Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is Romper room

TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

I can say, watching the cast and such with this game it is a crying shame they ended up making it a Captain Kangaroo fiasco.

I like the one where the kid asks in a 5 year old voice "why the f&** would you bring a 5-6 year old to ask about a Star Trek game anyways?" I really wanted this game to but it seems that the developers eagerly look for things to do, in order to piss off the crowd who really has a passion about this game.

There has been many ideals passed along from thousands of people who followed this game on STO.net (before Cinc got his Nazi ass hands on moderating) that would have made the immersion factor exquisite, satisfying, unique and just out right innovative.

Kinneas, who talked about how the game should take advantage of simulator technology (technology in general) as well as art work.

Tyshalle, who looked at it from a realism account in what the "pessimistic" gamer will be looking for and giving excuses not to play the game.

Heck, even the role players like Enara and others from the forum had input (that was positive and good) to throw in on how to make the game what MMORPGer, Trekkers and even SWG lovers would have like to see put into the game.

Seriously, people do not want to play COH/COV in ships and that is exactly what these guys are doing (remember the kill such in such boss in a cave 500 times to progress to the next tier cave). This game, the way it is looking won't have as much value as a tin chip in a Ferengi Dabo bar.

Seriously, and I know most of you will say it is beta and such but let's be real, most of today's games showing graphics in the beginning how much did that change over the course of development (not talking about shadows and pixels but general)? The graphics look like crap, the vision seems like crap and, I hate that these guys got the license after PE to make this game (a waste).

P.S.

Having Leonard Nimoy come out doing the Vulcan "Kohanim" did not put the stamp of approval on a shit game in the making either.

Comments

• WikkedbowtieWikkedbowtie Member Posts: 494

Thank you for your well informed and thought out opinion.

You sir, are one of the most polite and literate trolls I have ever seen and it has been an honor to read your whiney, useless, and completely innane post.

Now how about we wait until the game comes out before we cry foul.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Wikkedbowtie

You sir, are one of the most polite and literate trolls I have ever seen and it has been an honor to read your whiney, useless, and completely innane post.

That's just it punk, been waiting for this game to come out since it was announced back when SOE had it in their hands.

On a note the game's template is already out (see COH/COV). This game will be another super, duper flop in the making and that is my opinion (you got that right) and so far when describing all these wonderful games coming or out already it's usually a dead on assumption.

Wikedbowtie, put this in your back pocket, because when they bring out the game in another (2-3 years)l  will PM you this post with a LOL in it).

• StarbearStarbear Member Posts: 37

I have to second this, untill the game comes out we have no idea how good or bad it will be. It would be nice to see the game make everyone happy but sadly it won't. What I can say is like all major MMO launches STO will draw a large group of people. Many will rave about it being the best thing ever, more will hate its guts and spit on Cryptic's name untill their mouths are dry as the Santa Anna winds and in the end STO will live. I can say this because I have seen it happen to every major MMO since EQ1. Lets face it Cryptic can't please everyone and complaining about a game that is still in development is unproductive and lacks logic.

With that said Wikked has a point, wait untill the game comes out and then complain.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Starbear

I have to second this, untill the game comes out we have no idea how good or bad it will be. It would be nice to see the game make everyone happy but sadly it won't. What I can say is like all major MMO launches STO will draw a large group of people. Many will rave about it being the best thing ever, more will hate its guts and spit on Cryptic's name untill their mouths are dry as the Santa Anna winds and in the end STO will live. I can say this because I have seen it happen to every major MMO since EQ1. Lets face it Cryptic can't please everyone and complaining about a game that is still in development is unproductive and lacks logic.

With that said Wikked has a point, wait untill the game comes out and then complain.

Meh, maybe your right. After looking through the game book and seeing that I can make any alien I think of "mentioned in videos as well" I thought that broke from what many wanted to see in the game (plenty of extened universe races, why take the lazy way out?).

Oh well, I guess I will wait and see what happens before throwing a chair out the window.

• StarbearStarbear Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Tonev

Meh, maybe your right. After looking through the game book and seeing that I can make any alien I think of "mentioned in videos as well" I thought that broke from what many wanted to see in the game (plenty of extened universe races, why take the lazy way out?).

Oh well, I guess I will wait and see what happens before throwing a chair out the window.

ROFL well if it sucks I'll help you toss a piano out a window.

• techdogtechdog Member Posts: 9

That's just it punk, been waiting for this game to come out since it was announced back when SOE had it in their hands.

On a note the game's template is already out (see COH/COV). This game will be another super, duper flop in the making and that is my opinion (you got that right) and so far when describing all these wonderful games coming or out already it's usually a dead on assumption.

Wikedbowtie, put this in your back pocket, because when they bring out the game in another (2-3 years)l  will PM you this post with a LOL in it).

Actually they are using the Champions Online engine, not CoX. You should probably stick with Startrekonline.com which are the official forums for cryptics STO, since most of the info is on there.

I bet Batman would have some kind of awesome Bat-taunt that could let him hold aggro. - Atamasama
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

• WikkedbowtieWikkedbowtie Member Posts: 494

ROFL well if it sucks I'll help you toss a piano out a window.

Hell, if it sux I'll help too. I just hate seeing people say its going to suck when we really know almost nothing about the game.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

It's just comical that someone can call it a "shit game" and they haven't even played it.

Opinions are fine, but extrapolating that far and calling it shit when all you've seen are some screenshots and a couple movies is laughable and makes you come across sounding like a bitter kid. 

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Thradar

It's just comical that someone can call it a "shit game" and they haven't even played it.
    Opinions are fine, but extrapolating that far and calling it shit when all you've seen are some screenshots and a couple movies is laughable and makes you come across sounding like a bitter kid. 

Really whats the difference? People calling Darkfall a Excellent game, but yet that game is not even near to being out and no one has really played it.Yes I know its a little off topic; but you cant burn both ends of the candle either with out getting torched..

Sure someone post a opinion on a game and people smash him/her for it for being Negative and not playing the game..

But yet these same people who claim that there game there following is so good it will be the Wow Killer.But they never played it until it was released or going to be released..Then come to find out the game is a Epic Failure.

My Opinion Hypocrit! So much for a Good game...As you say  Opinions are fine, but extrapolating that far and calling it shit  GOOD when all you've seen are some screenshots and a couple movies is laughable and makes you come across sounding like a bitter kid. The Road runs both ways do they not?

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

I say we all sit back and wait to see if it's good enough to draw William Shatner away from WoW 

I was not a fan at all of the PE direction of the game, and made those feelings quite clear over on STO.net. And while the Cryptic version is still not going where I would like it to go, it's... better. Because they are doing some thing right, where it seemed PE was doing everything wrong.