Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A game where priests and druids outdamage rogues is stupid

Shadow priest putting out 20% more damage than me, I played a rogue for 3 years, topped dps in Naxx, topped in BT/Sunwell until our BM hunters geared up properly (and before our destrolocks started getting the same number of bloodlusts as the melee group)

And don't get me started on moonkins.

Class balance in wotlk is a total joke. Keyboard turning clicker retri paladins who can kill gladiator standard warriors and warlocks by facerolling alone, druids outdamaging warriors and warlocks in raids while providing better utility

What happened to the game we used to enjoy, I think WoW is just a total joke atm

{ Mod Edit }

Comments

• AhilesAhiles Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

Shadow priest putting out 20% more damage than me, I played a rogue for 3 years, topped dps in Naxx, topped in BT/Sunwell until our BM hunters geared up properly (and before our destrolocks started getting the same number of bloodlusts as the melee group)

Class balance in wotlk is a total joke. Keyboard turning clicker retri paladins who can kill gladiator standard warriors and warlocks by facerolling alone, druids outdamaging warriors and warlocks in raids while providing better utility

What happened to the game we used to enjoy, I think WoW is just a total joke atm

{ Mod Edit }

Oh god greyhoof, we know you hate wow, you start a new wow hating thread every day.  Seriuosly we get it.  Now why dont you take your bags and piss of somewhere else.  Or is your facsination so deep, that you cant do anythign but talk about wow, even though you hate it?  Serioosly does anyone take this guy for real anymore?.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Shadow priest putting out 20% more damage than me, I played a rogue for 3 years, topped dps in Naxx, topped in BT/Sunwell until our BM hunters geared up properly (and before our destrolocks started getting the same number of bloodlusts as the melee group)

{ Mod Edit }

Quit with your hating.  We all know how you feel about WoW, posting a new rant every four days isn't gonna convert anyone here.

And BTW, /disagree.  If your single-target raid DPS is getting topped by equally-geared spriests and moonkins then you're either not optimally specced or not optimally playing your class, or both.  Of course, we're all pretty sure you're just talking out your ass.  How many more toons are you gonna pull out with ludicrous claims?  Let me guess:  in addition to this rogue of yours and your buddy's rogue that you've already gotten to 73 in your spare time between leveling your warrior to 80 and farming free epix from 25 man Naxx, you've probably got a shaman that was on a 2200 rated 5v5 arena team back before Blizz implemented/modified/removed (insert random invalid complaint), and a random "I'm bored" huntard that you maxxed out and geared in welfare epix in about five hours /played spread out over three days, plus half a dozen level 29 twinks that you've dropped two grand each into for gear and enchants, and all this in addition to your original holy priest that you main healed MC and BWL with for your battlegroup-first guild back in the day.  If you really hate the game as much as you want us to believe, then quit and GTFO this forum, 'coz you ain't winning any converts.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

Is there some magical troll points you are accumulating? 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670

There must be some sort of achievement he is trying to unlock. It must have a title, something like: WoW basher

• UniveUnive Member Posts: 133

Shadow priest putting out 20% more damage than me, I played a rogue for 3 years, topped dps in Naxx, topped in BT/Sunwell until our BM hunters geared up properly (and before our destrolocks started getting the same number of bloodlusts as the melee group)
    { Mod Edit }

Im a shadow priest and I 100% agree with you, except my rant is a bit different. But along the same lines. You talk about Druids outdamageing you but lets not forget they can respec and outheal a PRIEST a HOLY SPECCED PRIEST. There is no LOGIC in that what so ever, just as there is no logic that a druid can outdamage a rogue.  Druids are utility classes just like you said they are not ment to be good at every role in the game. Its stupid and I agree. They need to stop nerfing everything in the name of balance and just bring the other classes up to par.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Maybe its about solo-bility?? If they make some classes to weak then people will cry about not being strong enough to solo. Maybe balance to them is to have an option of being able to solo all the way to 80 without too many problems.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

{ Mod Edit }

hey! i thought you were busy doing Tier 4 ORvR on karak eight peaks where oh so many people plays every day and it is oh so much fun.

So if that is true, what are you doing playing your rogue??

Honestly, I am having enough of you, OP.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

{ Mod Edit }

ROFL, my last post was removed apparently because it is wrong to point out Greyhooff's posts are all the same and boring to the point of tears.

