Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Interview with Tasos Flambouras

Comments

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Just for the record:

mmorpg.com is acting like a proxy for a self-proclaimed mmo with almost nothing to show for all their high and mighty features.

Tasos claims stuff without backing it up.

Next year when there is still no release I expect some red ears here!!

• Tuck2000Tuck2000 Member Posts: 361
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by singsofdeath

Originally posted by Tuck2000

Originally posted by NormireX

Ok so I think this might be my first actual post at MMORPG.com.  I've been here for a few years though.  But anyway didn't anyone else think this Tasos guy came off as a bit of an egotistical jerk?  I mean just the way in which he answered the questions it was if he was acting like he and his company are far superior than anyone else.  Sorry but to me he just came off as a bit of a prick.

Dude live in Europe a few years. He was just being direct I am not surpised by the tone of the answers just a cultural difference in communication.

I live in Europe, and have done so for the most part of my life. And no, his attitude is not something that you would expect from someone in his position. But maybe he's convinced that DF can survive on the current community alone. At the rate he and his "followers" are shooing others away, that'll be the way things turn out anyway.

MMORPG.COM "haters" and "trolls" make Tasos angry. Break through "thick skin". Tasos show them! TASOS  SMASH!!

Well I can give him a little sympathy seeing he will be lynched by his own had if he and his team do not deliver on the loose schedule that he has given, he’s got about 10 days before someone puts a rope over a tree limb. So I would think he has a bit of stress.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Originally posted by NormireX

Ok so I think this might be my first actual post at MMORPG.com.  I've been here for a few years though.  But anyway didn't anyone else think this Tasos guy came off as a bit of an egotistical jerk?  I mean just the way in which he answered the questions it was if he was acting like he and his company are far superior than anyone else.  Sorry but to me he just came off as a bit of a prick.

Dude live in Europe a few years. He was just being direct I am not surpised by the tone of the answers just a cultural difference in communication.

I live in Europe, and have done so for the most part of my life. And no, his attitude is not something that you would expect from someone in his position. But maybe he's convinced that DF can survive on the current community alone. At the rate he and his "followers" are shooing others away, that'll be the way things turn out anyway.

MMORPG.COM "haters" and "trolls" make Tasos angry. Break through "thick skin". Tasos show them! TASOS  SMASH!!

Well I can give him a little sympathy seeing he will be lynched by his own had if he and his team do not deliver on the loose schedule that he has given, he’s got about 10 days before someone puts a rope over a tree limb. So I would think he has a bit of stress.

You got a point there. As I've said before, this year is different from before. There is an official committment there. No more sneaking out the back way. It's now or never.

And it's about damn time.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Nice interview, no fussing and straight up. The only thing I would say is that it is way to short, but I get the 'groundwork' thing. At least this shows MMORPG.com has an open line to the devs...

I havent got unrealistic demands from an indie dev, nor am I caught up in the fan/hateboi wars, but...

I am actually starting to look forward to this game releasing. :)

Heres hoping that DF succeeds and brings diversity and passion back to the sterile, cash cow, ez mode knitting simulators that we have had pushed on us recently.

It's in everyone's interests that this game makes money, even if you personally don't want to play it.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Draccan

Just for the record:
    mmorpg.com is acting like a proxy for a self-proclaimed mmo with almost nothing to show for all their high and mighty features.

what about you when there is a release?

• LukePlumberLukePlumber Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by LukePlumber

Aventurine is doing things right and everyone else is doing them wrong, and Aventurine is much better than anyone else, period.

thanks, you got it :-) The rest of the MMORPG developers from the last years made nothing but crappy games (I think everyone agrees on that... except maybe for warhammer - which I personally don't like, but others might - every single MMORPG that released was a failure (in numbers of fans and in reviews of their followers before release). If Tasos is sure he can deliver what he promised, then yes, he is right: Aventurine is doing it in a better way - actually testing the game before releasing it.

He can gloat -after- the game releases and is a success (by that I do not mean racking up WoW type numbers, but gaining a growing community and supporting itself when all's said and done). Gloating now, when everything is still up in the air just makes him appear like an a$$.

