Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most achievements fell in one to three days

Considering that the game released on Nov 13 I find it somewhat surprising that so many achievements could be reached in 1 to 3 days.

• less than a day to reach the highest skil levels in a lot of professions.
  • one day to reach level 80 on all characters
  • two days to reach a level 80 on a deathknight
  • three days to beat possibly all dungeons on heroic difficulty

See them here:

http://www.wowarmory.com/?rhtml=y

On my server I still occasionally see heroic achievements being displayed (they are bugged, the same person is announced for the entire raid).

Overall I doubt that Blizzard had expected it to be quite as quick. I don't think  BC being quite this easy to finish.

Comments

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

go outside

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• happytklzhappytklz Member Posts: 128

Really just a longer version of pervious response:  The focus on reaching the "end" of an MMO, or on having the best gear the quickest, is the number one joykiller (with griefing being a close second) in these games.

It's a journey, or it's no fun. 

Yep, go outside.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Take the advice above!

• LuckyPuppyLuckyPuppy Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Channce

go outside

To clarify, because it sounds like you are answering what you think that I said, rather what I actually stated. It is not me who has done these. The link I provided show that these can be done in a few days.

Is this typical for MMOS?

For example if you took the latest expansion pack for EQ2 or LOTRO (I  have not played either game), is it possible to clear the most difficult dungeon in two days?

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by LuckyPuppy

go outside

To clarify, because it sounds like you are answering what you think that I said, rather what I actually stated. It is not me who has done these. The link I provided show that these can be done in a few days.

For example if you took the latest expansion pack for EQ2 or LOTRO (I  have not played either game), is it possible to clear the most difficult dungeon in two days?

Yes, it's typical for any game, including MMORPGS. People will always find ways to be the first to do something, that's just how it is. If you cannot handle the fact that there will always be someone willing to put the effort into doing something quicker then everyone else, then gaming is probably not for you. 

Almost everyone wants to be the best, and they will do whatever they feel possible to do so.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

go outside

These can be done in a couple days if you've got no life and enjoy staring at your computer for 23 hours a day, in addition to having lots of gold to burn (professions) or the backing of a like-minded guild with lots of practice in beta/PTR (end-game content).  What people seem to miss, is the point of MMOs is not to clear everything as fast as possible.  All you gain from that is being able to faceroll the opposing faction for a couple weeks (if you're even into PvP).  It's about the community and experiencing the content.  When you're totally zoned out and hopped up on energy drinks as you grind mobs for the 34th hour, I wouldn't call that experiencing the content or even remotely enjoyable.  And really, have you come across a single game that couldn't be "finished" (as in, reach level cap, finish main storyline, etc) in less than three straight days?  Bethesda designed the main storyline in Oblivion to take about 40 hours.  Hell, Gears of War 2 took me and my roommate less than 12 hours.  Did we beat it on insane difficulty?  No.  Did we explore every corner of the world and discover all the secrets?  No.  Did we practise until we were so proficient at it that we spent more time watching the loading screen and cutscenes than actually playing?  No.  But we wrapped the game.  Think back to the old days... if you're old enough to have played Super Mario 3 on the NES, would you say the game was good value for your money?  I would.  But it's beatable in what, 7 minutes?  And I've seen a video of someone beating Half-Life in just 42 minutes.  It took me that long just to finish the first chapter, first time I played the game.  Obviously 99% of gamers are nowhere near that.  But it's the same idea... are you gonna write off your own experience, before you even have it, because someone else did it better? 

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

I didn't want to post this but I will the responses above me are incorrect.   The problem with comparing wow to other mmos like eq or lotro (fyi lotro is easier than eq) is that wow is perhaps the most casual player friendly game available on the market.  It didn't start out nearly as easy as it is today but was fairly casual friendly from the beginning.   What has happened is that blizzard has continually "dumbed down" the game to increase their player base.  So the "hardcore" players are able to easily beat the new content because it was created for the casual player not the hardcore.  So if you want a fun game you only have to play a little bit at a time wow is for you if you want something more challenging don't play wow cause you'll max out your stats and gear way to fast and just be playing the waiting game till the next xpac.

