Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a laptop

Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

So I've been inching out of AAA PC gaming for awhile and I don't feel like completely rebuilding my computer this year. I would also like to take my computer with me so that I work where ever I am and not have to juggle jumpdrives between multiple machines and formats. But! I still play games on my PC...

So I need a laptop that will run everything on Gametap. I'm thinking that if I get a machine that can run Warhammer Online at max settings I'll be fine. The catch is that I don't want to spend more than $800.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• tool321tool321 Member Posts: 24

I recently picked up the ASUS Notebook G50VT and its been a dream.

4 gigs of RAM 

Nvidia GeForce 9800m GS 512mb

320gb hard drive space 

Intel core 2 duo p8400 2.26ghz 2.27ghz

it ran a little over $1100 but i can safely say i can run any game on max settings. it stays relativaly cool until you put a heavy load on it but i picked up a 30 dollar cooling pad and that alone helps. i havnt tried warhammer on it yet but im positive it can run it on max. 

if your willing to shell out a little bit more cash this is the best "bang for the buck"

• PezheadPezhead Member Posts: 149

ASUS Notebook G50VT

Dang man, that has got to be the best priced gaming laptop i have seen in... well... EVER!

Its an "M GS" but still, it's a 9800 512.... what a bargain, for the same price you can get a laptop with a 9600m GS.  Now that $1100 price was only a promotional, and it's over now, but for $1300, by far the best bang for buck.

It's almost 2010, and I am just not wiling to tolerate clunky graphics while being told that "gameplay is more important than graphics". That excuse won't wash with me any more. I expect my games to have both good graphics and good gameplay.
    -Quote Isoke(VN boards)

• tool321tool321 Member Posts: 24

yes it is a very good deal. id easily compare it to a mid to low end alienware but for literally, thousands less. alienware is a glorified XPS and all they are selling is the name and the cool looking shell