Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to do it right.

BattagBattag Member Posts: 94

Hey everyone!  I just was wondering if you can tell me which server would be best to start on for a new player.  I came from final fantasy xi so i dont want to be on a dead server where i dont see people for hours lol  I play an mmorpg so i can encounter other people also enjoying the world, not playing so i can explore the large landscape all by myself.  Also i dont wanna be on a server where i need to wait 3hrs to log on : (  Now i know im asking a pretty weird question but do any of u know of a server that will suit me, pvp or normal is fine for me.  I heard that they made a new server for new players that was actually well populated but i cant remember the name exactly.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

There are about 150 U.S. servers available.  There aren't that many because they are empty.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Battag

Hey everyone!  I just was wondering if you can tell me which server would be best to start on for a new player.  I came from final fantasy xi so i dont want to be on a dead server where i dont see people for hours lol  I play an mmorpg so i can encounter other people also enjoying the world, not playing so i can explore the large landscape all by myself.  Also i dont wanna be on a server where i need to wait 3hrs to log on : (  Now i know im asking a pretty weird question but do any of u know of a server that will suit me, pvp or normal is fine for me.  I heard that they made a new server for new players that was actually well populated but i cant remember the name exactly.

Destination (PvP)

Drak'Tharon

or

Destination A (PvE)

Dawnbringer

I believe this are the servers that people from multiple servers can transfer too.. here is the link

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12661341572&sid=1

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Grizzly Hils is the new PVE server

www.wowwiki.com/Server:Grizzly_Hills_US

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

In my experience any server with a Medium Population is good; you're bound to find more than enough new people and/or people leveling alts so that there will always be people at your level in most areas.  So anyways, my recommendation would just be to look at the realm list and check the population density (staying away from Heavy, as you'll get wait times).

I would also say that for the most part Low pop servers aren't always as bad as they may seem.  In the end, you'll just have to make a character on the server of your choice, run around some, log on through out the day so you can see how full it is at different times and don't forget to have fun! 

------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!