To satiate the requirements of posting i will point out that your thread is redundant as it all comes down to factors of peoples experience, ability to know and employ their skills in play and of course the fact that you just hate the game.

With my rogue (although still only 72 at this point) i have won and lost against various characters in PvP, some of it down to their gear, some of it down to me screwing up my attack sequence and some of it down to their lack of ability, it varies heavily and that is what balance is all about. I don't expact to win fights against the guy who spends 24/7 in battlegrounds and arena's as that is his area of the game and not mine, but then again i also realise that it is just a game and win or lose it is about the entertainment factor, not a matter of life and death.

I hope that this satisfies the mods requirements for a post now as it seems irony or having a bit of fun is no longer allowed.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654
    Originally posted by Volkmar

{ Mod Edit }

hey! i thought you were busy doing Tier 4 ORvR on karak eight peaks where oh so many people plays every day and it is oh so much fun.

So if that is true, what are you doing playing your rogue??

Honestly, I am having enough of you, OP.

You guys seem to think that if you play one game, you're not allowed to play the other, or you have to hate other mmo's

I play both, was doing WAR last night, WoW the night before. I have friends and guilds in both games, and I have a lot of free time which allows me to perhaps spend more time playing, which is why I can sustain 2 mmo's at the same time.

And it's not my rogue, my rogue is still 70. This was a friend's rogue that I'm doing raids with (malygos is the hardest fight in wotlk, but it's still easy and phase 3 was extremely disappointing) so he can get his drops (I can't justify taking my 80 TG warrior to them as I likely won't play him for very long)

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Right, your "friend" spent long days rushing to level 80, joined some super guild that is amongst the worlds best and quickest to kill the raid content all just to not raid and let you play his character.   Seriously that is what you want people to believe, because everyone knows you can't do that yourself since you have been busy playing Warhammer.  Your friend spent all that time building up a character just to let you play him. 

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off. 

As to your point that you pretend to be interested in.  Preists, mages, druids, warlocks, hunters will all outdamage a rogue on meters right now, because they are area effect classes.  They all cast big spells on large groups of monsters.   The damage is misleading as rogues, if played properly can outdamage any class in the game. 

If any of those classes are outdamaging you in single target combat I can state with absolute certainty that the problem is not the game, but with your ability to play the game with the basic apptitude. 

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

You guys seem to think that if you play one game, you're not allowed to play the other, or you have to hate other mmo's
    I play both, was doing WAR last night, WoW the night before. I have friends and guilds in both games, and I have a lot of free time which allows me to perhaps spend more time playing, which is why I can sustain 2 mmo's at the same time.
    And it's not my rogue, my rogue is still 70. This was a friend's rogue that I'm doing raids with (malygos is the hardest fight in wotlk, but it's still easy and phase 3 was extremely disappointing) so he can get his drops (I can't justify taking my 80 TG warrior to them as I likely won't play him for very long)

It has nothing to do with how many games you play and which games you play, you could be playing a different game every day of the week if you so choose, it is your free time to do whatever you wish. What is so annoying is that you seem to be playing a game which you clearly hate and spend an inordinate amount of time rubbishing it here.

If the game is so poor and WAR is so perfect then that is your view and you are entitled to it, but there are plenty of people that are enjoying it and i personally prefer to read valid and well laid out issues people have with the game rather than rantings from a hater.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

If Druids were not somewhat on par damage or healing-wise with the other classes then there really wouldn't be too much of a point to playing them.  What you fail to realize is that while their damage/healing may be equal/better in some cases, they lack your specializations and skills.  As a feral Druid in cat form I may be able to out DPS a rogue, yet if the tide changes you have a myriad of skills to dissapear or get the enemy off you, giving you a chance to re-engage in your favor.  My option?  Well, I can try and run away and once I'm eventually out of combat I can re-stealth.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Warrior's concern in tanking isn't necessarily DPS but threat generation.  Plus the fact that Druids maintain their aggro through damage makes the argument of Druid DPS > Warrior DPS moot, as there's obviously a reason for it.

------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Losing to a feral druid and shadow priest? Man, this couldn't be more of an L2P issue. Link to your armory please?

