Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Hello there all!! My Fleet, {UFP} The Untied Federation of Planets is recruiting for ST:O.

The {UFP} is a 6+ year veteran of the Star Trek gaming scene. We've built up a solid player community in that time and a good reputation in the wider community. Our command structure is a seasoned one, made up of the most dedicated and long lasting members. Our membership comprises of many ages from teens to those in their 20's, 30's and 40's, and also from all over the world (Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Iceland, the Baltic countries and many more).

We support more Star Trek games than just ST: O. We also support EF1 with the RPG-X mod, Star Trek: Bridge Commander, Star Trek: Armada 1 & 2, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, Star Trek: Elite Force 2, and more....

We've been fortunate in recent weeks to recruit some highly capable new members who have shown great vision and ideas for our Star Trek: Online (ST:O) Division. We're excited over the prospects and determined to create an ST:O fleet our members can be proud of. Our newly formed ST:O Command usergroup (comprised of new and older members) is busy working with the information we have now to construct the finer details of our new division, however the {UFP} is open to all members input, whatever their rank or position.

Our rank structure is mature and valid, in that advancement has a direct correlation to involvement, both in game and out... you get out what you put in is our general policy. This ensures we maintain a stable and respected Chain of Command. With 6 years under our belt, you can be assured we are in it for the long haul.

If this sounds like your kind of fleet, check us out at www.ufplanets.com to learn more. Also feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Or if you have decided you are ready to come join our fleet go to www.ufplanets.com register a Username. Once logged in, Click on Public Comms > Join the Federation > New Recruits Report Here First . Copy the information, create a new post and fill out the information. Sign up today, you won't be disappointed.

Good luck to you in the future and be sure to tell them AlanShepard sent you!!

Crewman 3rd Class AlanShepard
Star Trek: Online Division, Administration Officer
{UFP} United Federation of Planets
http://www.ufplanets.com

Comments

• AlanShepardAlanShepard Member Posts: 10

Have you guys read the latest interview? Sounds promising . . .

http://sknr.net/2008/11/18/star-trek-online-interview/

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I am keeping an eye on this game. I am a Star Trek fan...but I don't know every detail...not a Trekker or Trekkie. I've seen 100% of the original series and ST:TNG.....100% of Theatrical releases....about 95% ST:DSN...45% ST:V and about 2% of Enterprise... Not sure if I'm keen on the "every ones a captain" idea.  I understand why they are doing it....and I am primarily a solo player...but this is one game where I think I would enjoy group play.....where a small "guild"/crew could be organized with each one performing their specific task...Science officer...Weapons...Navigator...Communications....perfect for what I see as a successful grouping opportunity. Everyone controlling an aspect of one thing..the ship.  I hope they include this option. 

The idea of everyone as "Master" of their vessal is the only way to go. What if no one else on your crew can play when you want to? You'd be left doing diagnostics and that would blow!!

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

COOOL, been waiting to see more details of STO to come out, have been playing Eve for 5 years, and, the last year have done nothing but log in to reset skills, and, chatting, I have found Eve to be actually quite boring, with no true enemy other than other players. they really need to beef up the NPCs and actually start getting the Devs and GMs to host some really good 'live events' that all game players can enjoy, just not a pvp tourny every 6 months  :(

I hear you Baxslash. This game will be VERY different. This web site is a little behind on news. Go to www.startrekonline.com they have a couple of new screenshots and interviews from the last week or so.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Good to see a fleet up and running already :)

On a different note a little quote taken from the latest Q & A that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Will a gang of smaller ships, say, several Bird-of-Preys, be able to take out something like a Warbird using superior tactics and numbers?

Yes. Since we’re not using a traditional level-based system, smaller ships with good tactics and teamwork can take on bigger ships with a solid chance of success.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by AlanShepard

Hello there all!! My Fleet, {UFP} The Untied Federation of Planets is recruiting for ST:O.

I tried so hard not to laugh at this, but failed miserably.

Anyway, I wish you luck in being allowed to call yourself UFP in game as I have a sneaky feeling there could be some conflicts of interest

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

If Cryptic go with there COX  character naming policy with STO we wil probably see a lot of fleets being called GenericFleet_105.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by jinxit

If Cryptic go with there COX  character naming policy with STO we wil probably see a lot of fleets being called GenericFleet_105.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking.

Whilst I'm not knocking the guild or its members, I think it's a bit of a silly name. It's like calling yourselves 'The Horde' in WoW, or 'The Empire' in Star Wars. Not many players outside of the guild would feel happy about it.

Still, like I said, I wish them luck in keeping their name in game.

Originally posted by darwa

Originally posted by jinxit

That's along the lines of what I was thinking.

Whilst I'm not knocking the guild or its members, I think it's a bit of a silly name. It's like calling yourselves 'The Horde' in WoW, or 'The Empire' in Star Wars. Not many players outside of the guild would feel happy about it.

Still, like I said, I wish them luck in keeping their name in game.

Well thanks for the luck. We have been around for over six years. Plus, we'll be using clan tags in game like every other game I would assume & {UFP} is ours.

Have you guys seen the new screen shots at www.StarTrekOnline.com? They look awsome.

The chick in the second one has the worm in her!!

Has anyone voted in the polls at www.StarTrekOnline.com yet?