Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored in GW

Mak-A-VeliMak-A-Veli Member Posts: 18

I'm tired of doing missions etc.  I'm looking for someting fun to do.  Please help me with some suggestions. Thanks!

Comments

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427

Start a fire? Seriously, a bit of guidelines or a general direction might help some.

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

* Tinker with solo farming builds.

* Solo 1v1 against ANY profession builds (tricky).

* Create unique hero builds for hero battles.

* Go have a boxing match in GW:EN with elite brass knuckles.

* Try to run Droknars from Beacons.

• RunianStarRunianStar Member UncommonPosts: 27

Hey, I felt similarly, until i got Eye of the North.  There are a lot of great side games, dungeons, and motivation for gaining reputation.  I would suggest starting there. 

Additionally, have you tried pvp.  I was never a big fan until I started Alliance Battles (you need GW: Factions for that though).  It's a great time fighting with friends and guildmates. 

Hope that helps!  Blessings!

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

well what have you been doing in GW? Bored of PvP? PvE?
    i got a long time GW friend, who initially disliked PvP, got bored with PvE, got into RA and HA, now he leads a primarily PvP guild and still having great fun
    so try switching from one gamestyle to another

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Mak-A-VeliMak-A-Veli Member Posts: 18

Thanks for all your help guys!

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Get a guild, do either HA or GvG. If you still manage to be bored you must be the most easily bored person ever to be born. Becoming bored in GvG or HA with a moderately good team and people vs a moderately good people and team is simply not possible.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

If in doubt, PvP. That's taken up around 70% of all my Guild Wars play time.

Start with Alliance Battles or competitive missions (such as Fort Aspenwood or The Jade Quarry in Factions).

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Lydon
    If in doubt, PvP. That's taken up around 70% of all my Guild Wars play time.
    Start with Alliance Battles or competitive missions (such as Fort Aspenwood or The Jade Quarry in Factions).

Personally I'd recommend to stay clear of these since they're all in comparison to HA or GvG quite boring. But that's just me. Don't give up PvP before having given HA and GvG a try though.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Completely disagree. They're the only form of PvP I do. You can jump right in, don't have to worry yourself with teamspeak/vent and it's casual unlike the more competitive forms of PvP. On top of that, jumping right into GvG/HA is going to get you owned. I'd ease myself in if I was you.