Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Help me find a game. Rofl

twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

So I've been playing MMOs for forever now. And recently I've taken a break from them but now I'm back and I honestly have no idea what the hell to play. I'm looking for a F2P game as I won't put in $15 a month to play a game I already paid for. Anyways. I'll pretty much solo grind through any game I can find if the PvP in the game is worth it. That's kinda what I was aiming for. I've played games like: Guild Wars (own all the expansions), Archlord, Anarchy Online, 2moons, RF Online, Shadowbane, Silk Road Online, Voyage Century Online (I think that's what it's called atleast?), Rohan: Blood Feud, uhhh. What else. Maple Story (unfortunately), WoW, L2 Pserver, SWG, Hellgate: London, Ragnarok Online, RuneScape, EvE Online, Air Rivals, Rappelz, Red Stone, GunZ, Exteel, Perfect World, Shaiya, Last Chaos, Hero Online, Cabal, Knight Online, Scions of Fate, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, Metin 2, etc. etc. Pretty much everything out there. I'm highly anticipating Runes of Magic and DF but alas, those two games aren't out yet. And honestly I can't find a game that suits my needs.

If you doods could give some suggestions for games with good PvP and a decent grind I'd appreciate it. But I've pretty much tried every MMO out there. Maybe you could re-suggest one of the ones I mentioned above? I've tried reinstalling a few of them again but I can't get into them :( so I don't know. I really wanna play an MMO but I just can't seem to find one for me. 

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

Comments

• dlooneydlooney Member Posts: 306

You could try atlanctica online its f2p. Also it does turn based fighting like final fantasy check it out its better then it sounds.

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

I see you did list a few specifics on what you're looking for as F2P, solo grind, and has pvp. What I'd like to know is what kind of pvp are you looking for such as territorial, arena, open pking, and whatever others. Also are graphics important to you? I like to narrow it down as much as possible so it's easier for me and others to suggest a game.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Ah. I'll pretty much play anything. I've kinda gotten desperate lately. I install something then I uninstall it... It's been terrible :/

Faction Wars, World PvP, doesn't matter to me as long as it plays good. I was looking for something a little more open like WoW or Rappelz where you can kill anyone on sight, but if it's arena style like Guild Wars then that doesn't bother me or territories like Perfect World. Graphics don't have to be WTF amazing since I can't run newer games all that great (e.g. Atlantica Online which I did play but I didn't get into it either).

My only Gripe is that the game have decent controls. I don't mind if it's point to click or WASD movement but if my inventory key is the escape button and my '8' key is the exit game button, then I won't play it. Basically I can't stand ass-backwards controls (but you know what I mean lol). I'll probably be looking at RF Online again once it comes back into Open Beta, but I'll still need to find a game in the meantime.

Thanks for helping me out guys!

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by twiggy550

Ah. I'll pretty much play anything. I've kinda gotten desperate lately. I install something then I uninstall it... It's been terrible :/

Thanks for helping me out guys!

Help you?

You tried and played dozens of mmorpgs judging by your list, you're answering your question yourself, mmorpgs aren't made for you or you don't tackle them properly if you don't stick to one or two, mmorpgs mean commitment, experience and length. So your big list means you can't or don't know how to play mmorpgs and shouldn't ask for our advice in the first place.

Don't need to be an ass about it buddy. It's more like there isn't much that they have to offer. If anything, Guild Wars offered the most (obviously) and Rappelz was second to that, but Guild Wars arena mode got boring and Rappelz item shop along with pets, ruined the game. I don't play WoW because it's not worth $15 in the first place though I have played it, and I don't feel like raiding thousands of dungeons just so I can finally be decent enough for PvP.

I know how to play MMOs, but what I've played in the past just doesn't cut it right now. Like Silk Road was great for it's time and about a year ago I loved Cabal. You mess with the fluidous nature of a game like SWG and you fuck it up for good. That's how I feel with a lot of these games. All I'm asking for are good MMO recommendations, not some advice with a small pep talk telling me "go get em' tiger!" because that's just gay.

With that said, your post is rendered worthless and unhelpful in the "LFG" section which is supposed to do what I'm asking for -- Help me find a game to play.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Try Runes of magic, it will release in december and i sfree, quite fun game actually.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

So I've been playing MMOs for forever now. And recently I've taken a break from them but now I'm back and I honestly have no idea what the hell to play. I'm looking for a F2P game as I won't put in $15 a month to play a game I already paid for. Anyways. I'll pretty much solo grind through any game I can find if the PvP in the game is worth it. That's kinda what I was aiming for. I've played games like: Guild Wars (own all the expansions), Archlord, Anarchy Online, 2moons, RF Online, Shadowbane, Silk Road Online, Voyage Century Online (I think that's what it's called atleast?), Rohan: Blood Feud, uhhh. What else. Maple Story (unfortunately), WoW, L2 Pserver, SWG, Hellgate: London, Ragnarok Online, RuneScape, EvE Online, Air Rivals, Rappelz, Red Stone, GunZ, Exteel, Perfect World, Shaiya, Last Chaos, Hero Online, Cabal, Knight Online, Scions of Fate, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, Metin 2, etc. etc. Pretty much everything out there. I'm highly anticipating Runes of Magic and DF but alas, those two games aren't out yet. And honestly I can't find a game that suits my needs.

