly surprised at the level of detail with the tactical aspect of combat in this game, both PvE and PvP; well. done.

There is game-play risk and reward; you have to actually think about how you not only want to develop your band of mercenaries, your toon/party, but the combat makes you think on your feet as you manage to defeat a group of mobs while shifting your formation to compensate for misfortune at time.

Having played AoC, WAR, WoW DAoC and all the other predecessors, they have not really provided me a fresh outlook on the mmorpg genre; this game has. Who knows if another pay-to-play will, but we’ll see. Atlantica certainly has. Ive never seen a game where the economy is this good. What I find funny about AO is that so many people who dont know anything about it automatically classify it as another f2p asian grinder when really it is nothing like any of the games they are comparing it to, but having been in it for a month to actually give me time to experience many of its complex details,

I’ve found AO to have a lot of innovation and what we are seeing is that there are definitely people that cannot handle that level of player-driven detail, thoughtfulness or game-play complexity.

When comparing to other games like the soon to be Runes, I’m going to be much sharper in my evaluation. The player-driven economy is excellent I think and I find even the least likely to sell items sell very quickly.

I don’t have to worry about gold farmers posting items at insane prices since the players are actually playing the market and utilizing the market to advance their craft very often at reasonable in-game markets;players drive the market. And there is not not not an item mall that gives a player that pays a leg-up, really, on character advancement, game-play or PvP at all, really. Everything is player driven, not wallet-driven.

Crafting is very detail oriented, player-driven and broad in Atlantica, which is what again I will measure things against. It’s not to the point of being mundane or micro-management and what I love is that I can have a work-load that crafts as I battle - a great use of on-line time, and the items in-game, again, all player driven.

City ownership, skills management, crafting, PvP, strategy, tactics, reduced repetitive grind in the same areas, character development, re-playability yada yada yada;its all good in Atlantica and is a wait and see with other games.

The only thing that is hard for me and others is that character customization is not as unique and individualized as modern US mmo's, but I've been one to say that many modern mmos are nothing more than window-dressing in disguise, so I can live with it.

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

wow. very nice detailed post up there.  must have been took you. must have taken time to make.

for me, what got me hooked was the fact that some of the npc and the map are based on true to life character.