Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soooo...

When is it expected to come out in U.S if it hasnt already. I also got to thinking about pvp and roleplaying. Will there be any form of them such as in WoW the roleplaying specific realms and the horde/alliance warring?

Comments

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

The first 2 posts in this forum have links and access to all the information that has been released so far. If you don't find an answer to your questions there then Bioware hasn't spoken about it.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

I'm thinking this game will be a roleplayers dream and a pvp/hardcore gamers nightmare.

The roleplay part is 99.9% guaranteed, but I still have my hopes that they don't carebear the pvp up with instances and no world pvp.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by Sabiancym

I'm thinking this game will be a roleplayers dream and a pvp/hardcore gamers nightmare.

The roleplay part is 99.9% guaranteed, but I still have my hopes that they don't carebear the pvp up with instances and no world pvp.

i dont think anyone knows anywhere near enough info on the game to make that assumption. You are right though, teh RP is a given with what we know. But all we know is that the game will be story driven.

to the OP, you should check out the official forums at www.swtor.com

• demalusdemalus Member Posts: 401

I expect this game to have as much RP as WoW.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

Something I hope Bioware is aware of is that if you are having a game heavily focused on story, the story cannot be static if you wish to maintain players for longer periods of times. This is something that FC is having a serious problem with; no matter what race you make your character or what class, you will follow the same story as everyone else.

As far as we know, they plan on making an original story for each class, whether that comes true or not is unknown. I think that if they did this, they'd be in great shape, as when most people reroll they aren't going to roll a class that they already have (in most cases). However, if you follow the monotonous storyline of AoC, it turns the game into grinding. For AoC, story isn't their main feature, so that isn't the biggest of their many problems. However, if the same story were true for SWTOR, the game would be dead if they plan on making RP and storyline one of the biggest features of the games. And in all honesty, I don't see why not; Bioware is the king when it comes to story, at least from all the games I've played from them.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...