Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just some questions...

Alright, well I haven't played since open beta, but I have decided to give this game another go.

I was curious to know what server would have the most RPers?

I would also like to know how is the combat? Is it slow, fast, exciting, ect.

That's all I can come up with right now heh..

Comments

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

The unofficial RP server is Landroval, though all the other servers have some kind of RPing going on as well.

Combat? I wouldn't say fast, some people have complained that its too slow, but most dont mind it... as I dont... so I wont say that its necessarily exciting, but I dont find anything wrong with it; I very much enjoy the game  as a whole  :)

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

If you like faster combat you should get the expansion since the Warden and Rune keeper classes seems faster than the old ones, but they are also harder to play.

The combat in LotrO is considered pretty slow and it may take awhile to adjust to the skill/attack que.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

The EU server Laurelin is a dedicated role-playing server.  Meaning that you are meant to stay in character most of the time.  (Like when you talk in /say must always be in character) 

Oddly, seeing as Tolkien fans are usually quite dedicated, I was expecting a much more prolific rp-scene within Laurelin.  There are hot spots, such as The Prancing Pony in Bree, but I have not seen as much role-playing as I experienced in Moonglade rp-server on WoW.

Perhaps I have not been actively looking out for the role-play, and I am sure it is there in bucket loads if you join a rp Kin, as well as check the official Laurelin server for in-game rp events.

As for combat?  Like nearly every MMO, it is slow in comparison to the unltra-quick fights in games like Diablo.  However, with every class having it's own little touches, it's not boring.  I'm especially eager to try out the two new classes; Rune Keeper and Warden.  The Warden in particular has a very unique system, which I have yet to see, but believe it to be like the slots on a fruitmachine, where you build up gambits, and combos for a finshing move.  Very novel.

If you do roll a charavcter on the European server Laurelin, send my main character; a hunter called Turkonan a tell, and I'll help you out, even get you into our rank 11 kin should you wish.