Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old player just resubbed...

levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Hey guys,

I've been lurking in the MMORPG Vanguard forums for a few weeks now. I started playing Vanguard in late 2007. It had a lot of bugs and issues.

I went in, tried the trial, and realized I missed the game. Plus, a lot of people have been saying the main areas are much more refined now.

I am in North America, it turns out I made my original guys on Helgar without realizing it was an EU server! So now I have to start over again. I was only 14th level so I guess that's not a huge deal.

I'm going to be trying Xeth. I think I'll be on my new character, Mirlacus. If I make alts I'll add them here, look me up! I need some new lil buddies in Vanguard.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

Comments

• GladeousGladeous Member Posts: 49

Welcome back! Hope your is enjoyable.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Welcome back!

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Aye welcome back :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• tool321tool321 Member Posts: 24

i too am going to resub after not playing since a 3 months after the release. i played it from when servers came online until i couldnt handle the poor performance on my crappy compter. vanguard was my first mmo so the bugs didnt even phase me. Since then ive been more or less addicted to mmos and have played WoW, Lotro, Age of Conan and Pirates of the Burning Sea. Ive taken a break from all games for a couple months and have just upgraded my computer so im dyin to see how it is!!

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by levsix

Hey guys,
    I've been lurking in the MMORPG Vanguard forums for a few weeks now. I started playing Vanguard in late 2007. It had a lot of bugs and issues.
    I went in, tried the trial, and realized I missed the game. Plus, a lot of people have been saying the main areas are much more refined now.
    I am in North America, it turns out I made my original guys on Helgar without realizing it was an EU server! So now I have to start over again. I was only 14th level so I guess that's not a huge deal.
    I'm going to be trying Xeth. I think I'll be on my new character, Mirlacus. If I make alts I'll add them here, look me up! I need some new lil buddies in Vanguard.

Nice! I really think youll have the best experience on Seradon though.

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339

Make your character on Seradon.  The other servers are dead. D-E-D dead.  Even Seradon is struggling population wise.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

is xeth dead as well?

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

I re-subbed over the weekend after first playing in late 2007 as well.

Since then i have been around the block with AoC and recently WAR.

Although i really like WAR, i view it as more of a PvP game and have recently been missing PvE.

I was torn btwn going back to EQ2 or VG but after some fond memories of doing a dungeon (only did one)in VG, I chose to try VG again.

I started a new char (Blood Mage)on Trial Island map and was pleasantly suprised by the performance.

Even though i could not run the game on full, the graphics in this game are truley outstanding and when i rented a Unicorn to fly to a castle on a hill i was gobsmacked by the beauty of soaring through the sky on this majestic beast, at that moment it felt epic.

The main problem i had with this game before was the performance, now that has been fixed i will really get into this game and am looking forward to exploring the vast world, the numerous dungeons and trying some more of the diverse and unique classes.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I've been through what a lot of you have. Tried/played AoC, EQ2, Warhammer, LOTRO, etc...and went back to see where Vanguard was at out of desperation. For whatever reason, I'm enjoying it more than EQ2...which is not too bad of a game unto itself.

I went on Xeth but I guess some people are saying that was a bad move. Haha. Oh well. Maybe I'll make an alt there, all of my guys are 14th level or lower.

Hit me up in the game if you're starting over or low level. On Xeth my guys are Mirlacus, Filthsa, Pirl.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• BroxgarBroxgar Member Posts: 2

Well, you guys have totally sold me.  I played the "pre-release" deal, with the pre-order pack.  I was very much looking forward to this game from the moment I heard of it.

I was an EQ player back when it was the big boss on town.  I'll tell you, I still remember those expierences like they were yesterday.  Roaming the Butcher Block with my dwarf, waiting for a group to meet me at the chessboards.  Falling from the Wood Elf city in...Keldwer or somethin like that. 

Point being, I never got that feeling, those expierences to epic that I just couldn't forget them.  Hell to this day I still shiver when I hear something that reminds me of Crushbone Keep.  Orcs as far as the eye can see!  Just a good time and with good people who seemed to care about who they played with.

I yearn for a more mature player base too, which I feel VG can definatly offer.  I was about to get into Warhammer, but to tell the truth I'm just not that big of a PvP'er.  Dont' get me wrong, I do enjoy that aspect, but I love the PvE reltaionships that can be buit while playing with someone and trying to achieve the same goals. 

This, I do believe, will be my bread and butter so to speak.  I really  look forward to doing the trial isle and then moving on from there.  Just awaiting my new PC which should arrive in the next few days here. 

Quick question -- How do factions work for PC's in the game.  LIke for instance how would an "evil" race group with.  Say if i start an Orc, which I plan to do. How or whom can I group with, could i group with humans, or am i pretty much stuck to just be with the gobbies ?  Just curious how good and evil races interact.  Thanks people, hope to see you all out there!

I am the stone that the builder refused.

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

You can group with whomever you wish.  At launch, there was a Team PvP server.  But that got merged with the FFA PvP server, and it now FFA PvP.

Group with anyone.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

I played on release, gave it 6 months and came back to play a while longer then had to stop for other reasons.  I recently downloaded the trial on my new machine to try it out again.  Now I see my old server was turned into a EU server...lame since I did have quite a bit invested in my old characters.  35 disc and a 30 druid; both with ample gear/gold etc.  Makes me wonder if I can get them transferred to the US servers or if I would be promted to move them once I resubbed since it was changed when I was away?

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• EveeldourEveeldour Member UncommonPosts: 143

Yes, you can get them transferred. Do a /petition ingame, also you can only transfer a char once. Cya on Xeth ;)

Originally posted by Eveeldour

Yes, you can get them transferred. Do a /petition ingame, also you can only transfer a char once. Cya on Xeth ;)

Which server is the most populated?  No sense in playing on a ghost town...and I'm sure all of the people I used to play with no longer play.

------------------

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?

Seradon and Xeth are both very well populated, infact its hard to find a decent plot for your house. I personally play on Xeth and have had zero problems finding a group.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Welcome back!  VG seems to be rocking and rolling with a lot of new players and returning players.  Some entire guilds have returned to the game as well.  Getting a bit crowded on Seradon though :) 

Resubbed last night, forgot that I didn't have it updated on the old rig or actually installed on my new rig...took forever.

Turns out I was put on Xeth, guess because Halgar went EU they moved people off of it that weren't orig. EU players.  Now I just need to get it all mapped out on my N52 and get some time to play.

------------------

Yeah had to do the same with my Nostromo (N52) >:) Hit me up tonight, we just finished the Lord Tsangs Tomb Quest line.