Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

its nice to be back but i dont think i ll be playing for two years solid till the next expansion

i m enjoying the lich king . it seams to be a far more enjoyable expansion than the burning crudade thus far , but once i hit 80 i dont think i ll be staying with wow month on month now theres so many other half decent fantasy mmos out there . lord of the rings offers some great pve and warhammer offers some decent pvp . i know these games might not be everyones cup of tea but for me they offer a nice change of pace from warcraft . i m sure theres plenty of people will stay with wow for the next two years but i wonder how many will be like me and alternate between two or three mmos . after all variety is the spice of life and theres some really good competition for the price of my subscription fee now ( in my opinion that is ).

Comments

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

I'm much more likely to play other things than MMO's next to WOW than switch WoW for another MMO, just nothing out there that really interests me

• KaiohKaioh Member Posts: 46

What you're doing is exactly what I am doing right now.  I bought a collector's edition of warhammer online and LOTRO Mines of Moria .  I am playing warhammer online when I feel like running around slashing and hitting people.  Once in a while I run a big dungeon, but mostly pvp stuff.  I'm pretty new to LOTRO but the pve has blown me away, and the detail in the game is amazing.  

I played WoW for about 3 years with my friends, I bought WOTLK tried it out and realized I was just tired of the game and didn't want to play it anymore, so I uninstalled the game and gave my CDs to a friend.  However, I am glad the people that like WoW are enjoying the expansion, or at least I hope they are enjoying it.  I've been reading some mixed messages on it.  Some people say it's awesome, some say it's more of the same.  

I tend not to post on WoW boards, but your post was on the main page of mmorpg so I was like what the heck 

Anyway,  I hope you're having fun whatever game you choose.

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

I prefer to have several games that I can play, because like you hinted at, variety keeps things interesting and helps prevent burnout.  I go back and forth on whether or not I'm excited to try WotLK...probably because I really enjoyed regular WoW and was quite excited about BC; until I tried it that is.  I knew going it would be more of the same, but there was just something about it which seemed "smaller" and more grindy than the original game had felt.  I've heard a lot of good things about WotLK that make me want to try it out, and at the same time there's still that bit in the back of my head that worries I might feel the same as I did about BC.

With that said, I'm looking forward to giving LotRO a chance and possibly WAR once they offer trials.

------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!