Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 5 Mins OPEN Beta Trailer is FANTASTIC !!!

foreword22foreword22 Member Posts: 4

My signature

Comments

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

true

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by foreword22

Your post is very informative. Thanks a lot, you are enlightening my day.

Any link?

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by BigMango

Your post is very informative. Thanks a lot, you are enlightening my day.

Any link?

Hmm, I kind of thought the same thing but restrained myself from saying anything.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • foreword22foreword22 Member Posts: 4

Oh come on so easy to watch on the AION website..here http://www.aiononline.com/us/media/video/video.html  

My signature

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

that IS very visually impressive.  i'd like to explore that world if i didn't have to grind another mindless boring RPG in order to do it.

there's already beautiful worlds out there that i'd like to explore, with crappy gameplay that keeps me away.

so, afaik, nothing new, and i'm not compelled to play it in the least.

is there anything new that this game brings to the table gameplay wise?

i've heard of the flying characters....which flyff and shadowbane have done, and it didn't help those games much.

anything else different or cool about this game?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

Oh come on so easy to watch on the AION website..here http://www.aiononline.com/us/media/video/video.html  

See now that wasn't so hard.

Linked

http://www.aiononline.com/us/media/video/video.html

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by corpusc

anything else different or cool about this game?

Yeah, it's a good game, and that's nice for a change.

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

Just give me the game now, and stop teasing me! damn you NCSoft! :(

------------------------------

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Looks very cool.  But a cool world is an empty world without any players.  Have to see what happens with this one.

My other fear is that it is 100% catered to the WoW crowd:  excessive everything (armor, effects, weapons, particles, etc, etc).  Having another world (no matter how cool looking) populated with WoW-like players doesn't really appeal to me.  I can only take so much of chat channels full of "ZOMG, Chuck Norris and ur mom!" comments 24/7.

Originally posted by Thradar

Looks very cool.  But a cool world is an empty world without any players.  Have to see what happens with this one.
    My other fear is that it is 100% catered to the WoW crowd:  excessive everything (armor, effects, weapons, particles, etc, etc).  Having another world (no matter how cool looking) populated with WoW-like players doesn't really appeal to me.  I can only take so much of chat channels full of "ZOMG, Chuck Norris and ur mom!" comments 24/7.

Though chat channels are easily disabled I agree with you entirely.  The biggest reason I no longer play WoW is because of its community, full of arrogant know-it-alls and immature fools alike.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

It's HIGH fantasy. How do you expect it'll look? Bland like LoTRO? No.

The WoW crowd is growing up, so I'm hopeful.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Excessive armor, effects, weapons and particles im fine with, WoW wasn't the first game to do that.  The thing the bugged me in WoW was all the question marks on quest givers heads and sparkles for stuff you needed to find.  Pretty much everything you did you had your hand held, that is the elements that attracts the other WoW players to other games that have those things.

I bet you if there were no question marks  no sparklies and there was a lot of group mob grinding in WoW It would not be as popular of a game.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Meh, I don't know what people are seeing in that video that I am missing, but to me it looks like Final Fantasy *insert number here*. The video's camera movement was jerky, the character's movement was not fluid at all, and the ability animations were choppy. All of this mixed with a hundred strobe lights and neon glows that about gave me a headache just watching it.

Not pretty, just chaotic. Maybe it is just the way that the video makes the game look, but from what I've seen this is going to be very tedious. Hit a button and watch your character do a move for 10 seconds before hitting another button and being locked in your stance again while watching another flashy neon filled move go off.

I'm trying hard not to make any overly derogatory statements about the people that this game is going to appeal to, but it's definately a 'younger crowd'.

• porter1982porter1982 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by nblitz

It's HIGH fantasy. How do you expect it'll look? Bland like LoTRO? No.

I think you might have just zinged yourself there with that particular comparison.

Are you actually trying to say, that LOTR(O) is not high fantasy? O.o Or, that Aion is hmm somehow closer to the core of high fantasy genre than LOTR(O)? O.o Because the former, or at least the latter, is how I understand your statement...

*sigh...* e.g. The definitions of high fantasy below...

http://www.warr.org/high_fantasy_genres.shtml

http://dictionary.babylon.com/high%20fantasy

http://www.fact-archive.com/encyclopedia/High_fantasy

If someone has a more respectable source please do paste and/or flame a bitsa about me not making the effort - but it's a forum, not a scholarly paper.

• penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174

The respondants to the OP's post seem rather cynical.  I am not sure why.  I haven't even seen this game, yet it appears that a lot of hard work and effort was put into its art work.  Granted, it's not exactly to my tatste, however, it looks impressive enough to pick up and try for a month or two.  It looked quite beautiful to me.  I'm curious: is there anything specific about the artwork/graphics that people don't like - besides high fantasy v realism (Which I tend to like better).  Just curious.   

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

as usual, the majority always talks about graphics, and don't give a crap about gameplay. 

Corpus Callosum    

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

WoW, LOTRO & EQ2 are also "good games" for what they are. 
    but a highly polished turd is still a turd.

is Aion just a glossier turd?

That will depend entirely on what you would consider a highly polished turd.

Then again, would my opinion about the game after my experience playing it mean anything for you? Or are you waiting for someone to say that this game is a turd so you can confirm your theory?

If you're expecting innovation and the uber features that nobody ever have thought of, back off, if you're looking for a properly designed game which features don't slap each other, and a game that will end up playing as devs expected, then Aion might be for you, and that (in nowadays market) is innovative, no game has achieved that in a looooong time.

• TrissaTrissa Member Posts: 251

as usual, the majority always talks about graphics, and don't give a crap about gameplay. 

If you take a look in these boards and at www.aionsource.com you will find plenty of KOBT reviews and videos talking about gameplay. Both mechanics and core design. If you don't know too much about the game you can start at the sticky FAQ in aionsource, good info.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

What I find and like in a game as far as gameplay and graphics may not be what you like. That is something you are going to have to find out for yourself, No word of mouth can resolve this for you.

As far as graphics and gameplay.....I want and demand both damit. I spent alot of money on my computer and I want a game that will complement it. Will not settle for anything less.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• foreword22foreword22 Member Posts: 4

I don't know if the game will be good, I was just pointing that the production value of this trailer in my eyes was very good. To me this game looks a little bit like Lineage 2..which is from the same company ncsoft. But L2 is a pretty boring game in my point of view, and this might be the case for this Aion. The trailer is still well done in my opinion.

My signature

• fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180

i hope ncsoft learned their lesson when al their games failed at western markets except gw,..i trully hope they didnt made this game just for asians money but for ours too

• enLSenLS Member Posts: 22

Yep is looks nice