If you doods could give some suggestions for games with good PvP and a decent grind I'd appreciate it. But I've pretty much tried every MMO out there. Maybe you could re-suggest one of the ones I mentioned above? I've tried reinstalling a few of them again but I can't get into them :( so I don't know. I really wanna play an MMO but I just can't seem to find one for me. 

Big list, but you haven't elaborated one what your needs other than "decent grind and good PvP". The quality of PvP is subjective, but most of the games in your list have decent grind and pvp.

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• kolekkolek Member Posts: 118

Lol, "MyPrecious" (By the way it's also pretty ironic to be calling people nerds with a name like that) you're a jerk. Who are you to tell people how to play an MMO?

Anyway back on topic. Maybe Dream of Mirror Online, it's an Aeria game and is probably played a lot like Shaiya.

True. Do you have a recommendation? I was looking for a game with more of a strategic stat allocation system you know where it's like "put x amount of points into strength" rather than "level up!" and you have no say in the building of your character. Stuff like that. I know a lot of the games on my list have PvP and a good grind, but I was looking for a game that it's Item Mall (if the game has one) didn't totally ruin the PvP aspect of the game. You know, kinda like GunZ or War Rock. You pay for the better stuff, I don't like that if it makes an imbalance in the PvP system.

Sorry, it was a rather dry 'rofl' which in that case I guess it is out of place. I can't really change the topic title now otherwise I'd edit it out. Sorry if that bugs you, lol.

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

True. Do you have a recommendation? I was looking for a game with more of a strategic stat allocation system you know where it's like "put x amount of points into strength" rather than "level up!" and you have no say in the building of your character. Stuff like that. I know a lot of the games on my list have PvP and a good grind, but I was looking for a game that it's Item Mall (if the game has one) didn't totally ruin the PvP aspect of the game. You know, kinda like GunZ or War Rock. You pay for the better stuff, I don't like that if it makes an imbalance in the PvP system.

The stat allocation sounds like Ragnarok Online, or Diablo. However, Diablo is hardly an MMO, and RO is listed in your games that you didn't like. Tabula Rasa has a stat allocation mechanic, but it is dying, and might have been on your list. I think Cabal had stat allocation? Dont quote me on that though.

• kolekkolek Member Posts: 118

I'd say stick with GW then and then wait for GW2 to come out since it also promises to be F2P.

I actually did try Dream of Mirror Online, wasn't my cup of tea because it's more sandbox play with all the jobs you can choose from rather than PvP oriented. Also, it plays nothing like Shaiya though, I'm tempted to give Shaiya another shot. Only thing that deters me from Shaiya is that the Item Mall actually does make game less balanced (I think they were called NOS buff potions) and it's basically Shaiya Testosterone for a PvP match lol, otherwise I really wouldn't mind.

Cabal has a Stat system yes. But from what I last knew, the servers were rampant with all kinds of bots and it was more PvE oriented than PvP? I know they started holding uh... I think it was Realm vs. Ream matches? I'm not sure but that seems to only happen once or twice a day, aside from the dueling. And I could have sworn the Item Shop was rigged?

It's been a while since I've played some of the games on your list, but off the top of my head I know Shaiya and Perfect World have the type of thing where you put points in certain attributes when you level up (I think that's what you mean?)

I hear a lot of good things about Guild Wars and you say you enjoy it the most, so maybe you should play it if you own all of the expansions

Playing:
    My Rig:

In Perfect World you only have 2 choices: Strength and Intelligence. And that's it. Yeah, I do own Guild Wars and all of it's expansions and I was committed to it the most, but 2-3 months of constant play kind of wore me out and I haven't grown bored of it per se' but I do need to take some time off before I can actually get myself involved in it again. Which is why I've been going around and trying all kinds of other games. I'll probably end up trying Shaiya again, but I'm still trying to think if the PvP was any good in Cabal because at the time of which I played it, it sure wasn't.

In Perfect World you only have 2 choices: Strength and Intelligence. And that's it. Yeah, I do own Guild Wars and all of it's expansions and I was committed to it the most, but 2-3 months of constant play kind of wore me out and I haven't grown bored of it per se' but I do need to take some time off before I can actually get myself involved in it again. Which is why I've been going around and trying all kinds of other games. I'll probably end up trying Shaiya again, but I'm still trying to think if the PvP was any good in Cabal because at the time of which I played it, it sure wasn't.

No there are at least 6 choices, but not sure what they are off the top of my head. I played it like a year ago, and downloaded it again recently and only gained a level or two so far (but I know you get more choices than strength and intelligence). I'm not sure when you get to PvP in the game, but I hear it's fun.

If you don't mind a different kind of combat system I would try Atlantica Online

My review of it: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/211346

Playing:
    My Rig:

Ah. I stand corrected then. In Perfect World there are 4 stat choices: Strength, Vitality, Intelligence, and Dexterity. I must have been thinking of the classes per race or something.

Sorry to say I played Atlantica Online and I didn't like it. It's a great game no doubt, it just isn't meant for me lol

I guess Shaiya it is? Felt a little lacking to me the last time I played back in '07, and people who bought items at the cash shop had a huge advantage over non cash shop players.

Playing:
    My Rig: