Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broke the $3.00 barrier.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Going down. At 10:53AM : 2.99 Down 0.04 (1.32%)

Comments

• kpartonkparton Member Posts: 104

and?

• ScaredgirlScaredgirl Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by kparton

and?

Well, this is a FORUM where we talk about all things related to AoC. Stock price could have a direct effect to AoC if FC goes bankrupt.

OP contributed to this discussion. You didn't. You're probably a gamer who is just playing AoC and doesn't care about financial stuff but financial stuff IS very important and some of us like to talk about it. If you don't want to talk about stock prices, please go post on another thread.

Rapid decline of FC stock seems to continue. It's dropping more slowly now, but it IS still dropping. We'll have to wait and see whether DX10 will have any effect on stock price.

-----------------------------
    Originally posted by Frobner
    "Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• kpartonkparton Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Scaredgirl

and?

Well, this is a FORUM where we talk about all things related to AoC. Stock price could have a direct effect to AoC if FC goes bankrupt.

OP contributed to this discussion. You didn't. You're probably a gamer who is just playing AoC and doesn't care about financial stuff but financial stuff IS very important and some of us like to talk about it. If you don't want to talk about stock prices, please go post on another thread.

Rapid decline of FC stock seems to continue. It's dropping more slowly now, but it IS still dropping. We'll have to wait and see whether DX10 will have any effect on stock price.

No Scaedgirl, you missunderstand...yet again.

I specifically asked the OP where the rest of his discussion was by asking "AND?".  Just posting the current stock price is not discussion as you put it, maybe the OP missed the second part of his "Discussion" out or the forum botched up his post.

Go troll somewher else

I specifically asked the OP where the rest of his discussion was by asking "AND?".  Just posting the current stock price is not discussion as you put it, maybe the OP missed the second part of his "Discussion" out or the forum botched up his post.
    Go troll somewher else

I think what OP posted was NEWS. What's happening with FC stock price can be considered news. I mean it has almost hit rock bottom in a couple of months and might affect the future of AoC.

If we want, we can now discuss about these news. Just like I did earlier speculation whether DX10 will have any affect on the current stock price. YOU on the other hand have brought NOTHING usefull to this thread and you accuse ME of being a troll?

Like I said before, if you don't like financial discussion, just skip those threads.

"Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Go troll somewher else

I think what OP posted was NEWS. What's happening with FC stock price can be considered news. I mean it has almost hit rock bottom in a couple of months and might affect the future of AoC.

If we want, we can now discuss about these news. Just like I did earlier speculation whether DX10 will have any affect on the current stock price. YOU on the other hand have brought NOTHING usefull to this thread and you accuse ME of being a troll?

Like I said before, if you don't like financial discussion, just skip those threads.

rock bottom is a relative term.  The stock has barely moved the last month or so, and has been trading on very light volume.   Two months ago, it would trade 700k shares a day, now most days are <100k shares per day.   There will be a significant movement when they have the 'special' stockholders meeting in December.   It still seems investors are doubtful that Funcom has 36M in the bank, since you can actually buy the entire company for less than that.

And the warning about rock-bottom.   If a stock falls from $55 to $3, and you think that is rock bottom and invest... the stock only has to drop $1.50 more for you to lose half your money.  When a stock is trading on VERY light volume, it only takes one or two orders to move the stock drastically. 

• gantonganton Member UncommonPosts: 304

and?

Yes, because only trolls can post on these forums!! Get outta here you fan of AOC we dont take kindly to your kind around here!

On a serious note. ScaredGirl When have you actually contributed ANYTHING to these boards??

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

still funny stock positive threads are allowed to stay up, while stock negative threads (like this one) are locked

something off about that

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Azrile

rock bottom is a relative term.  ...

Not really.

When Stock price x number of issued stocks < Company Assets then I would call that rock bottom... at that point you could make money (in theory) by buying the company and selling the parts?

(That is a very simplified post - it's late)

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716
    Originally posted by Sabradin

still funny stock positive threads are allowed to stay up, while stock negative threads (like this one) are locked
    something off about that

ya seriously, but i guess the sites not perfect so whatever. i usually ignore these stock posts cuz the ppl usually dont know what their talking about. just walk away sabradin youll be happier

• nezroynezroy Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Not really.

When Stock price x number of issued stocks < Company Assets then I would call that rock bottom... at that point you could make money (in theory) by buying the company and selling the parts?

It's not just theory, it happens all the time. (EDIT: i.e. a bust-up takeover)

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

Against FC: This can become very, very bad news if FC continues going down this path. While stock is not an exact estimate of funds within a company, it's still a good use for an estimate. Whether you like or hate FC, this doesn't mean anything but bad news... if it continues down this path.

Defense of FC: People seem to be forgetting that we're in a bear market right now, meaning the market is in a state of selling over buying. FC, along with everyone other companie's stock, is showing downward trend with the rest of the economy and the fact that we are in a state of widespread pessimism. But, soon enough we'll end up in bull market again, and with that, many companies such as FC should be taking a wide slope upward... in FC's case it probably won't increase a huge amount, but it shouldn't be going on a downward slope as it has been currently. AT least for a little while.

