Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i give this game another chance?

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

I just got the platinum edition to this a few weeks ago. The game was relatively fun, I LOVED the idea of owning your own house, i thought it was awesome. The only problem i have with the game is how LACKING early gameplay is. Theres no one around! Everyone is starting level 20's instead of level 1's and i have not one person to play with!

Is there a substitute for this? I got back into FFXI and i can't freaking stand how Farm-oriented that game is. Farm gear for months to get some of the required things later in the game.. its just plain stupid.

Thanks for sugggestions.

<insert random string of profanity here>

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• BigxBigx Member Posts: 148
    Well I left daoc couple weeks ago cause of the NF and TOA expansions.  The game was great for me for over 2 years.  With those expansions ruined it for me.  I played World of Warcraft stress test.  Had a blast.  Open beta supposed to start soon.  God hope so LOL.  The release date for pre-order is 11/15/04.  You should hang out and try out the open beta see if its your cup of tea image.  Guess after that you can make a decision.  There is eq2 coming out soon to (thats not for me though).  Goodluck image

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

Since you have the platinum edition, you have a month free to try it out.  True, the newbie game is kinda dead, but they have made it much faster to get through those early levels.  It's still possible to find at least one other person to group with you though.  If you like pvp, they now have battlefields for all levels and you gain xp as well as realm points.  If you are a pve person, camp bonuses have been greatly increased and a free level system has been put in place.

It's relatively painless getting up into the 30's these days.

• LadyKatriellLadyKatriell Member Posts: 6
    Bye all means, give it another shot. I agree that ToA sucks and ruined the game for those that don't use /levelimage, but hopefully Catacombs will help to even out the playing field. If ya ever need help, be sure to give me a /tell!image

-Kat

-Kat

• Qbic07Qbic07 Member Posts: 91

It is true that beginning can be hard as there are not that many lower level players left.  If you play as an Alb on a high-populated server you should find enough players to team up with though.  On the other hand if you do not like Albion and want to play in Midgard/Hibernia (like I did image) I suggest you find a nice guild to help you through the first levels.  I played so far on Midgard/Excalibur (European server) and I switched to Prydwen/Hibernia a while ago and I can't say I regret it.  It has been one hell of a ride and great fun.  Of course tastes differ so it could well be that you don't like the game the way others do.  Another tip would be to download a few ingame movies.  That way you can see what's ahead of you  image

Good luck mate image

• KujoxKujox Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Man...you have to have a Imagination for some games, Like FFXI , cause that game sucks and there is very few points to it, But Daoc on the other hand, The imagination works for you, there is a great point to this game, that is to kill other people and rule over there realms image, FFXI is just a consumers popularity selection for a game, other words people buy and and try it cause its an "online sequal" to the 10 1/2 previous final fantasy game BTW FF7 dominates them all, they should make a FF 7 2 for that one cause it had the best story line and point for all of them, back to my point only reason people play FFXI is cause its a waste of money and it looks fun. DAoC will entertain you 100x more and be 100x more enjoy able then any other MMORPG,till EQ2 YES, comes out thats why its more the 90% on the top for best RPG game

• ozzie30ozzie30 Member Posts: 7
    my husband and I just started playing waiting for EQ2 to come out.  We are noobs with 2 other friends on the hibernia server(or something like that) if you ever want a newb group lol.  E mail me here if interested.  we just leveled to 5 lol. 

• MonkhoundMonkhound Member Posts: 3

I agree that ToA is kind of killing the game, but the New Frontiers are way better than the old. Realm vs realm has been greatly improved. But for new players, I quite understand how difficult it may be to xp well on your own. I tried without /level command, on for some classes it must really be a pain getting to level 20 (talking about healing classes like druid or cleric). For your first char, I'd advise a necromancer (Albion), bonedancer (Midgard) or an enchanter (Hibernia) to get level 50 fast to be able to use /level command.
    After getting level 50, you really need a good guild, with an active alliance to get information about master levels being organised, and to get good stuff (artifacts, good loots and so on), otherwise you will really have trouble in realm vs realm fights.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Yes, there arent lvl 1-19 around much anymore but with an extra world to explore (SI) for all kinds of lvls its not really a problem, and with another expansion on the way this december.. which if read.. describes even how easier there going to make the lvling experience for people who dont have that much time to play.

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 45 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

Darkage of Camelot
    Hellzpyro 50 Wizard | Merlin / Alb

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    I will start my DaoC up again when Catacombs is released. It is still a really good game. And the 1-20 is easilly solved, you can task yourself the whole way in less than two days. Just do killtasks. Then you are suddenly up there with the rest of them and have all the groups you want.

Only game I wait for right now: Imperator.
    Go Mythic!

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I agree with Harafnir.

Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Hellzpyro 45 Wizard | Merlin / Alb