Yea right, because the Darkfall DEVs are hyping the game that much... all other developers were bragging about their games months before releasing, launching markteing campaigns, downplaying other games, selling fanartikelceven before releasing some screenshots (MortalOnline anyone)... and now Aventurine is once in an interview talking good about their own game and you vaportrolls are complaning again... priceless :-)

• Mazer14Mazer14 Member UncommonPosts: 129

Just for the record:

Talk about claims without backing it up. We'll just see who's wrong, you or the developer of the game :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Self-confessed DF fanboy. Finally a real ****ing MMO.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by downtoearth

Just for the record:

Ah,ah. Not just a release, but a release of a game in better shape than any other game out there. Tasos again stuck his foot in his mouth with the Darkfall has been ready to go for a long time spiel.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Oh and the questions were really... biased...

The length of time that this game has been in development have led some to speculate that this game is vapourware, can you speak to that point?

What do they think he'd answer? They should ask him questions about the game and stop badmouthing. If they don't believe the game's going to come out - fine, then don't bother interviewing.

How in the world is that badmouthing? It's not bias, it's called a legitimate question that many want answered.

That'd be like someone claiming they're slandering George W. Bush when asking him direct questions about some of the questionable decisions he's made in office the last eight years.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Just for the record:

Ah,ah. Not just a release, but a release of a game in better shape than any other game out there. Tasos again stuck his foot in his mouth with the Darkfall has been ready to go for a long time spiel.

from what ic an tell it loosk like it has been just animations are alil off but with mroe money that can be fixed any time

you need to relax and wait and see you cant stick your foot in yoru mouth this much and and out right lieing to us. tcos still had performance issue when beta shut down. AOc had issues most games ive tested have alot of issue right before release

Aventurine is doing things right and everyone else is doing them wrong, and Aventurine is much better than anyone else, period.

thanks, you got it :-) The rest of the MMORPG developers from the last years made nothing but crappy games (I think everyone agrees on that... except maybe for warhammer - which I personally don't like, but others might - every single MMORPG that released was a failure (in numbers of fans and in reviews of their followers before release). If Tasos is sure he can deliver what he promised, then yes, he is right: Aventurine is doing it in a better way - actually testing the game before releasing it.

He can gloat -after- the game releases and is a success (by that I do not mean racking up WoW type numbers, but gaining a growing community and supporting itself when all's said and done). Gloating now, when everything is still up in the air just makes him appear like an a$$.

Yea right, because the Darkfall DEVs are hyping the game that much... all other developers were bragging about their games months before releasing, launching markteing campaigns, downplaying other games, selling fanartikelceven before releasing some screenshots (MortalOnline anyone)... and now Aventurine is once in an interview talking good about their own game and you vaportrolls are complaning again... priceless :-)

Talking good and proclaiming their game has been "ready for a long time" and is "much more ready than any other game at the stage of development" are two quite seperate things.

And learn your terms. I have never claimed DF to be vaporware. *sigh* But go on...label everything that doesn#t agree with you in one swift stroke.

• Master25Master25 Member Posts: 21

*sigh* the trolls keep denying darkfalls existence till the end.

Lemme ask you something, why do you hate on DF?

The answer ''Because they never release it'' is retarded, because if you don't care about the game what's the fucking point of following it?

Tasos an echo maniac? yea right, read the post from the AoC dev against DF.

That someone can be such a baby, unbelievable.

AoC, buggy game, still tons of things not working correctly.

Hey! let's fix it by implementing DX10!!!

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696
    Originally posted by Isane

The guy(Tasos)  is spot on he has given as good as he gets, the mmorpg question were all negative as if the owners of this site are becoming more and more like the troll fest that inhabits this site. No interest in games just in point scoring.
    Better sites for DFO info and MMO info than this exist, lucky IMHO that Tasos even bothered to give them a few sound bytes. The trash talkers here just don't deserve it.
    Is it that long since i posted here!!!!
    Well done Aventuring and well done Tasos you made the interviewer look a little pathetic. stand your corner and what you believe in for these reasons DFO will be great.
    And well said Kal'Theo

How were those questions all negative? They were perfectly legitimate questions that many people have been asking about the game for quite some time and I thought that Tasos did a fine job of answering them.

We are INCREDIBLY interested in Darkfall(and all new MMOs for that matter). Not to sound rude, I eman you';re entitled to your opinion, but would you have preferred I ask what his favorite color was?

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Great interview! 

I like this guy Tasos.  These guys don't have billions of dollars, but they  are realists operating within a budget.  .  I'm rooting for them, and I can't wait to play Darkfall when it launches.

Originally posted by midway22

Hey John Wood,
    Why don't you put Darkfall in your scrolling features on the front of MMORPG.com? Currently one of the games is "Wizard 101" but yet Darkfall is not up there. Please! You have a ground breaking game/interview not being mentioned while most of the games on the front page are franchise games and other randoms offering nothing new other than a different color on the same vanilla MMO. 