Of course, by January we will see another one of these kinds of posts by a fan of this game mentioning FC's stock took a quantum leap... when in all honesty, it's all just thanks to Christmas cheer and bull market. In all honesty, these stock threads really are tiring, bothersome, and if you ask me, meaningless when used in excess. Sure, it's info and debatable info nonetheless. Yet, when people use stock simply for the sake of trolling for the good of this game or just to join in on the hate crowd and have no idea how the market flows, it makes things frivolous.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

If you are referring to the stock price in US Dollars it broke though that in mid August. The price you are getting off the Yahoo Stock quotes is in NOK or Norwegian Kroner 1 NOK is about 13 cents US give or take. The value of a share of Funcom stock today in US Dollars would be 39 cents.

Use the Business Week page, if you are really interested in tracking the value. It lists the Funcom share price in US Dollars.

investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp

I miss DAoC

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881
    Originally posted by nezroy

Not really.

That's how the 'Gordon Gekkos of the world make a quick buck, happens everyday all over the world. Something tells me FC books are a bit too cooked **  to attract real interest by professional Axe Men.

** (see the amazing extra 6 million dollars out of thin air recorded last quarterly)

Originally posted by Jackdog

Use the Business Week page, if you are really interested in tracking the value. It lists the Funcom share price in US Dollars.

Man, that 6 month stock price diagram is brutal. Every time I see it, I'm amazed FC is still in business. You can only imagine how grim the mood is in FC headquarter. I wonder if Craig need sleeping pills to sleep at night?

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

Originally posted by Jackdog

Man, that 6 month stock price diagram is brutal. Every time I see it, I'm amazed FC is still in business. You can only imagine how grim the mood is in FC headquarter. I wonder if Craig need sleeping pills to sleep at night?

While Craig had his tenure running Anarchy Online, I got the impression he was no dummy.

If they offered to pay him with stock options, I am sure he passed.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Unfinished

Originally posted by nezroy

Not really.

That's how the 'Gordon Gekkos of the world make a quick buck, happens everyday all over the world. Something tells me FC books are a bit too cooked **  to attract real interest by professional Axe Men.

** (see the amazing extra 6 million dollars out of thin air recorded last quarterly)

That was my point.  I don't know how Funcom got away with that?

$6M was a large chunk of money in relation to their turnover.  Now before you flame me and tell me that this happens all the time... I know that.  I own a company.

I have made mistakes of the same sort - and when you discover them you write a letter to the Tax Office and make a correction.  But, in relation to my revenue, my mistakes are small.

If I made a mistake equaling more than 25% of my revenue I would expect an audit.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

I would say buy now and sell in 2 years ;)

Originally posted by Deewe

I would say buy now and sell in 2 years ;)

Lol

My tip is: don't invest in FC stocks any money which you are not willing to lose. There is a big chance FC won't here there in 2 years.

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

Well - there was a guy here telling ppl to buy if it went under 10 NKR cause it would HAVE to come up then.  Nope it didn't....   The game is now where it belongs - both in playerbase and raiting (6-7).  And the stockprice is about right at 3 NKR considering that. 

Well - there was a guy here telling ppl to buy if it went under 10 NKR cause it would HAVE to come up then.  Nope it didn't....   The game is now where it belongs - both in playerbase and raiting (6-7).  And the stockprice is about right at 3 NKR considering that. 

I saw that guy today on the street. He had no pants and was living in a cardboard box. He was still playing Age of Conan with his stolen laptop and a wireless connection from an internet cafe nearby.

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by hobo9766

Thats like 50 cents per share, right?

1 dollar = 6 or 7 NOK.

Not that the comapny is worth buying shares in.

Originally posted by Jefferson81

1 dollar = 6 or 7 NOK.

It's actually 39 cents and going down.

• Hamrtime2Hamrtime2 Member Posts: 360

Originally posted by hobo9766

Around a month or so ago I saw it at 2.90 nok. Its the lowest Ive ever seen it. For some reason the 52 week range wont go any lower than 3.48 nok.

Expect some big news out of Funcom sometime in Feb.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by Jefferson81

1 dollar = 6 or 7 NOK.

It's actually 39 cents and going down.

So its 39 cents a share right now, they own the rights to AoC which is still popular enough to make profit from subs, as well as other games. There is a small chance the company will go out of bissnuess, a slightly higher chance of the company being bought out, and a slim chance of someone buying them out. Hmm ... maybe buying of FC is worth it since if the stock goes up, or if they get bought, you'll still make profit.

Edit: FYI, FC's stock didn't start to completly tank until banks around the world stopped lending people money which was late August so most losses from Sep to now can be explained by general economic down turn. This is evident if you compare stock value over the last 5 years. AoC was FC first big title and thus caused the stack to sky rocket at launch, but due to an early release it caused FCs stock to drop back to where it was before the game's release.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• noggy1980noggy1980 Member Posts: 343

funcoms stock was at it's lowest point in the companys history before the financial problems hit the markets. you can easily see that by looking at the funcom graph and compaing it to the nasdaq, ftse etc graphs. It was about 10 nok lower than it was at the same point last year so its far more than just the world finances fault..