Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FALLOUT3 getting 3 new expansions 2009

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Expansion 1: Operation Anchorage (January 2009)

This expansion lets you re-create a massive battle between American and Chinese forces in Alaska.

Expansion 2: The Pitt (February 2009)

This installment takes place in the raider city built upon the remnants of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. You'll be forced to side with a faction in some sort of conflict plaguing the town.

Expansion 3: Broken Steel (March 2009)

In this expansion you'll join the benevolent Brotherhood of Steel to track down the remnants of the The Enclave. This expansion extends the main storyline beyond the climactic battle at the end of Fallout 3.

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

+ They got mod tools on the way :)

O_o o_O

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Is that confirmed? Can you please post a link? I was thinking they might have given up on the mod tools.

But 3 expansions? Very cool.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Is that confirmed? Can you please post a link? I was thinking they might have given up on the mod tools.

YUP  it's confirmed

Bethesda Softworks Announces Creation Kit and

First Downloadable Content for Fallout 3

Editor to be Available in December; Downloadable Content coming for January, February, and March

November 25, 2008 (ROCKVILLE, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced plans to make both its editor and downloadable content available for its award-winning game, Fallout® 3 in the coming weeks. The official editor for Fallout 3, called the G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit), will be available for free download in December and will allow Games for Windows® users to create and add their own content to the game. In addition, the first official downloadable content, Operation: Anchorage, will be available exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® in January, and more downloadable content coming in February and March. http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-112508.php 

"We've always seen the original world of Fallout 3 as a foundation for even more content. Some created by us, and a lot more created by users," said Todd Howard, game director for Fallout 3. "It's fun to create your own character, but it can be equally fun to create your own adventures. We can't wait to see what the community does with the G.E.C.K."

The release of the G.E.C.K. provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout 3, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

YUP  it's confirmed

Bethesda Softworks Announces Creation Kit and

First Downloadable Content for Fallout 3

Editor to be Available in December; Downloadable Content coming for January, February, and March

November 25, 2008 (ROCKVILLE, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced plans to make both its editor and downloadable content available for its award-winning game, Fallout® 3 in the coming weeks. The official editor for Fallout 3, called the G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit), will be available for free download in December and will allow Games for Windows® users to create and add their own content to the game. In addition, the first official downloadable content, Operation: Anchorage, will be available exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® in January, and more downloadable content coming in February and March. http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-112508.php 

"We've always seen the original world of Fallout 3 as a foundation for even more content. Some created by us, and a lot more created by users," said Todd Howard, game director for Fallout 3. "It's fun to create your own character, but it can be equally fun to create your own adventures. We can't wait to see what the community does with the G.E.C.K."

The release of the G.E.C.K. provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout 3, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more.

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Expansion 1: Operation Anchorage (January 2009)

This expansion lets you re-create a massive battle between American and Chinese forces in Alaska.
    Expansion 2: The Pitt (February 2009)

This installment takes place in the raider city built upon the remnants of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. You'll be forced to side with a faction in some sort of conflict plaguing the town.
    Expansion 3: Broken Steel (March 2009)

In this expansion you'll join the benevolent Brotherhood of Steel to track down the remnants of the The Enclave. This expansion extends the main storyline beyond the climactic battle at the end of Fallout 3.

Very good news to hear. I look forward to the expansions and the new adventures they are going to bring

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Expansion 1: Operation Anchorage (January 2009)This installment takes place in the raider city built upon the remnants of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. You'll be forced to side with a faction in some sort of conflict plaguing the town.

that is awesome. i wonder if the 'conflict' is that the raider owened baseball team refuses to spend any money.

but glad i read this i probably was going to put the game on the shelf once i get through the last few placed i have to explore but thats something worth keeping around, my hometown destroyed!

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

THe playermade mods are going to be so much better

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• Killa154Killa154 Member Posts: 63

Hopefully they'll give the Xbox360 some love

• ginettiginetti Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 301

loving this game atm.

I can't be too sure but i think i saw dogmeat taking a shit when we were out in the wastes.  He was far from me and semi crouched, still.

After a few seconds he stood and came running to me lol

----
    MMORPG's I've Played: World of Warcraft: 10/10 - Rappelz: 7/10 - Ragnarok Online: 8/10 - DnD Online: 2/10 - Runescape: 6/10 - LotR Online: 5/10 - Anarchy Online: 7/10 - CoV: 8/10 - Rohan Online: 8/10 - Guild Wars: 7/10 - Flyff: 8/10 - Warhammer Online: 8/10

My HARDCORE Story