Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just for the hell of it... Best graphics from a Free 2 play mmorpg you ever seen?

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I know F2P mmorpgs generally suck, I am a proud member of the Pay 2 play club. But A lot of Free 2 play mmorpgs have some really impressive visuals despite their less than garbage game play.  So which Free 2 play mmorpg do you think has the best graphics overall you have ever seen. Lets not get all tech about graphics ether, I know some games are all the same textures or don't let you customize so thats why the graphics look so good (like Sword of the new world). But Just visually speaking (Special effects, and all)which do you think has better graphics out of the Free 2 play trash?

Im sorry If i missed a nice looking free 2 play mmorpg, I only put up the best looking ones that I can remember. So if you know of one that has overall better visuals let me know

My personal vote, Cabal online, only by a hair above sword of the new world, why because of its amazing special effects when you use the skills.

Comments

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

I've never played it, but from screenshots and from what I hear, perfect world has some pretty graphics.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

silkroad and requiem.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Requiem is terrible ._. everything is covered in blood, with extra blood falling out of your enemies bodies, with blood randomly spatturing off your weapon, the sky randomly raining blood, etc..

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Sword Of The New World would definitely get my vote. Not only is it graphically more pleasant on the eyes than the other games listed, but the architecture and scenery I got to see through the early levels were really well done.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Sword Of The New World would definitely get my vote. Not only is it graphically more pleasant on the eyes than the other games listed, but the architecture and scenery I got to see through the early levels were really well done.

Yeah, I did beta on that and it was pretty nice looking for a freebie. But I haven't played to many free MMORPG's. I definately will keep an eye on this thread to see what people say.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Perfect world and Atlantica online. Especially when you turn of fog.. Some later locations look a little bland but I love the whole beginning of the game graphic wise..

• HoundeyeHoundeye Member Posts: 110

lol i find Requiem so funny in that respect its like watching Rolf Harris paint! and a little bit here, and a little bit there, can you tell what it is yet?

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694

I haven't played a ton of f2ps but Mabinogi is definitely one of the games with better graphics.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

PW has my vote

• PezheadPezhead Member Posts: 149

Sword of the new world by far has the best graphics, that said, i like the art direction in perfect world better, and I didnt care much for the game system in SotNW(Grenado Espada).

It's almost 2010, and I am just not wiling to tolerate clunky graphics while being told that "gameplay is more important than graphics". That excuse won't wash with me any more. I expect my games to have both good graphics and good gameplay.
    -Quote Isoke(VN boards)

• KillerEwokKillerEwok Member UncommonPosts: 118

Classic RS has better graphics then most every f2p mmo :|

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Sword of the new world. Easily. Perfect World has generic F2P MMO written all over it.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

perfect world landscape and enviorment are so sharp and beautiful espeically looking down while you on flight but the character models are not that good and their skill special effects looks cheap.

most people in asia with integrant graphic will say silkroad look bad but really when you can max it out it look very kickass. shiny armors and nice lighting glare effects. the skill special effects animation look so stylish and davastating.

requiem look real nice for a free game.

vote goes to silkroad and requiem.