Originally posted by 123443211234

I didn't want to post this but I will the responses above me are incorrect.   The problem with comparing wow to other mmos like eq or lotro (fyi lotro is easier than eq) is that wow is perhaps the most casual player friendly game available on the market.  It didn't start out nearly as easy as it is today but was fairly casual friendly from the beginning.   What has happened is that blizzard has continually "dumbed down" the game to increase their player base.  So the "hardcore" players are able to easily beat the new content because it was created for the casual player not the hardcore.  So if you want a fun game you only have to play a little bit at a time wow is for you if you want something more challenging don't play wow cause you'll max out your stats and gear way to fast and just be playing the waiting game till the next xpac.

Sadly, your wall of text is also "incorrect". That is only your opinion, nothing more. WoW has always been casual friendly, but in the last two years they have found a good middle ground between hardcore and casual. I would much prefer a company atleast attempt to create fun and involving content for the majority of it's playerbase instead of the small elitist minority who will never be pleased.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

What game out there do you guys think you can play that isn't as "dumbed down" as WoW(I'm asking because I want to play it)?

Please, don't say that game where you fly around in circles, and most of your time spent is going from point A to point B.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

I would say EQ2 still has a good challange level to it, its been made eaiser but is still not a walk to get to 80, WotLK has some GREAT content the quest lines (if you read them) are well thought out and fun, but sad to say most of the people that play WoW play for quick levels and good loot, and thats what blizzard gives them.

Originally posted by Kalmarth

I would say EQ2 still has a good challange level to it, its been made eaiser but is still not a walk to get to 80, WotLK has some GREAT content the quest lines (if you read them) are well thought out and fun, but sad to say most of the people that play WoW play for quick levels and good loot, and thats what blizzard gives them.

EQ2, imo, is just as dumbed down as WoW if not more. You can even single pull mobs in EQ2 that are next to each other. There are solo instances in the classic areas, and splitpaw. Saying that EQ2 doesn't have as fast as a leveling system(or looting system) as WOW just shows your bias. Funny, since it was EQ2 that completely changed its game within the first 4 months to be a mirror image of WOW.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Considering that the game released on Nov 13 I find it somewhat surprising that so many achievements could be reached in 1 to 3 days.
    less than a day to reach the highest skil levels in a lot of professions. one day to reach level 80 on all characters two days to reach a level 80 on a deathknight three days to beat possibly all dungeons on heroic difficulty
    See them here:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/?rhtml=y
    On my server I still occasionally see heroic achievements being displayed (they are bugged, the same person is announced for the entire raid).
    Overall I doubt that Blizzard had expected it to be quite as quick. I don't think  BC being quite this easy to finish.

Not really any major surprise that some of the achievements were completed so quickly, it just highlights the minor downside to Blizzards open Beta testing in that so many people had access to content for so long that they had all the required information to complete these things so quickly. BTW, are you sure it isn't the guild name being displayed for these achievement announcements you have seen, not individual names.

Overall though, it really depends on the server as to how quickly these things are being completed, had notification tonight on 'Emerald Dream' EU server of the first Guild to complete Naxx.

I sorta feel sorry for those that have blasted through the content at this rate as i think they are missing out on a lot, it is always nice to be high level and have all the nice gear, but i am gonna enjoy my 'stroll' to 80 instead.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• LuckyPuppyLuckyPuppy Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by jason_webb
    BTW, are you sure it isn't the guild name being displayed for these achievement announcements you have seen, not individual names.

I searched for the name and I happened to find a toon named Caida I think  (the name that was displayed). But now that you mention it, it could have been a guild name as well.

As for the rest of the folks who seem to get so worked up over this issue. Remember all I asked was whether this is typical or not for MMOS. I know that for EvE Online there is a real-time component that would preclude one from getting to a certain level in one day.  

The long beta might explain it, some people already know the game very well.

Originally posted by jason_webb
    BTW, are you sure it isn't the guild name being displayed for these achievement announcements you have seen, not individual names.

I searched for the name and I happened to find a toon named Caida I think  (the name that was displayed). But now that you mention it, it could have been a guild name as well.

As for the rest of the folks who seem to get so worked up over this issue. Remember all I asked was whether this is typical or not for MMOS. I know that for EvE Online there is a real-time component that would preclude one from getting to a certain level in one day.  

The long beta might explain it, some people already know the game very well.

