Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Interview with Tasos Flambouras

Comments

• OutlawVROutlawVR Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Almighty DF Devs

"...there will be an official statement in the next few days announcing a release date for the game."

Win

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Originally posted by downtoearth

Originally posted by NormireX

Ok so I think this might be my first actual post at MMORPG.com.  I've been here for a few years though.  But anyway didn't anyone else think this Tasos guy came off as a bit of an egotistical jerk?  I mean just the way in which he answered the questions it was if he was acting like he and his company are far superior than anyone else.  Sorry but to me he just came off as a bit of a prick.

yea i notice that lol, but can you blame him?

Are you kidding me?  He acts like a complete douche bag to the customers he is supposed to be trying to sell to and you don't want to blame him?  WTH is wrong with you people?

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812
    Originally posted by dayedreamer

Originally posted by singsofdeath

So...it is ready to launch. More ready than most if not all other MMO's released.

Yet it doesn't launch. Why? No reason given.  

They did give a reason.

"We need the playtesters mostly for extra gameplay feedback and to test hardware configurations."

And they need that for several years? o.O

Sorry, not a reason.

But hey, I'm patient. I'm sure we'll get something this month. be it an announcement or even release. I'll be happy to see where it goes.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Originally posted by imbant

No substance?  lol cmon....

Please stop -praising- Tasos to the high heavens. Most people would agree that he was nothing but ego-centric in this interview and acted like a prick.

Substance? Yeah. We got one number, and a vague one at that and the promise of another announcement, also in vague terms. Lucky for us, he already committed to 2008, so he is under much more pressure than during the last years when he could always say that no specific dates were ever given.

Other than that, this interview is just tasos telling everyone that Aventurine is doing things right and everyone else is doing them wrong, and Aventurine is much better than anyone else, period.

Edit: "It's so easy being a skeptic." <- This one made me laugh. The truth is, it's easy not believing anything...just as it's easy to believe -everything-.

It's trying to sort out the truth from the lies that's difficult. *smirk*

well yea so?  its almost true in some ways. lets see if it really works

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by LukePlumber

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Guillermo197

Everyone should mouse over the screenshot. Will give you a good laugh.

What do you mean? Nothing happens...

PS: Finally some good work of you guys :)  @Vaportrolls: Eat shit and die... you just have lost this one :-) Guess you'll have to start tearing down MortalOnline now.

It's an Age of Conan screenshot. Mouse over it in the full interview. And nothing is proven yet.

uhm... no? It's not an age of Conan screenshot, it's here (http://www.darkfallonline.com/gallery/visuals/dc_01) in the official darkfall gallery to find :)

Well, it SAYS it's an Age of Conan shot when you mouse over it, which is what Guillermo197 was pointing out that you apparently missed.

Originally posted by Tuck2000

Ok so I think this might be my first actual post at MMORPG.com.  I've been here for a few years though.  But anyway didn't anyone else think this Tasos guy came off as a bit of an egotistical jerk?  I mean just the way in which he answered the questions it was if he was acting like he and his company are far superior than anyone else.  Sorry but to me he just came off as a bit of a prick.

Dude live in Europe a few years. He was just being direct I am not surpised by the tone of the answers just a cultural difference in communication.

I live in Europe, and have done so for the most part of my life. And no, his attitude is not something that you would expect from someone in his position. But maybe he's convinced that DF can survive on the current community alone. At the rate he and his "followers" are shooing others away, that'll be the way things turn out anyway.

• LukePlumberLukePlumber Member Posts: 74

Aventurine is doing things right and everyone else is doing them wrong, and Aventurine is much better than anyone else, period.

thanks, you got it :-) The rest of the MMORPG developers from the last years made nothing but crappy games (I think everyone agrees on that... except maybe for warhammer - which I personally don't like, but others might - every single MMORPG that released was a failure (in numbers of fans and in reviews of their followers before release). If Tasos is sure he can deliver what he promised, then yes, he is right: Aventurine is doing it in a better way - actually testing the game before releasing it.

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

It sounds like honesty.  I don't know how people can say he is being an ego maniac or too defensive when he is faced with questions like "so, people have called your game vaporware, how do you respond?".  Give me a break.  In fact, that is a very disrespectful question to ask if you want to conduct a serious interview.  The interview was hostile and asked very little about the game itself.   Despite that, Tasos was able to respond logically.  Don't know about most people, but I'd prefer that larger companies would also adopt the Darkfall method of monetary allotment.  Most of them spend too damn much on advertisement and damn near all of it turns out to be bull.

