Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Technical help) Microstoft C++ error

Hi, all

I am making this thread to help the poeple that can't run lotro updates. Alot of people are getting the microsoft C++ 2005 sp1 (x86) error when trying to patch or start the launcher. I have been having this promblem for a few days now and i think i finally found a possible solution.

1.First off, uninstall lotro completely

2. Then go to my computer, c:drive, program files, and find the turbine folder.

3.Delete the turbine folder.

4.After that make sure you have all your updates for windows whether its vista or xp.

5.(Vista users) Go into your control panel, then to user accounts, and turn off UAC (User account control).

6.Restart your computer, and then start installing lotro agian,make sure no browser windows are open or any other programs are running.

If all goes well you shoudln't get that error anymore, and if havent already downloaded c++ sp1 do so before any step link here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en.

This worked for me, tried to post on lotro forums but i need to resub to post so i put it on here, if someone with turbine active account please post this on the forums that would be much appreciated. Best of luck!!

Comments