You registered with this site, and then created a thread. You're trying to say other people are getting worked up? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm just having a good laugh at others expense.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

WoW's difficulty level has been a constant see-saw.  If you believe otherwise, you are ignorant of WoW's history.

Original Raid content: Bizzarely easy.  Engame Raid: UBRS.  Scholomance, Stratholme consisted of lesser endgame content, 10 man instances.  Could be handled by most groups as 8 man, and good groups could do it 5 man pretty easy.  Even UBRS, the 'ultimate' instance, was nothing special.

Molten Core/Ony: The addition of 40 man content.  Originally tough, mainly because guilds used to small instance runs had to adapt to 40 man.  Poorly designed, and frankly 20 of the people in your group were bench warmers.  Onyxia was the worst, and was eventually taken down by 3 people at level 60 (an absurdly easy encounter). 

BWL/AQ  - A new, interesting level of design.  WoW got a lot harder, a lot faster.  A level of coordination is required. 

Naxx - highest difficulty level (perhaps we should say absurd). 

TBC: Original content: Pretty easy.  Kara was honestly not much of a challenge.  Gruul and Mags, as originally launched, were quite amazingly buggy.  They were nerfed, although it's questionable if that's a difficulty thing or a bug fix thing.

TK/SSC - a high level of challenge.  TK was very well balanced, though SSC had some issues (to quote the guild that downed Vashj, the entire encounter was impossible - it was entirely luck based, and if you performed perfectly (i.e. no mistakes at any point) you had a 15-20% chance of winning, based entirely on factors outside your control (who she mind controlled and killed).  

BT/Hyjal - difficulty was medium, generally similar in level to TK/SSC.

Sunwell - one of the best designed instances in the game.  Considered very very challenging, and very difficult.

Naxxramus - reportedly quite easy for experienced raiding guilds. 

Based on this, do you think we're on the Molten Core/Kara stage of the cycle?  

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• BerndrBerndr Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by brostyn

EQ2, imo, is just as dumbed down as WoW if not more. You can even single pull mobs in EQ2 that are next to each other. There are solo instances in the classic areas, and splitpaw. Saying that EQ2 doesn't have as fast as a leveling system(or looting system) as WOW just shows your bias. Funny, since it was EQ2 that completely changed its game within the first 4 months to be a mirror image of WOW.

what the hell are you talking about ??????

Eq2 came out 2 month before WOW and how on earth they could change it into the game at the start that was not even out yet //.

EQ2 is nothing like wow  

go somwhere else troll

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by Berndr

Eq2 came out 2 month before WOW and how on earth they could change it into the game at the start that was not even out yet //.

EQ2 is nothing like wow  

go somwhere else troll

I agree, I play both and they are very diffrent, if your saying that they are both fantasy based then yes they are the same but thats like saying EvE is the same because its not a real world game.

EQ2's level of diffuculty is much higher than WoW's, it's raids are Insanely hard, where as they have dumbed down the WoW raids to the point of a 6 year old could do it.

as for changing the whole game after 4 months you really don't know what your talking about on this front, EQ2's biggest change eairy on was to get rid of the quest to pick your class, instead you start as you mean to go on.

Take this as a WoW hate post as you obviously have, but its not, I play both and love both for diffrent reasons, I also play WAR for good PvP because its not in WoW or EQ2.

Originally posted by Sharajat

WoW's difficulty level has been a constant see-saw.  If you believe otherwise, you are ignorant of WoW's history.
    Original Raid content: Bizzarely easy.  Engame Raid: UBRS.  Scholomance, Stratholme consisted of lesser endgame content, 10 man instances.  Could be handled by most groups as 8 man, and good groups could do it 5 man pretty easy.  Even UBRS, the 'ultimate' instance, was nothing special.
    Molten Core/Ony: The addition of 40 man content.  Originally tough, mainly because guilds used to small instance runs had to adapt to 40 man.  Poorly designed, and frankly 20 of the people in your group were bench warmers.  Onyxia was the worst, and was eventually taken down by 3 people at level 60 (an absurdly easy encounter). 
    BWL/AQ  - A new, interesting level of design.  WoW got a lot harder, a lot faster.  A level of coordination is required. 
    TBC: Original content: Pretty easy.  Kara was honestly not much of a challenge.  Gruul and Mags, as originally launched, were quite amazingly buggy.  They were nerfed, although it's questionable if that's a difficulty thing or a bug fix thing.
    TK/SSC - a high level of challenge.  TK was very well balanced, though SSC had some issues (to quote the guild that downed Vashj, the entire encounter was impossible - it was entirely luck based, and if you performed perfectly (i.e. no mistakes at any point) you had a 15-20% chance of winning, based entirely on factors outside your control (who she mind controlled and killed).  
    Sunwell - one of the best designed instances in the game.  Considered very very challenging, and very difficult.