:) If you're talking about the featurette slider, then worry not, we will be promoting this feature the same way we promote the big feature every single day on the site. It's currrently with the Art department. Once he has a chance to get it up there, it'll be there :) chillax. Yeah, I said it. I'm bringing back chillax.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Just for the record:

from what ic an tell it loosk like it has been just animations are alil off but with mroe money that can be fixed any time

you need to relax and wait and see you cant stick your foot in yoru mouth this much and and out right lieing to us. tcos still had performance issue when beta shut down. AOc had issues most games ive tested have alot of issue right before release

Exactly. And Tasos has once again removed any sympathy or right to ask for time if Darkfall has any of those issues at release due to his over-inflated ego.

But I will wait and see. The question is, will I see a game launch in better condition than every other game out there, or will I see Tasos fall on his ass?

Oh, the anticipation.......

The length of time that this game has been in development have led some to speculate that this game is vapourware, can you speak to that point?

What do they think he'd answer? They should ask him questions about the game and stop badmouthing. If they don't believe the game's going to come out - fine, then don't bother interviewing.

Look, we just ask the wquestions that our community is asking.  Personally, I'd love to see Darkfall launch. Honestly, asking softball questions would have been far more biased than asking the man to respond to something that people have been saying.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164
    Originally posted by Stradden

Originally posted by Isane

The guy(Tasos)  is spot on he has given as good as he gets, the mmorpg question were all negative as if the owners of this site are becoming more and more like the troll fest that inhabits this site. No interest in games just in point scoring.
    Better sites for DFO info and MMO info than this exist, lucky IMHO that Tasos even bothered to give them a few sound bytes. The trash talkers here just don't deserve it.
    Is it that long since i posted here!!!!
    Well done Aventuring and well done Tasos you made the interviewer look a little pathetic. stand your corner and what you believe in for these reasons DFO will be great.
    And well said Kal'Theo

How were those questions all negative? They were perfectly legitimate questions that many people have been asking about the game for quite some time and I thought that Tasos did a fine job of answering them.

We are INCREDIBLY interested in Darkfall(and all new MMOs for that matter). Not to sound rude, I eman you';re entitled to your opinion, but would you have preferred I ask what his favorite color was?

I hope it's blue.

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Awesome feature!

Thank you for doing it. And thanks to Tasos for answering those questions in a good way! :)

This is getting silly.

We -all- should be happy that finally, this month, there will be a clear answer as to DF's status. Regardless of what happens, there will be a much clearer picture of things by the end of the year.

Apart from Tasos rather...unfortunate way of phrasing things in this interview, this much we should all agree on. Right?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

He sounds anything but professional. I can’t wait for something to go wrong, and watch what comes out of his mouth. As far as his responces, we have heard all this before. The proof is in the pudding.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• BorkotronBorkotron Member Posts: 282

Tasos. I want to play. Hurry up!

Originally posted by Stradden

Look, we just ask the wquestions that our community is asking.  Personally, I'd love to see Darkfall launch. Honestly, asking softball questions would have been far more biased than asking the man to respond to something that people have been saying.

Yes, you probably have to ask the questions your community is asking, but have you ever considered your community might be biased (of course, every community is - wouldn't be a community if it weren't biased)?

But really: Even if the game was vaporware and just a big scam: Noone would would admit that so this questions was pointless imo.

Anyway, all in all I liked the interview but noone should really wounder why Tasos is a little "angry" about a community that always portrayed darkfall as vaporware and even tried to have it not called an MMORPG anymore.

At last, it seems the vaportrolls are finally becoming less and even though they are still wandering around here and there; with the upcoming release date, they should vanish completly.

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

He sounds anything but professional. I can’t wait for something to go wrong, and watch what comes out of his mouth.

Tasos was completely right. Why do you people WANT a game to fail? Why don't you want to increase the bar for MMORPGs and hope for the standart to get better? We can probably all agree the last years haven't been exactly the best MMORPGs in general have seen so don't you think it's time for a succesful release now?

• JkoolerJkooler Member Posts: 66

Thank you MMORPG for letting us knows a bit more about this game. Trolls beware you’re going to have to bite your tongue, I hate when people go around talking bullpoop without reading or making the minimal effort to back up their statement. 

PS. Thank you. Stradden

A weapon doesn’t make a Warrior Legendary, Is the warrior who makes the weapon.