Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrath of the Cookie Monster

pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

No challenge.

No grouping.

More of the same.  Quest, quest, quest.  Follow the trail of bread crumbs through Candy Land to get your welfare epics.

Anyone else feel the same about this expansion?  Is it just too easy, too formulaic, too linear in its quest pathing?

Comments

• My favorite part is how level 70 to 71 is 1.51 million and 71 to 72 is 1.53 million.  I can't take you seriously when you do that Blizzard T_T btw 73 is 1.57 million

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Contrary to what exactly? Stand around a camp with a group and do the same pull ad nauseum for days on end till you reach max level?

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by pencilrick

No challenge.
    No grouping.
    More of the same.  Quest, quest, quest.  Follow the trail of bread crumbs through Candy Land to get your welfare epics.
    Anyone else feel the same about this expansion?  Is it just too easy, too formulaic, too linear in its quest pathing?

Considering that it is, in fact, an EXPANSION for an existing game... are you surprised?  You were expecting a new game that just happened to share a name with an existing one?

• TheFighterTheFighter Member Posts: 90

No challenge.
    No grouping.

Then quit playing the game and stop moaning about it?

You do seem pretty pro though - Do you relise being Pro at an MMO mean you have no life.. clap clap

Stop your moan.

• TheFighterTheFighter Member Posts: 90

Going by your little sentence "great gaming days behind us games only getting worse" means you really do have no life. If games are getting worse go do some real life stuff, or you can go cut your wrists like most hardcore MMO players are doing these days - its really catching on.

Btw i'm not a fanboy

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

COOOOKIE!!!!!

• Swiftblade13Swiftblade13 Member Posts: 638

ok, the expansion is just more of the same for the most part... what did you expect? 

Oh... by the way theres these things called "dungeon instances"...... some of the best group content I have ever experienced online.

Grymm
    MMO addict in recovery!
    EQ,SWG preCU,L2,EQ2,GW,CoH/CoV,V:SOH,
    Aion,AoC,TR,WAR,EVE,BP,RIFT,WoW and others... no more!

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Swiftblade13

ok, the expansion is just more of the same for the most part... what did you expect? 
    Oh... by the way theres these things called "dungeon instances"...... some of the best group content I have ever experienced online.

I agree that the dungeons are the bright spot of this game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Blizzard gave people what they were asking for, don't blame them.

• kduke91kduke91 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Loke666

This. Nothing but carebears joining WoW nowadays, and bringing more and more with them.  It seems like since the release it has went downhill more and more, to the point that it's at now.

• maritpramaritpra Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by kduke91

This. Nothing but carebears joining WoW nowadays, and bringing more and more with them.  It seems like since the release it has went downhill more and more, to the point that it's at now.

Getting from 0 to 11m, i would call it uphill.

• NoimiNoimi Member Posts: 76

More of the same.

If you didn't like it the first 70 levels, what on earth made you think you may like the next 10?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Using terms like "carebear" only shows you're an elitist prick. Are you?

If not, what are you on about?

• kduke91kduke91 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

By the term carebear, I mean kids who think the game is too difficult, when it is perfectly fine. They don't want to actually work for things, but have them handed to them, rather. 

When WoW first came out, 40 man raids weren't the hardest things in the world, but it took actual effort to get that amount of people. With the release of TBC, primary raids became 25-mans, but still had some actual challenge. Nearing WotLK, Blizzard slowly started making the BC raids easier and easier, until it was to the point where pretty much any newly dinged level 70 could walk in. 3 Days after the release of WotLK, all of the raid content had already been cleared. Where did the challenge go?

edit: spelling

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

3 Days after the release of WotLK, all of the raid content had already been cleared. Where did the challenge go?

Rofl, if a guild of pro, sponsored players with 6 months of experience of raiding in *that* area would have been around at release MC would've been rolled in a few days as well, what's your point exactly? 

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

No challenge.
    No grouping.

I don't think that you can really be surprised that the questing is fairly linear, WOW has always been that way and is a better game for it. People would be complaining even harder if they had to spend hours looking for the next quest hidden deep in a mine in the corner of the map that is almost inpossible to get to.

I would take you to task over the grouping, i have teamed up more in the expansion than i ever have before, even if it is just for the ship bombing daily and such, but there is always plenty of LFG requests going up all the time.

