Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game most like Asherons Call.....maybe it

Been reading the Mortal Online website and it seems like the game ive been lookin for for about.....ummmm 9yrs now lol.  I played WoW for about 2yrs and i liked it (Im an MMO Junkie what can i say).  Played EQ1 and EQ2 and Guild Wars and yadda yadda yadda.  Ive been waitin for a game that yas almost a class free system.  Where you can be what you want to be, which to me is the most fun.  In AC i was a Melee D, UA char.  It wasnt the strongest but it was what i liked.  Ive tried LoTR (not a single class really interested me at all)l.  Tried WAR (the fact that there is almost zero PvE , Public quests suck, is really annoying.  Also recently resubbed Vanguard (played at release) but the world is so empty is really lacks the multiplayer aspect.

I dont know.  Seems Mortal Online may be the game alot of us old school MMORPG vets are lookin for.  Almost funny how i say old school cause im only 27 lol.

If anyone else has another P2P game in mind post a comment.  All the F2P stuff is so bland and "fun for a weekend sort of thing.  AoC is fun for me now.

Just a rant after throwing back more then i should :)

Comments

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

I as well haven't enjoyed a game as much as I used to enjoy AC. Seems that every game that comes out is basing it's combat and leveling systems off of EQ when I always felt AC was much better. Haven't read anything about Mortal Online yet, but if it is more like AC than the other games out there I will have to check it out.

• usnavynucusnavynuc Member Posts: 40

As far as i can tell Mortal Online is really the next Asheron's Call type of game.  All i can say is visit www.mortalonline.com and click on the overview link.  If that does remid you of AC then i dont know what will.  Even the thought of a newer game that focuses on skills and allows you to be anything you want is very inspiring.

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91

I can see where you're coming from, but I seem to be getting a UO vibe to be honest.

Well UO and AC were basically the first two (AC was so much better then EQ1 so dont even bother with that subject).  Either way it seems what alot of MMO vets are looking for.  Which would be why there are so many disgruntled (sp?) MMOers waiting for "That" game.

• duskydusky Member Posts: 6

Thanks for the info.

AC was always my favorite game..played up until WoW was released and could never find a good replacement. I will check out Mortal Online.

I mean is any newer game ever close to like AC.  As far as skill orientation goes.  I miss killing things and every single point of experiance i earned i chose which skill to put it towards.