Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quest helper help please

how do i get quest helper mod to work, can some one please help?

i downloaded it from curse, but the folder has no setup file or exe file.

do i just throw the folder in the WoW directory? any helpfull sugestions would be greatfully appreciated

Comments

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

most mods don't come with a setup exe file (and i'd avoid 'em by choice, anyway)

just extract the archive to your <world of warcraft install path>/Interface/Addons directory.  same case for 90% of addons.  most of 'em come with a readme.txt or install.txt that tells all...

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

I suggest getting Carbonite Quest actually. I'm unsure if the mod you're using requires a specific area to be in, but generally a folder is made in the Interface folder of the WoW section. For example in Windows XP:

C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftInterfaceAddOns

Inside the Addons folder is where the specific addon folder goes for example again:

C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftInterfaceAddOnsCarboniteQuest

Just make sure when installing a mod that there isn't a folder inside of a folder because it won't work. As soon as you open an addon folder such as CarboniteQuest there should be all the *.ini files and such.

Edit Add: Also at the character select screen make sure to click on the Addons button in the lower left corner and turn on Load out of date Addons.

• blisterfistblisterfist Member Posts: 69

thanks guys u rock