What you just described is not "see-sawing" it's called progression. I'm not quite sure you fully understand the concept so i'll try to explain.

Beginner dungeons are considered "entry level" which will help funnel players into the harder raids by giving them experience and gear to progress to the next tier. So if this logic were to be put into Wow, it would obviously look exactly as you just wrote it.

Vanilla: MC>Ony>BWL.AQ>Naxx

TBC: Kara>Mag/other guy(forgot name)>SSC/TK>Hyjal>BT>Sunwell

Wrath: Naxx> and so on.

So by using this logic, whenever a new expansion comes out they reset the challenge level of the entry level raid allowing players to gear up and expand their knowledge to prepare for the next tier. It's almost exactly how EQ and EQ do their raid system. It's nothing new and it's definitely not "see-sawing", it's progression.

~ ~

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

go outside

just reading those stats makes me want to go outside.

as for completing a game asap i have always said and always will say.  Games are about the journey...not the final destination. 

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• NocumaNocuma Member Posts: 97

Originally posted by Berndr

EQ2 is nothing like wow  

go somwhere else troll

I agree, I play both and they are very diffrent, if your saying that they are both fantasy based then yes they are the same but thats like saying EvE is the same because its not a real world game.

EQ2's level of diffuculty is much higher than WoW's, it's raids are Insanely hard, where as they have dumbed down the WoW raids to the point of a 6 year old could do it.

as for changing the whole game after 4 months you really don't know what your talking about on this front, EQ2's biggest change eairy on was to get rid of the quest to pick your class, instead you start as you mean to go on.

Take this as a WoW hate post as you obviously have, but its not, I play both and love both for diffrent reasons, I also play WAR for good PvP because its not in WoW or EQ2.

As for EQ2 I dont know of any guild on any server that has down all the raid bosses yet. Im sure the same goes for Avatars.

But some of the open zones ( non dungeon) have been dumb down in EQ2. Paddly Foot ( or what ever his name is) Use to be a Epic x2 when EQ2 first open.. now hes a ^ mob. Some of this may have been to get the less hardcore players in to EQ2. 

They have taken out a lot of things from EQ2 from launch that has made it easier.

* No more Soul Shards

*No more group debt ( if someone died in your group... the whole group shared that members debt. So if you sucked... GL on getting a group)

* Most non-dungeon zones have had their mobs dumb down ( not as many ^ or ^^ or ^^^)

*Even Tradeskills have been made easier ( i remember i was forging some armor for my guardian and i got two bad hits and i was dead... yes.. the forge killed me. I got exp debt and my gear took 10% dmg).

But as for the raids; Those are still the most challanging raids im have done. (Yes there are some raid bosses that are easy... depending on your gear and the skill of your players). But mobs like Trak... Byzola... even Kpul D'Vngur can be a pain if ppl are not on their game. And Avatar's ... thats a whole new ball game there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by pandrax

Originally posted by Sharajat

What you just described is not "see-sawing" it's called progression. I'm not quite sure you fully understand the concept so i'll try to explain.

Beginner dungeons are considered "entry level" which will help funnel players into the harder raids by giving them experience and gear to progress to the next tier. So if this logic were to be put into Wow, it would obviously look exactly as you just wrote it.

Vanilla: MC>Ony>BWL.AQ>Naxx

TBC: Kara>Mag/other guy(forgot name)>SSC/TK>Hyjal>BT>Sunwell

Wrath: Naxx> and so on.

So by using this logic, whenever a new expansion comes out they reset the challenge level of the entry level raid allowing players to gear up and expand their knowledge to prepare for the next tier. It's almost exactly how EQ and EQ do their raid system. It's nothing new and it's definitely not "see-sawing", it's progression.

You give fish lectures on swimming too, right?

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson