Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does digital work after trial

grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Hello all. Im currently playing the 14 day trial and think i may be buying this game. My question is, if i purchase by d/load will it just d/load what i didint get with trial or will it re-download everything?  Thinking i might save some install time if i go digital over installing all the discs. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

Hello all. Im currently playing the 14 day trial and think i may be buying this game. My question is, if i purchase by d/load will it just d/load what i didint get with trial or will it re-download everything?  Thinking i might save some install time if i go digital over installing all the discs. Thanks everyone.

I would try to purchase a retail copy and download from the discs. I digitally downloaded EOF expansion and it took forever. All other expansions I used discs and it went smoother for me. Just get the latest expansion and it will have all other expansions and adventure paks.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Thanks for the info. That is what i will do then.

One more question. When i install the latest xpac will it reinstall everything i recieved in the trial or just do what is needed to be up to date? As you can probable tell this is my first purchsae after doing  a free trial.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

One more question. When i install the latest xpac will it reinstall everything i recieved in the trial or just do what is needed to be up to date? As you can probable tell this is my first purchsae after doing  a free trial.

Having not been in the trial I am not sure. However typically with most mmos it will reinstall the complete game which does not take long so should not be an issue. The update you get when you log on the first time is another thing all together. Depending on your computer, modem, connections speed, etc. it could take awhile to update so be prepared to wait a bit. Do not think that because you have the latest client to install that the game is updated and patched, it isn't.

it is my understanding that any patches released from the day the base game was released up until the release of the shadow odyssy  are included on the discs, hopefully this is correct and any patching after release of TSO will be minimal.. After reinstalling WOW along with BC after a computer meltdown im used to long installs  so if nothing else i will let it run overnight tonight and in the morning will see what is what .Thanks again for your help.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

You might look around at your account setup.  I'm not sure you need to buy the full game via digital download.  You might be able to go into the account you created with the trial and upgrade it.  I buddy of mine recently did this and was able to do with without buying the digital download...  Anyway I'm not sure what he did but I thought I'd mention it as there might be something there that will save you a bit.

---
    Ethion

i will check that out thank you

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if you are starting from the Trial,

all you need to do is start paying the monthly fee

- and you will own all expansions except the latest  (Shadow Odyssey)

everquest2.station.sony.com/freeTrial.vm

Trial Features:

* Free play for up to fourteen (14) consecutive days

* A complimentary digital copy of the EverQuest II Rise of Kunark starter pack when you convert to a monthly subscription plan for EQII.

* Includes Dessert of Flames™, Kingdom of Sky™, Echoes of Faydwer™ and Rise of Kunark™ expansion packs and The Bloodline Chronicles™, The Splitpaw Saga™ and The Fallen Dynasty™ adventure packs.

Activation Instructions:

1. Click 'Download EQII Trial Now' to download the Station Launcher Beta application

2. Create a Station Account or log in to your existing Station Account

3. Log in to Station Launcher and select EverQuest II Trial

4. Upon activation, an extended download period will begin

Thank you all for the info. I went ahead and bought TSO box, i thought for the money it was cheap enough for all the content and got the mount and other items for doing it.  Install was very fast from the dvd's. Thanks again.

• R4WkU5R4WkU5 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Does TSO offer anything for an early starting character btw or is it all end-game bases?

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by R4WkU5

Does TSO offer anything for an early starting character btw or is it all end-game bases?

TSO isn't all end game based, but it's all around 50+ IIRC, lot of new zones.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• R4WkU5R4WkU5 Member UncommonPosts: 66

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by skeaser

Originally posted by R4WkU5

TSO isn't all end game based, but it's all around 50+ IIRC, lot of new zones.

Actually TSO is really 75+.  You can go into some instances and they scale below 50 by you can't get any of the quests till 75 so you can't get any shards etc.  So below 75 TSO really doesn't offer anything that I think would be of interest to most players....

---
    Ethion