As for the expansion itself, well just take a look around and i mean really LOOK. This area is so much more different to anything that has gone before it, the scale of the landscapes and the 'living' environment is a huge change compared to the previous areas. I think so many people are just ploughing through this thing without actually taking a few minutes to stop and take a look at what has gone into it.

As for the quests, i am loving the small changes to add a little something different to them, simple things like controlling the harpoons to detroy the buildings or blowing away the elite with a ships cannon to collect his treasure, flying in like a hero on your gryphon to rescue the scared villagers, lovin it.

I don't expect to get the first of my characters to 80 for a while yet (out of the three i am concentrating on), i am just going to cruise through and enjoy the ride.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

By the term carebear, I mean kids who think the game is too difficult, when it is perfectly fine. They don't want to actually work for things, but have them handed to them, rather. 

What do you mean? They want to play!?     

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

WoTLK goes in the right direction acording entire concept of the game. At all I do not like it very much but when realized that I enjoy WoW as its very relaxing I come back to have a bit rest from other MMOs and think they bring something that was missing for so long: explore in the cost of NPC grind. It just become again a bit more noob friendly but even that more relaxing in my point of view. If you want something more hardcore just try another game. Cannot expect hardcore gameplay from game that have 11m players. Just cannot immagine 11m hardcore gamers at all...

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I for one love the quests, its DAMN awesome to see the zone change as you complete events (<3 the event where they destroy arthas frozen hearth),  even tho my guild is pretty busy with naxx Im still doing the quests im missing from northrend... yes they are that good, you should try it some time.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

This is something I found funny when people complained about Warhammer's PvE. "It's nothing but quest, quest, quest, scenario, quest, quest, quest". I would like someone to explain to me how this is different from any other MMO, PvE or PvP one it's all the same. People just like to complain. 

• MoenskiMoenski Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Otakun

This is something I found funny when people complained about Warhammer's PvE. "It's nothing but quest, quest, quest, scenario, quest, quest, quest". I would like someone to explain to me how this is different from any other MMO, PvE or PvP one it's all the same. People just like to complain. 

Now why did you have to drag Warhammer into this? This is a discussion about what the OP thinks about WotLK. It's not another WAR vs. WoW discussion which we've all seen more than enough on various forums.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I'm a 28 year old adult. I work all day so id prefer not to work in an mmo.  I play games for the entertainment.

When WoW first came out, 40 man raids weren't the hardest things in the world, but it took actual effort to get that amount of people. With the release of TBC, primary raids became 25-mans, but still had some actual challenge. Nearing WotLK, Blizzard slowly started making the BC raids easier and easier, until it was to the point where pretty much any newly dinged level 70 could walk in. 3 Days after the release of WotLK, all of the raid content had already been cleared. Where did the challenge go?

40 Man raids were boring. Thats why i stopped playng the game intially. Sitting on vent with 39 other people (with 70% of them unknown to you even if they ar ein the same guild) listening to 1 or 2 talk tactics... no thanks. Id much rather do a 5 man heroic with friends or a 10 man instance.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by Moenski

Now why did you have to drag Warhammer into this? This is a discussion about what the OP thinks about WotLK. It's not another WAR vs. WoW discussion which we've all seen more than enough on various forums.

Because sometimes it's fun to beat the dead horse over and over again.

• MoenskiMoenski Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Moenski

Because sometimes it's fun to beat the dead horse over and over again.

The Warhammer bashing by people who've most likely never experienced it on a populated server was never fun.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by rav3n2

I for one love the quests, its DAMN awesome to see the zone change as you complete events (<3 the event where they destroy arthas frozen hearth),  even tho my guild is pretty busy with naxx Im still doing the quests im missing from northrend... yes they are that good, you should try it some time.

Same.

With TBC I used to rush through the zones and go to a new zone before I was ready just for a change of scene. With WotlK I'm taking my time with each quest, even reading every bit of dialogue 'cos there's some really well written stuff in there. Very funny, and a lot of pop culture references that really make you smile - like the 'Ultrasonic Screwdriver' quest in the Geyser Fields.

The quests feel different this time around. Yes there are your regular 'Kill X number of Y' but they are for the most part cleverly disguised (like springing traps laid by poachers to lure them and then kill them).

The only gripe I have with it so far is that it is a little too easy. Many of the 'group' quests are easily soloable (by a resto shaman no less) and the quest in which you kill the supposed progenitor of the Gnomes was a real let-down. Having a gnome rogue myself I was left feeling a bit like ... oh is that it? Pretty lame from a lore perspective. But then everyone hates on us gnomes.