Get some gear and stop talking smack.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Nobody said you can't play both.  But all your posts here are "wow sux, war is sooo much better" so we're just wondering why, oh why, you persist in playing a game you hate so very much.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NocumaNocuma Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by Rocktober

If Druids were not somewhat on par damage or healing-wise with the other classes then there really wouldn't be too much of a point to playing them.  What you fail to realize is that while their damage/healing may be equal/better in some cases, they lack your specializations and skills.  As a feral Druid in cat form I may be able to out DPS a rogue, yet if the tide changes you have a myriad of skills to dissapear or get the enemy off you, giving you a chance to re-engage in your favor.  My option?  Well, I can try and run away and once I'm eventually out of combat I can re-stealth.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Warrior's concern in tanking isn't necessarily DPS but threat generation.  Plus the fact that Druids maintain their aggro through damage makes the argument of Druid DPS > Warrior DPS moot, as there's obviously a reason for it.

Well if a druid can do both roles just as good if not better then the others... why play the others? ( besides the buffs that is and aggro meters are everyones freind). I think thats what he was getting at.... or maybe i read to much in to his post

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    Originally posted by templarga 
    So again, why do you play greyhoof? Not that you cannot or should not play more than one game but WHY do you play WOW if you want to bash it so much?

Like I said previously, he's either a liar or a self-loathing idiot. 

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Nocuma

Well if a druid can do both roles just as good if not better then the others... why play the others? ( besides the buffs that is and aggro meters are everyones freind). I think thats what he was getting at.... or maybe i read to much in to his post

I understand what you're getting at, that was why I was trying to point out that even if a Feral Druid in cat form is out DPSing him as a Rogue, there's still reasons why a Rogue is better suited for the fight: namely being if things turn sour, a Rogue has more disengagement options; as a cat my only option is to A. Run, or B. Stop attacking so that someone else can gain aggro.

But anyways, this is all from someone who doesn't raid to begin with so I'm not "down" with all the calculations, DPS meters and what not.  In the end, my personal opinion is that ALL of the classes are necessary and have their spot in a fight.  As a Restoration Druid from day one I've always seen myself as a backup/secondary healer.  I can throw my HoTs around, while the Priest takes care of any big health losses.  With a Dreamstate Druid, I can do that, as well as have the option of throwing in some Moonfire/Insect Swarms and what not to help in that regard as well.  That's just my personal opinion and way of doing things, and I've never had a problem..then again, like I said I've never done any of those big dungeons/raids either.. *shrug*

------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

AOE is NOT single target.  Learn the difference.  

• MalvolentiaMalvolentia Member Posts: 253

{ Mod Edit }

Had the same issue with my rogue against a ret paladin.  They can pretty much faceroll now.

For as much as Blizzard usually gets right they really catered to the retards this time around.

WoW fanboi: "lolz 11.5 million customers, itz obviously da best"

McDonald's: over 1 billion burgers served

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Wow as it is , is giving almost all class chance to build make through specc / enchants,profesions bonuses,gear,  a great dps output .  The shadow priest and boomkin u refer will see my back ,in dmg , i will see the back of a fury warlock , e.t.c. not to mention the dmg in pve also has to do with the group setup ,buffs e.t.c.

Dont forget wow new talents /skills are made in WOTLK  conserning mostly arena balancing each class and not pve.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Magic based classes will outperform melee based classes when people are still undergeared, as it's happening in the early stages of this expansion. When things settle again and people update their gear, you'll see balance restored as well. It happened before as well, so I expect it to happen again.

This will hold true for the priest vs druid argument. Funnily enough, priests are the most gear dependant of the healing classes.

Why am I replying to this thread again? I had the OP blocked for a reason, can't stand lies.

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119

You constantly praise WAR in their forums:

fx. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2478085#2478085

And you constantly bash WoW in this forum - stop trolling and enjoy what ever game you like.

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Malvolentia

{ Mod Edit }

Had the same issue with my rogue against a ret paladin.  They can pretty much faceroll now.

For as much as Blizzard usually gets right they really catered to the retards this time around.

Seriously - why is retribution paladins retards now? They've had four years of being stunlocked so they couldn't do anything to rogues, but because the chances are even now you complain?

Fact is that game is a lot more balanced now than it has ever been, for all classes and specs.