You want real vaporware?  Check out Warhammer online.  Age of Conan.  They promised many things and delivered someone completely different.  In light of that, I simply do not understand the criticisms many people are throwing out there atm. 

PS: Finally some good work of you guys :)  @Vaportrolls: Eat shit and die... you just have lost this one :-) Guess you'll have to start tearing down MortalOnline now.

It's an Age of Conan screenshot. Mouse over it in the full interview. And nothing is proven yet.

uhm... no? It's not an age of Conan screenshot, it's here (http://www.darkfallonline.com/gallery/visuals/dc_01) in the official darkfall gallery to find :)

Well, it SAYS it's an Age of Conan shot when you mouse over it, which is what Guillermo197 was pointing out that you apparently missed.

well, it doesn't say so for me, but I'll just believe you that it does. Anyway, even if it says so, it's not true since the screenshot is definitly a darkfall one.

Thanks for mistaking darkfall's graphics with age of conans though :)  -  the graphics are the only thing AoC got right.

Dude live in Europe a few years. He was just being direct I am not surpised by the tone of the answers just a cultural difference in communication.

I live in Europe, and have done so for the most part of my life. And no, his attitude is not something that you would expect from someone in his position. But maybe he's convinced that DF can survive on the current community alone. At the rate he and his "followers" are shooing others away, that'll be the way things turn out anyway.

MMORPG.COM "haters" and "trolls" make Tasos angry. Break through "thick skin". Tasos show them! TASOS  SMASH!!

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454
    Please stop -praising- Tasos to the high heavens. Most people would agree that he was nothing but ego-centric in this interview and acted like a prick.
     Substance? Yeah. We got one number, and a vague one at that and the promise of another announcement, also in vague terms. Lucky for us, he already committed to 2008, so he is under much more pressure than during the last years when he could always say that no specific dates were ever given.
     Other than that, this interview is just tasos telling everyone that Aventurine is doing things right and everyone else is doing them wrong, and Aventurine is much better than anyone else, period.
     Edit: "It's so easy being a skeptic." <- This one made me laugh. The truth is, it's easy not believing anything...just as it's easy to believe -everything-.

Classical psychological projection, what a case study for budding psychologists, a pure gem!

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Talk about a missed opportunity. They sit down (or email or whatever) for an interview and this is all that comes out of it?

Basically he says the same as always: soon

And I agree with some posters here, he is arrogant and not one I would really like to buy anything from..

I don't believe there is a game and IF, that's a big IF there was a game, I think it is being mishandled to death...

well, it doesn't say so for me, but I'll just believe you that it does. Anyway, even if it says so, it's not true since the screenshot is definitly a darkfall one.

Thanks for mistaking darkfall's graphics with age of conans though :)  -  the graphics are the only thing AoC got right.

I was never impressed by AoCs graphics, either.

Aventurine is doing things right and everyone else is doing them wrong, and Aventurine is much better than anyone else, period.

thanks, you got it :-) The rest of the MMORPG developers from the last years made nothing but crappy games (I think everyone agrees on that... except maybe for warhammer - which I personally don't like, but others might - every single MMORPG that released was a failure (in numbers of fans and in reviews of their followers before release). If Tasos is sure he can deliver what he promised, then yes, he is right: Aventurine is doing it in a better way - actually testing the game before releasing it.

He can gloat -after- the game releases and is a success (by that I do not mean racking up WoW type numbers, but gaining a growing community and supporting itself when all's said and done). Gloating now, when everything is still up in the air just makes him appear like an a$$.

Let's face it, he hasn't proven anything yet. Acting like he has is not a good way to endear yourself to future players. *shrugs* But read my post above regarding that.

Anyway, I'm happy. It's finally a decisive month for DF. Looking forward to playing the game at long last and finding out just how much substance there is to this whole thing.

• KoskKosk Member Posts: 19

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Good interview, looking forward to news in the next couple days. I liked the way he answered his questions.  Apologies for hurting your feelings there Nancy!

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by KalTheo

With the ammount of flack Aventurine gets from this community, I think he deserves to be a prick.
    All hail Tasos.

The guy(Tasos)  is spot on he has given as good as he gets, the mmorpg question were all negative as if the owners of this site are becoming more and more like the troll fest that inhabits this site. No interest in games just in point scoring.

Better sites for DFO info and MMO info than this exist, lucky IMHO that Tasos even bothered to give them a few sound bytes. The trash talkers here just don't deserve it.

Is it that long since i posted here!!!!

Well done Aventuring and well done Tasos you made the interviewer look a little pathetic. stand your corner and what you believe in for these reasons DFO will be great.

And well said Kal'Theo

Right. Except for since the 17minutes gameplay video came out a few months ago, the numbers of darkfall forum members has quadruplicated.

• OutlawVROutlawVR Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Venger

Originally posted by downtoearth

yea i notice that lol, but can you blame him?

Are you kidding me?  He acts like a complete douche bag to the customers he is supposed to be trying to sell to and you don't want to blame him?  WTH is wrong with you people?

Who cares if the game is good right?

But I think he is referring to the fact that so many ppl hate on DF...so can you blame him being a little uppiddy

Plus everyone who has met him say he is a swell guy

Originally posted by Blodpls

Classical psychological projection, what a case study for budding psycologists, a pure gem!

Errr. Right. So believing everything is not easy? Right. Being a person who questions nothing is a difficult task in life?

Wow....I wish I could live in your world.

• midway22midway22 Member Posts: 9

Hey John Wood,

Why don't you put Darkfall in your scrolling features on the front of MMORPG.com? Currently one of the games is "Wizard 101" but yet Darkfall is not up there. Please! You have a ground breaking game/interview not being mentioned while most of the games on the front page are franchise games and other randoms offering nothing new other than a different color on the same vanilla MMO. 

Oh and the questions were really... biased...

The length of time that this game has been in development have led some to speculate that this game is vapourware, can you speak to that point?

What do they think he'd answer? They should ask him questions about the game and stop badmouthing. If they don't believe the game's going to come out - fine, then don't bother interviewing.

Originally posted by Isane

Originally posted by KalTheo

With the ammount of flack Aventurine gets from this community, I think he deserves to be a prick.
    All hail Tasos.

The guy(Tasos)  is spot on he has given as good as he gets, the mmorpg question were all negative as if the owners of this site are becoming more and more like the troll fest that inhabits this site. No interest in games just in point scoring.

Better sites for DFO info and MMO info than this exist, lucky IMHO that Tasos even bothered to give them a few sound bytes. The trash talkers here just don't deserve it.

Is it that long since i posted here!!!!

Well done Aventuring and well done Tasos you made the interviewer look a little pathetic. stand your corner and what you believe in for these reasons DFO will be great.

And well said Kal'Theo

The only one looking pathetic is the one praising his unreleased game as the Second coming and acting like an ass to the interviewer. He didn't want to do the interview with the big bad mmorpg.com meanies, he didn't have to.

While it was not what I was looking forward to, there was nothing wrong with the interviewer or his questions.

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

What part of Europe?  England?  lol...

Anyway, I agree with you that some of the people on the forums are very abrasive.  I've been following the game for quite some time and have been flamed to a crisp for a suggestion that I don't think most people even understood.  On the other hand, I think that people are banned and/or suspended for extreme hate and flaming.  Also, if you want to get a feel for the game, post in the newbie forum.  The Advanced forum is for people who have waited long for the game and many of the most vocal have very little patience.

In any case though, many of the people who go to the DF forums expect to change the game into EQIII or WoWII.  They are quickly dealt with and they should be.  Try suggesting on the WoW forums that you should be able to loot  your opponents gear.  They will also flame you.

I think the real problem is that people who go to the DF forums thinking in terms of past mmos are shocked to find that their comfort zone is just not there.  Try not to go there seeking what you have known before.  Instead, keep an open mind, post in the appropriate forums, and you should be just fine.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

"Some people doubt it's possible, others worry that it is."

You vaportrolls are really being faithful to the classic meaning of 'troll.'  You just won't die!!

Waaaaah, they don't update.

Waaaah, they updated but the guy didn't sound friendly.

Waaaah.

Originally posted by Kosk

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Good interview, looking forward to news in the next couple days. I liked the way he answered his questions.  Apologies for hurting your feelings there Nancy!

Excellent example. *sigh*

A good community. Yeah...but only if you join the "Cult" and don't dare say anything remotely negative. So, here I am again, pointing out something that rubs some people wrong with a statement, at the same time being happy I may finally get to play the game and still, everyone gets all crazy and angry and wants people like me gone from thier game. *shrug*

Maybe Tasos should give some of the -thick- skin to his followers so they don#t explode at the slightest mention of negative things.