Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone With A High lvl Albion magic user? i have a few Q's

anyone still play albion an have a high level magic user? I was wondering what the max damage is for magic users now adays. My roommate an i arent into pvp really just PvM "Player v Monster" so i dont need something for killing people just something that hits good on monsters. I was reading the DAoC catacombs char builder thing an it looks like a fire wizard with max fire does only 331.5 damage an thats with bolt, Is that correct. I never played a wizard when i played the game but back then i was told a max fire wizard does like 1k damage, any help on char build an magic user damage info would be very helpful

Thank You for your time an energy

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

with hopes an dreams so far away, its no wonder why so many go insane

Comments

• MonkhoundMonkhound Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Loderdale a fire wizard with max fire does only 331.5 damage an thats with bolt, Is that correct. I never played a wizard when i played the game but back then i was told a max fire wizard does like 1k damage, any help on char build an magic user damage info would be very helpful

In practice, a full spec fire wizzard does about 800 damage (without critical hit) with his spec line bolt. Baseline bolt must hit at about 700 (still without critical hit). The maximum damage for a bolt, without a critical hit is 1011, with a 50+14 in Fire. If you have good stuff, you can have the +10% damage to all spells on ToA artifacts. This makes you able to get closer to that maximum damage. Relics also influence your spell damage: 3 relics (= +20% to all spell damage) also make you get closer to that maximum.
    Then there is your standard damage spell: maximum damage of about 550. Same rules apply as for the bolt. Only for those standard DD, you can also get closer to maximum damage with realm ability Mastery of Magery.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    When it comes to albion casters that are for rvr.. in the new frontiers.. bolts are the best.. so i would say fire specced wizards

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 45 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot
    Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib